xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
etan

Free 3d Animator Endorphin

Well I was watching Attack of the show on g4tech tv and they showed a great program called endorphin.
Endorphin lets you animate a 3d ragdoll to do just about anything. You can slice him, dice him, and tackle him off a cliff having him twitch at the end. ;) This program is all free all you have to do is sign up for their forum. The export on it though is .avi but just edit with your favorite movie editing software and your good to go. Now I bet your sick of my bable so here is the link to Endorphin

Hey, thanks for that!The program actually looks quite good. Im not sure about it ease of use yet, but they have a forum for help and video tutorials.You need to be a member of their forum to download? What rubbish, they have a link going straight to the file on the link you gave us. But you could have warned us it was a 60MB download (27 minutes at 35Kb/s) ;) .Id advise 56k users to either download it when you go out or at night or not using the computer, as it would probably take a few hours (30 minutes with a 256k connection).Although this is the learning edition, it provides all of the features of the actuall program and all non-limited usage. So basically the same as the proper version (2.0) but thats according the the developers of the program - users may have a different opinion.

Hey, thanks for the link. This program is great and it's very easy to use. It also is quite lightweight and hasn't given me any stability issues like 3DSMAX (which kept hanging in between).

What's the main difference about the ragdolls between this program and other major 3d programs? Are the dummies premade and the physics preset?

Well, in this one, you don't have quite as many features ... and also because it's a learner's edition, you can save movies in only one format. But it's pretty good for basic rag doll animations. You've got many premade poses (standing, crouching), behaviours (staggering, arms raised), animations (running, walking stealthily with a gun). Since it's only 60MB I would say it's worth a try.

This program is one of those one tool jobs: ie it does one thing and does it well. Again, if you need more detail or more features and have a butt load of time to learn, Blender (https://www.blender.org/) is still the best free 3D package out there. It will do all the basics and many things that higher priced 3D packages such as Max, Lightwave, or Maya can do as well. And Blender is only about a 6MB download. (used to be only 1.5MB then they started to add a lot of featues since it was opensourced)Also Blender will work on about a half dozen platforms from windows, linux, OSX to more obsure OS's such as FreeBSD, Solaris, and IRIX.

Endorphin is Hard To Use!!!Free 3d Animator

it is hard to use and it is not an animation program its a stimulation program that makes animations!

-reply by Unkown Person

took me around 6 minutes 2 download this then I signed up 2 endorphin then watched some tutorials on youtube after started using this now its easy 

-reply by Some1