xisto Community
Killer008r

What Type Of Computer Are You Running On

Last year before the new Xisto thingy came up I posted a similar question.Here is my pc's specs (I upped it alot from last year)Dual bios Nvida Nforce 4 Mobo (has pci express, and was 100 bucks, which is WONDERFUL)-Amd 64 3500 (939 pin)-GForce 7800 Gtx with out vivo hookups-1gig of ram-no sound card-150 GB HD-Speakers suck (what do you expect with the rest of the computer costing so much)That is my computers specs (Godly right?) It took me 2 years to save up for that and I actually worked for it, I didn't mooch off of my parents.What type do you have?

[+] amd duron 1,6 - overclocked to 2,0 ghz[+] Asus mainboard[+] cca. 700 mb ram[+] gainward geforce4 with 64 mb on it[+] 80 gb maxtor hdd[+] DVB-TV pci card[+] thermaltake bigwater cooler[+] MSI case[+] DVD+RW pioneer[+] CD+RW sony[+] LG 710B 17" flatron screen[+] MSI keyboard and mouse[+] Lexmark 650 printer[+] Altec Lansing 2+1 speakersand that's about it... it works fine for me, Im pretty happy with it, but I would love to upgrade MBO, CPU, RAM, and graphics... :mellow:

Wow - killer machine.I think it's great that you earned the money for it yourself. I'm at a fairly large university that's filled with kids who act like Mom and Dad *owe* them laptops, musical instruments, tuition and fee money, an allowance (allowance?!), etc. It's nice to see someone else who'll go out of his/her way to work for something.

I'm not too much of a technical wiz. I know enough to get by, but when it comes to motherboards I can't tell the difference. I just know the basics, so here's what I know.P4 2.6 ghz1 gig ram120 gb hard drivegeforce 4 4800 se *sound blaster live sound cardaltec lansin speakers* I was wanting to replace my vid card, and was wondering what people around here see as the most efficent/price vid card now days. I'm open to suggestions from cards ranging up to $150-$175 or so. ATI or Nvidia seem to be the 2 major companies competing in the gaming industry (which is all I really need a high end vid card for)

My PC, Bubba....

AMD Athlon64 at 1.8 gigahertz

80-gig hard drive

512 megs of RAM

DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive

17" Proview monitor

Windows XP Home

....And I also have a Mac, who I've named Maclena. Sadly, her display is fried..... :mellow:

600 MHz Motorola PowerPC G3

40 GB hard drive

256 MB of RAM

CD-ROM drive

built-in 15" monitor

Harmon-Kardon Odyssey speaker system (built-in)

Mac OS X 10.2

My machine that I'm sitting on right now is:PIII 500Mhz14 GB Seagate Harddisk256 MB RAM40x LG CD-Rom Drive52x24x52 Benq CD-BurnerNvidia 32 MB Graphis Chip onboard10/100 Ethernet Cardbut I have several other machines like 2 IBM Netvistas:P4 2,0Ghz40 GB IBM Harddisk512 MB RAM16xDVD Burner16 MB Intel Graphics chip onboard10/100 Ethernet CardBut is anybody really interested in what the exact details of other user's machines are?GreetingZ

Dual 1.25 Ghz G4 Power Mac4GB Ram23" Apple HD Cinema Display17" Apple LCD DisplaySuperdriveCreative 5.1 Suround Sound speakers128 ATi video CardLightwave 8.3Final Cut Pro Studio 5Blender 3DOS X.4 Server (10-Client) (configured as Xgrid Admin & Screamernet II admin)10 1.25 Ghz G4 Mac Mini's512MB Ram eachCombo DriveApple Remote DesktopConfigured as Xgrid Agents (clustered system) & Screamernet II (lightwave rendering)I've started a small side business on the weekends rendering Lightwave and FCP projects for small video production (mainly wedding video) companies that are behind. Give them a couple firewire 250GB external HDD's, they load their project files and then I render the projects to a master DVD for them at about $50 per project. When they finish editing, they can move onto the next project and in an afternoon I can render 2 - 3 of their back logged projects. Then I have two freelance Lightwave artists that lease so many hours per month to render their medium projects. Same thing, send me the files and let me render so they can move onto the next project. Gives me money to support my RC Airplane and Hockey habbits.

