xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow X

From One Host To Another

Okay, I already have an account on 100WebSpace.com but I hate it and I now want to have that account with Xisto.com. How do I transfer EVERYTHING from 100WebSpace.com to Xisto.com without losing any data? Thanks.

Depend from what you have on your old server.I just did it this week, I simply took everything from my old server (I used FileZilla as ftp client), put it on a directory on my pc, and then uploaded everything from my pc to Xisto. And the new site worked fine.this worked fine because I first had only standard html files.If you have php programs it works the same way. The only problem can come if you have webpages with full absolute paths to 100WebSpace.com, you will have to convert them to absolute paths on Xisto.com. and if you have database date, you will have to backup your database and restore the backup on Xisto.

Okay thanks so much for clearing this up for me yordan, bit confusing for me really. but it's okay thouth, I've requested for a free account on Xisto.com and think I'll start from sctrach again! Thanks anyway though. B)

If your previous host also uses CPanel, I think you can do and download a cPanel backup from your previous host and then upload the backup on Xisto. The same goes for your databases, filters and aliases. In fact you can do a full backup and just upload it to Asthost. I'm not very sure if this process works, though.

Okay, I already have an account on 100WebSpace.com but I hate it and I now want to have that account with Xisto.com. How do I transfer EVERYTHING from 100WebSpace.com to Xisto.com without losing any data? Thanks.

1064323618[/snapback]

Just use ftp to download all your files from 100WebSpace to your pc. After that tranfer the files to Xisto using ftp again.

Good Luck