xisto Community
jedipi

New Biological Robots Build Themselves

This isn't real AI because these things can't learn or make their own thoughts.  The things are programmed to check if there are mistakes then reform if there are.

1064327899[/snapback]

No, the programms are given a set of open ended variables. From that, the collection of data within the system can "work things out". AI is not about having thoughts, to have thoughts is to live. Computers can never essentially live, as long as they are artificial.

It's the beginning of Judgement Day. This is pretty cool though. I wonder how far we can take this to? I wouldn't mind sharing the world if these robots contribute too :)

No, the programms are given a set of open ended variables. From that, the collection of data within the system can "work things out". AI is not about having thoughts, to have thoughts is to live. Computers can never essentially live, as long as they are artificial.

1064327962[/snapback]

I mean real AI has the ability to learn and do things that weren't originally programmed. In other words, individual thought. In a way I guess. Use code they create for themselves rather than what was created for them.

Inspired by biological systems, scientists have developed miniature robots that can self-assemble using parts that float randomly in their environments.

The robots can correct their own mistakes. :)

AI, robots that build themselves, one rogue robot that watches "Terminator" or "AI" and gets some ideads in it AI....

MSNBC

1064324904[/snapback]

If the robots come together to create a graphing/scientific calculator that fixes *my* mistakes, I'll be the happiest college student ever.

Seriously though ... interesting. I don't see how robots would get the idea to take over the world - seeing as they don't have thought processes, so to speak - but wow, what if we had a real RoboCop going around and taking out known terrorists? That would be cool.

If the robots come together to create a graphing/scientific calculator that fixes *my* mistakes, I'll be the happiest college student ever.

Seriously though ... interesting. I don't see how robots would get the idea to take over the world - seeing as they don't have thought processes, so to speak - but wow, what if we had a real RoboCop going around and taking out known terrorists? That would be cool.

1064328193[/snapback]

RoboCop was one sad dude. He really was depressing.

A robot that would tell me how to make millions of pounds in under an hour would be my savient.