xisto Community
sparx

1 Tb = 1024 Gb Mailbox, Ad-free Another new mail service

No matter how much they compress, if they have a good few thousand users, all with even 0.25 full mailboxes, the amount of space needed is huge.The wqhole thing sounds like a business stunt to me.

Agreed that they'll require loads of space. They're counting on the fact that a very very minute percentage of users will use a lot of space allotted to them initially. Available space will keep getting upgraded as more and more customers flow through.

Think of it like what a bank does = they don't have enough money in the safe to cover a mass withdrawal by a large section of their customers. That in part is due to the confidence level shown by the customers toward the bank. Similarly, most users won't likely fill up the mailbox space allotted to them more than even 5% of the capacity offered by this service and I stretch that to its limit (50 GB)!

You're assuming two things at the very least:

1. The site can't be trusted because it's making an outrageous claim

2. The site cannot technically deliver on its promise.

My line of thinking is - grab your username while it's available and see how things proceed. Obviously don't use it as your primary mailbox until things settle down and a modicum of trust in the service is established.

First 30 GB now 1 TB . I dont get it . When i saw 30 GB i said to myself that this is the max any server or host and everything could handle . This is now possible . The features are good too . No Adverts - A variety of domain - No invitation needed ! I wish i could find a web hosting service like this . with the following features :1 . 1 GB Storage2 . No Adverts3 . Unlimited Bandwidth4 . Php , mysql , phpBB , Perl and ...This is all i need . Why are email services developing so fast i dont get it ! :)

Uzumaki, give up your search then. You won't find that... I can garantee you, unless you're looking to be ripped off of course. But no...

And now every Web-based e-mail service in the world is going to take part of this "We have the most space! We're awesome!" trend. I can't even use ten gigs of hard drive space on my laptop ... I can't imagine filling a TB with e-mails/files/attachments/etc. And even if I did try it, who's to say that the server is actually stable? That's just what I'd want: to do my e-mailing with a server that's so obsessed with offering the most storage space that they don't have time/resources to make sure that everyone's accounts are stable and don't, you know, make everything vanish periodically. (And don't tell me it's never happened before - why do you think I don't use online storage?)

Really why on earth would someone need so much space, its pointless and after a few days of going around saying "hey i bet your email account doesn't have TB storage", before i used to use hotmail, only ten megabites of space, but now times have changed and they offer a 250mb service, but now i use Gmail, they offer a 1GB storage limit, which is far more than enough for the average person.Before when gmail started, you could only invite someone to join gmail, and each email account had 6 invites, and they refill themselves slowly, but now its 100 invites per person and im pretty sure you could get an invite you.

Well, they won't actually give you 1 terabyte if you ask me. They say they will, but since nobody is actually going to have that much stuff in their email, each email account will not take up 1 terabyte on their servers.But for me Gmail is just fine.

ohh cool.. nice way of file sharing i guess? can i used it for mp3 sharing??? because i see that someone backedup his 100GB hdd on email.. yea? i think i must check their tos etc..

If this is true then say good bye to G-Mail , Yahoo , MSN etc. I cant believe it man. With no invites and no ads the sith wont servive. I am sure that is is some fraud . However i would like to show it to my friends :) .Thanks man for giving me a new hard diskSpeedy

I personally wont touch such a service. As pointed out by me, and others, filling up a Tb of space is nier impossible for one individual. Large file hosting companies like Rapidshare.de have only just managed to fill it with tonnes of crap and warez.

To offer a service that provides the most space is not wanted. The people who use e-mail services (free-ones) more often than not, want:

Enough space to archive their emails

Fast access to their accounts

Easy access

Large file size limits

Reliable

And is not going to suddenly shut down after being on the Internet 5 months

GMail (US)/Google Mail (UK) only require invitations so to stop or try and stop spammers. It is a genious idea, and people can't complain about it, because literally everyone you know on the Internet either has an account with unlimited invitations or knows someone else with an account. To get GMail/Google Mail is very easy. And why am I mentioning GMail/Google Mail? Because they offer an excellent service, with ever increasing functions (like POP3 access).

Other email clients, like Hotmail (or Spamail as I see it), are trying to chase GMail, but will fail, because they either flood the page with adverts, limit reliability or totally demean the whole system.

GMail/Google Mail even beats the likes of 1&1 Paid Email service. Although with those you can get your own e-mail name (@yourname.com/net/org/etc) they still don't offer a large enough table to sustain it. They have a crap design, low file disk space and the speed at which the email's are delivered is hurrendous.

So next time something comes along saying that they offer 20Tb of data storage, just ask yourself, why are they doing this? It's obviously not out of the good of their heart's.

What strikes you straight away is the immense space that they're offering - 1 Terabyte. I'm reasonably certain that 98% of users don't have this kind of space on their hard disk drives ! That's huge.

Well, what do you know... I just happen to be planning to buy a new rig with 4x 250GB maxtor drives :)

Did anyone else start to wonder why people are offering more and more disc space for email accounts? As everyone here says, it's quite useless since noone is ever going to upload 1 TB with their 1 MegaBit connection or whatever connection.

Isn't the only reason for all this is the popularity that one gets as having the accounts with the greatest space?

It sounds great. But i actually can't fill my 250mb hotmail account yet, so.... And also I don't trust them, just like more of you. It's just impossible, that they would have 1mil users and they would have 1mil tb also. Some1 tried it out yet??I don't believe them at all.

ya, gmail is fine, and hotmail plainly sucks, when i recieve a forward and its all trashed down with ads it just gets clutered and hard to read, with gmail no ads added into the email and the forwards are perfectly organized and 1tb is to much for what they offer, they need a mailnation drive where you can just add the account as a removable driveplus this service doesnt receive incoming mail! its just bounces back to sender which is really stupid and a waste of time, you can send mail and send mail to your self and 10mb attachments are pretty good but not when you cant send things to this account, this service really needs to work on thier servers.and the interface is pretty boring IMO it looks like outlook, and i hate outlook...so thats why i got incredimail...no ads are great and its free??how do they pay for all the space?? There is to much wrong with this "mailnation" for me to like it