xisto Community
john_meikle1405241509

Runescape: Good or Not ? Good or Not ?

Runescape is a pretty good game it may be hard for you to get money when you start so what better to do then buy some from someone with real money on a credit card or paypal account.You can purchase runescape accounts and items on this site.

Ah, no, that is so not worth it. There are plenty of ways to get money, especially now that the Grand Exchange has been added. (It's a market whose prices continuously fluctuate, but still remain very high.) There are numerous items that you can sell on the Grand Exchange to receive gold for. Me, for instance, I started by killing chickens and selling their feathers at a store in Port Sarim. But selling feathers is a rather annoying task, and after I found out about the price of bones on the Grand Exchange (it's 80-90gp each, I think, which is insanely high considering that bones are easily collected), I began killing NPCs for their bones (burying half, selling half depending on how much gold I needed) Selling rune essence was a nice deal for me too (currently 24gp on the Grand Exchange), since it's easy to mine (I don't have to watch the computer while I'm mining...unlike when I'm fighting monsters that are waaay stronger than me). The only annoying point is transporting the runes, though Aubury's Rune Shop is relatively close to the bank in Varrock...)

As for whether or not Runescape is good...well, I'd say it's too repetitive and can get quite boring. It's always amusing when I'm finally up to par and can fight a stronger monster and get more interesting drops from their death, but training (especially in the variety of cutting down trees, fishing, cooking, etc) can be quite annoying. Sure, people say that macros are a bad thing, but the only reason people use them often on Runescape is because it is highly boring to spend time watching your character cut down a few hundred trees or continuously click in a river while watching them fish. I would prefer it a lot more if I could just set the amount of time I want my character to fish, and have him/her just do the fishing. Unless there's actually something interesting for me to monitor while fishing (minus random events--those don't come all the time), why would I want to wait there?

Of course, I am playing it, so at least part of it is interesting. I'm not sure what makes it interesting, though I have a feeling it's because there's still parts of the game that I haven't yet seen, and new monsters are always a refreshing scene. So far it's been easier for me to train skills if I multitask and glance up at the computer every five minutes or so and give it a click. Doesn't really waste my time or leave me bored (since I'm doing homework), I still get training done and I rarely get killed by random events. (But ents (on trees) are really annoying. Only one warning, how sad!)

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

No where near good but its not horrible

Runescape: Good or Not ?

I would never in a million years consider this a good game but then again it isn't THAT bad. In my opinion it is something that would be good to play once in a while but it is nothing that you would want to be addicted to. Also there are so much more better games than this like Guildwars for example. If you're looking for a free game to play once in a while then runescape might be a good option. I rate this game a 4.5 out of 10

-reply by TheGUY

runescape

I play runescape...Its fun, but the training is boring...So listen to music or stuff. (multitask) but after you get past the grueling and boring hours of training it starts to get fun. If you subscribe to a members account its more fun (new skills,monsters,items etc.) but its still fun in free world...Theres adventures and quests that are fun. If you subscribe to members account jagex (the company that made runescape) comes out with a new quest about every week. There is plenty of things to do. I like to chat with friends. Overall I would rate it a 8 out of 10.

Well i give it a 7, i'd give it a 4 but since its free and doesn't need any downloads i think it deserves a 7. Other games with so much content would require a 150meg+ download. Even though the graphics aren't all that or its full of beggers (free world anywaysXD), its still a good way to have fun and make money if you know scar :), auto miner XD

i tried it once and it has a really *BLEEP* graphics.

What are you comparing it to? You can't compare a browser game for dialup to anything installed like world of warcraft.

Runescape is no good

Awfull game I could create a game like this in flash programs but posting on the net would cost, also its got limitations, other games like age of conan, linage 2, and all those other great games are to much o0f a match for runescape.

Trust me Runescape is a waste of life and I would rate is 0.2/10 for graphics and gameplay.

All who want a new and exciting game were I can do anything imagenable then play Age Of Conan best game ever.

-reply by AgeOfConanGeek

Reply for your runescape question

Tell mewhat is the name of the flash player. I don't expect that you could make any thing like that. The game is always updated and is now in the guiness book of word records. Your just one of those aragant idiots that can't apriciate what people put into things like this game

-reply by link2william@aol.Com

Runescape is pretty fun when you're playing with your friends or just have some time to waste. It's not as good as other online franchises like the World of Warcraft, for instance, but Runescape is completely free to play, which is a great part of the game. I'd say go ahead and try it out, because some people completely hate the game and other's love it. Really depends on what you look for in a game, like graphics and such. The game's pretty repetitive and the graphics are fairly bad, but it's still fun to do Player versus Player battles or just go grind some combat levels out with some friends.

Runescape owns, I'v played it for 2 years (quit for 8 months so thats acturly 1.4 years)  I recon that its one of the best online games because you can have alot of fun, meet new people and do skills, kill things train magic and all sorts, and I knw you can do that on WoW (world of warcraft) but you have to pay for it, I admittedly am a member of Runescape I'm level 107 my username is Hyeldarb, add me if you want to, I really like it and I would rate it 9/10. The HD is really good but its a bit laggy at times.

Hyeldarb.

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords: is runescape bad or good?

Anyone who hasn't played since HD shouldn't comment on the graphics, which is anyone whos quit in the last 10 months (mid July).Content is endlessly adding. The chat filter was reccently (last month) massively relaxed. Noobs are rare, avoidable, ignorable and annoyable. Free players do and will get updates. Jagex have funorb and soon mechscape, all three will be kept going.