xisto Community
OpaQue

A Full-blown Explanation Of The Credits System Free Web Hosting Credits, know more..

If I always take part in the forum at least once a day, will my points grow more and more. The deduction of points are only if I'm not active on that particular day izzit?What time zone do Xisto server follows? Because I'm in Malaysia so I not sure about the time zone? Or is it follow my own Malaysian time?

You lose one credit a day once you have hosting no matter what.  By being active everyday, if you accumulate more than 1 credit a day (with quality posts) you will gradually build up a nice reserve.

~Viz

1064329468[/snapback]

Viz,

I understand that part. Here's where I'm confused: if my credits are say 0.5, and I wait one day before I post (letting my credits run out) mathmatically, I should have a balance of -0.5. However, I have found that the moment I let my credits run out, I get a penalty of (I think) 3 credits. None of the FAQ's on the credit system has even mentioned this. It says that you have to get your credit balance up to +4 (if I remember right) before they re-activate your account, but they don't mention taking credits from you.

The reason I noticed is because I don't have an internet connection at home. I get 1 hour a day at the library (except sundays) for *ALL* my internet needs. Sometimes I just don't have the time to post.

Hopefully someone can explain this part better ;)

-YB

This post certainly improved your situation ;) Yeah, all of it is a little bit confusing at the first moment and it takes a while until you really know all the bits and pieces of it. I guess I will be in for a similar surprise sooner or later. Having said that, I would like to add that IMHO, who ever tried to write a comprehensive tutorial or a help file will agree that this is a never ending job - similar to writing code. The moment you think you did it finally, all the aspects and possibilities have been covered, a situation pops up that you have not included in your thoughts. So you go and write version 1.0.1, and the moment you finished that and want to reward youself for your good work with a beer, ... see above. It's like a vicious circle. And as far as I can see there is no cure for it. That's how things are in this world, it's not perfect.curare

Eey everyone,Right now i´m saving credits, i´m not hosting (yet).But to keep this "forum" account active, does it costs a credit per day to?Thats my question.Mark

Eey everyone,

Right now i´m saving credits, i´m not hosting (yet).

But to keep this "forum" account active, does it costs a credit per day to?

Thats my question.

Mark

1064333416[/snapback]

Nope - your forum account will always be there, irrespective of whether you're hosted or not. And you don't need any credits to keep this alive either. :huh:

Ok, that clears things a bit up. But my credits never go down?Cause of the story about the credits, i understand that your credits stands for how long you can be "offline", or inactive in this forum. But does it costs you 1 credit every day, when you arent posting (in a situation i´m hosting)?

One more thing markbla that make sure you dont start adding up 60-70 credits...and then later request for the hosting...because once you request for hosting you whole credits go down to 2..so make sure to keep it around 40-45 and then request for hosting.

Also man, even if your site isn't finished you could still request hosting, put up what you have so far, then keep working on your site. In my opinion my site will never be finished, so if I had waited till it was I would never have requested my hosting, and never found that what I had in mind was basicly worthless for what I intended the site for. Although I dirgress...just get your hosting when your ready and have fun man...

Here is it again is someone forgot, lol :huh:

Hosting Credits can be considered to be the virtual currency that you pay for your web-hosting account here at Xisto. This hosting service requires you to post regularly in the forums - that is the only way you can earn these hosting credits. For every post you make on our forums, you are alloted a certain number of credits. These credits are then used for maintaining your hosting accountThe amount of credits that you get for a post entirely depends on the quality of your post. We have a very advanced Credits System in place, which analyzes your post using advanced analysis algorithms and allots credits based on the following factors:

The words, phrase and sentence usage. Complete english sentences phrased with a good choice of words earn you better credits.
Tutorials & posts written with intermittent image illustrations get you more credits too.
Posts that have good Topic Title to Message Body relevance. Keep in mind, that on Xisto forums, you are REQUIRED to make your Topic Titles as clear and relevant to the Message Body as possible in order to get better Search Engine Rankings.

Posts that WON'T get you any credits

A post consisting of one-liners or malformed sentences.
Posts comprising solely of images.
Posts containing slangs/abusive words. This in fact can result in a BAN.
Depending on the above-mentioned factors, the maximum amount of credits you can get at a time for a post is Fifty. An average post will earn you anywhere between 5-20 credits. One-liners won't fetch you even One whole credit.
You can get extra credits on top of what the automated Credits System allots you. If you think your article/tutorial deserves more, contact one of the administrators through Private Messaging or better yet, make a post requesting extra credits. Make sure you include the link to the post for which you're seeking extra credits. Once you've made your request, be patient - an administrator will surely go through your article and grant you extra credits - the amount being what he/she deems fit for the post. No questions will be entertained in this regard.

You can find amount of your credits just under that chat(tag) board.

The maximum extra credits granted is 20 points. That too, depends on your current credit count - if you have less than 10 points, you can achieve upto the previously mentioned figure. If your credit count is 20 points or above, maximum credits granted will be 5 points.

Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice from miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG:
Make sure you use the QUOTE tags to enclose text that you're directly copying from some other site. You lost credits worth 8 days because of this silly mistake. Any copied but unquoted text without source citations are considered plagiarism on this board - since you're new to this board, I didn't notch up your warning, but be careful in future.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

good but what if someone cannot find anything interesting to reply or to post about??? and mean like that this forums are mostly general not only about gaming, about programing or graffiti... and if someone want really to talk about gaming he will go to a forum really spesialized in gaming or the the forum of his server... and the same thing are about graffiti and programming...so from my point of view the most posts in this forum are stealthed SPAM and very generalized... almost everyone talk about what ever come to their mind, not caring about weather they really wan to post about it or not...sr