xisto Community
john_meikle1405241509

Runescape: Good or Not ? Good or Not ?

I used to play Runescape, but have gotten so busy, what with a new wife, new child, new job, and a new busy period at work I haven't had any time to play.I used to be a paid subscriber, but when Version 2.0 came out, it was too much for my low power comp to handle.....I think the game is really great, except for the fact that it requires so many resources......-William

Well all my friends play Runescape and im wondering, is it any good wink.gif because it sounds kinda cheesy, lol but if anyone is a fan of it here, tell me whats good about it and I may consider playing it soon

Hello there john_meikle. You're right about one thing, Runescape is definetly a really cheesy game. Take my advice and don't waste your time playing. There are much better online RPG games out there such as Kingsofchaos.com or Darkthrone.com.

Also Runescape is a really hard game to get the hang of and it's such a waste of time. The graphics aren't that good and there isn't really anything to do. If you take my advice then don't play it!

Well I would recommend it for the fact that it is free, has many features and many quests, and has great graphics considering the fact that it's java, but the only problem is this: the players.It seems that all of the players are complete douches. If you're even one level below them they'll call you a noob. Of course, like every mmorpg there are many nice people as well, but some rpgs have a greater ratio of "nicies to meanies" like everquest for example (never ran into a pker or a flamer the entire time I played EQ) but since runescape is mostly free, it is haunted by dumb kids that have just figured out the fact that they can't get beat up for the smack they talk online. If you want though, give it a try, just don't expect it to be a very loving world. It's very simple and can get boring if you don't do quests, but other than that, have at it.

Romeo is in the center of varrock, not falador, and juliet is west out of the city, just so you know ;-)I play it because its pretty much the only MMORPG that my computer can handle. If you download the client (browser thing) it takes alot less system resources. My friend says that there aren't enough newbie helps. And no one helps, and if you die, like has been said, you loose everything but you're three most valuable items, technically.If you ask me, and can afford it, and have the system for it, either get guild wars (haven't played, but looks really good for costing nothing but the game and your system and internet, y'know) or play eve online or another game like it... Both I think will be more fun over all.It gets boring after a while.

a few of my friends play the game they actuly pay yearly for it i havent really tried it out yet as i been playing my fisrt person shotting games but im think ing of trying out somethink different now can someone tell me the spec for the game and what is about please thanks you

I played it a couple of months ago, i would rate it 7 out of 10. It was good, but got really boring. Although killing people in the wilderness was freaking awesome. Sending them back to the start and collecting their gears.It was good, having to work for your money and everythng, I just got bored so stopped playing it. For all I know my account has probably been hacked by now.

I started playing runescape about a month ago.. i am still a newbie.. level 35.. I don't play too much, my real life is way too busy to get me enough time to play it as much as I want.. But at least from what i have seen of the game, it's quite a nice game.. graphics aren't that good but there are a lot of quests avaible for free users.. and if you become a member you'll have even more quests to do.. I find all MMORPG's quite amazing because of the way you can interact with other users, chat, do quests together.. and runescape is not an exeption.. i don't if this is cause i am new.. but i think it deserves at least a 9/10.. it's a really cool game

I'll give it a 6. For a free MMORPG, it owns. Since it is a Java applet, you don't need to download the game to play it, which is very nice. But as I finished the free user quests, I no longer play RS. If I were to pay for an MMORPG, I'd play GuildWars, World of Warcraft or Ragnarok Online.