Abit NF7-s v2.0AMD AthlonXP Barton 2500+ @2.2Ghz - 2,340GhzThermalRight SLK647U + TT Smart Case Fan II512Mb DDR400-426 2.0-2-3-11Sapphire R9600PRO 473/324Maxtor 120Gb SATANec 8x DL-DVD+-RwLiteOn 16x DVDNo caseXtra Network CardAopen 350W PSUCoolermaster AerogateIIWorks still fine, but when I have money, I'd like to get an X2 and a nV7800

Asus A7N8X-Deluxe MoboAthlon XP 2500+ (Barton) @ 3200+512 MB OCZ Gold Series PC3200 DDR RAMWestern Digital Raptor 10K RPM SATA HDDMSI Radeon 9800 Pro (O/C'd a little)Some TV tuner card and an old IDE HDDI built it myself a few years back and have slowly been upgrading. I'm getting a second Raptor soon to RAID together and I want to get another stick of RAM sometime soon.

Im currently running::733mhz Intel Celeron::::64Mb Ram::::250MHz custom chip named XGPU, developed by Microsoft and nVIDIA::::250Gb Seagate HDD::And im running Liniux Gentoox.It runs really fast and have had no problems with it what-so-ever.Just in case you didnt know this is an Xbox! I love this, i have everthing i need all in one thing.

[+] amd duron 1,6 - overclocked to 2,0 ghz

[+] Asus mainboard

[+] cca. 700 mb ram

[+] gainward geforce4 with 64 mb on it

[+] 80 gb maxtor hdd

[+] DVB-TV pci card

[+] thermaltake bigwater cooler

[+] MSI case

[+] DVD+RW pioneer

[+] CD+RW sony

[+] LG 710B 17" flatron screen

[+] MSI keyboard and mouse

[+] Lexmark 650 printer

[+] Altec Lansing 2+1 speakers

and that's about it... it works fine for me, Im pretty happy with it, but I would love to upgrade MBO, CPU, RAM, and graphics... :mellow:

1064324378[/snapback]

oh and I forgot to say, I worked for this computer cca. 1,5 years, So, everything I have there I buyed with myown money, It's pretty damn hard when you need to work for something, but on the other hand It's damn good to feel that you earned something..

I have two machines in my house. My brother's (who doesn't live here) and mine. I use one for the internet (my brother's) and my own for web design.

Borther's:

Processor: AMD Duron MMX, 3DNow - 1.8GHz

Memory: 224Mb RAM

Graphics: S3 ProSavage DDR - 32Mb

Sounds: Onboard

Hard Drive: 80GB

Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP2

Mine:

Processor: Intel Pentium 2 - MMX, 334MHz

Memory: 198Mb RAM

Graphics: Onboard - 8Mb

Sounds: Onboard

Hard Drive: 20GB

Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional

I am going to save up soon to upgrade my PC and get WiFi connectors for it. Does anybody know how I can overclock my processor? If you do, then please put it in detail in a PM to me. Thanks.

My monitor is a 17" CRT monitor, my brother's is a 17" TFT flat screen. Printers = Lexmark Z500 or something and an Epson C320 or whatever it is. We have a very old flat bed scanner and a stupid old modem. But nobody will listen to the one that knows about these things. And as for my computer, I got the pieces together and built it. And yes, I did buy it.

I just got this laptop a couple of months ago for only 800(!) and it is freakin' sweet:AMD Athlon 64 3400+ (2205 mhz)80 GB harddrive512 MB RAMATI Radeon Mobility 9600 (weakest part, too bad it's integrated)AC97 Mobo audioWindows XP Professional 64-Bit Edition/Suse 9.3 x84_64As you can see it spec's out pretty nice but the problem with this thing is physical quality. The AC plug broke (the end that goes into the computer) and I had to hack it to attach a new tip. The hinges are floppy. The screen flickers when the AC adapter is coming loose. The battery is loose. Fortunately I haven't had to deal with the largest reported issue of the hinge covers cracking, but then it's only been a couple of months. You get what you pay for.Don't buy any of the eMachines m68xx series (all the same except for processor). They're made with the same Arima "K8-Shadow" outer shell. Also the same for Gateway 75xx series (gateway owns eMachines).

:mellow: Sarah it also helped that I have my own computer fixing business which I don't have to pay taxes for because I don't have enought customers yet. I get around $100-200 per job which helps out even more. And in this highschool I'm in everyone keeps saying how their parents owe them so much. And they say I'm just mooching off my parents to get the money to be able to buy that. HAH!!! I'm probaly the only hard working one out of all of them.