xisto Community
OpaQue

A Full-blown Explanation Of The Credits System Free Web Hosting Credits, know more..

Okay, that would explain why I never saw how to do it, thanks OpaQue.

~Viz

1064322251[/snapback]

OK, if I understand what's required - it is posting.

but it's better to post a tutorial, and a longer post(with tutorrial) - will be rewarded with better points= credits.

Q. - how long is posting regular and how - long?

the former posts here - have been a tutorial for me - and I understand them.

I will and am doing a resoning - and will try to make a tutorial - that is suited and taylored for silly me and my ability in surfing the net, and these forums.

thank you all for an easy ,understandable rules and explanations.

please - put up some more tutorials for silly me. I would like to easier use - the browsers (and be able to decide what better features to look for and how to use).

I've been injured by road accident in 1994 - all systems injured, and as I'm retired by it - I learned to use the net for learning to write and read mail and send posts. started with EI5 and then to EI6 and windows 1997-8 into XP-PRO.

now I use Mozilla FIREFOX as defalt browser and am also using the windoas Explorer 6 +_ the Netscape 8.0

I find the Firefox better to my eyes and brosing needs and knowledge.

been using the system of windows for 3 years in Internet up till now.

as I'm also head - injured, I've not read a single book sincemy injury, only place I can read - is the net...

Would like to integrate my surfing into "sailing the net" and be a better Captain of my ship. Getting to think right-positive, and doing right, is what I need - and a lot of times to exercise each tutorial. I got about 8-12 hours for this each day.

as a tutorial for you, in partial payment(no, forget it)/in exchange- let me teach you some ways to better life:

1. strive to be happy more of the time.

2. be more ocupied - more of your time - this is to avoid stress and work- pressure .

3. plan your day ahead - to do something that brings you joy/happiness. anticipation for a "good time" - will erase your worries.

4.before you turn to sleep, think of something good you did thiss day and of doing something good tomorrow. it will get you a more relaxed sleep and better awakening next morning.

5. look around you - everything is made of atoms grouping together/sharing a goal and every molecule - is based on atoms colectivity.so - try to be part of a team. a "family" as you are in and out of your home.

6. keep a smile- generator in your heart - and give the smiles - friendly and free of charge...

and remember- Murphi rules are everywhere. abide by the rules.

Great stuff this. I am quite clear about the credit system now. This is very useful indeed. I congratulate the administrators for designing such a great points system. I will start posting right away. Thank you very much

This makes alot more sense to me after reading this. Some things though seemed a little unclear for me though.

Q: If you leave some where it takes credits away from you on the account that you are being Inactive?

At first I had no idea how the credit system was supposed to work but having read this I'm pretty sure I understand how it works, and what I have to do to keep my account going.This is the first time I've seen this system in use, and I agree it's a good idea. If I have any more question's I'll be sure to ask. Until then, I guess I'll just hang around the forums as much as I can and stay active, helping out where I can.

To answer your question, Kovowolf, as long as you're not yet hosted, your credits will remain unchanged even if you remain inactive for months at a time. Once you become hosted, however, your credits act as a countdown timer, where the number of credits refer to the number days you can remain inactive and still be hosted. For every day you remain inactive while hosted, your credits will go down by one point.

Nit: Hosting credits are not the amount of days you remain "inactive", but rather the number of days you can keep your service. Days "inactive" suggests that my credits will not be debited on days I visit or post on the forums. However, it looks like the credits are always debited (on an hourly basis). You may want to find a better way to phrase this.I do not understand the "95% of forum posts" bit. Do you mean that if there are 100 posts in a forum I get 95 points for a post? Seems unlikely. Or, do you mean I get full credit for 95% of my posts and no credit for 5%?

I do not understand the "95% of forum posts" bit. Do you mean that if there are 100 posts in a forum I get 95 points for a post? Seems unlikely. Or, do you mean I get full credit for 95% of my posts and no credit for 5%?

Your post is COUNTED at 95% of the Forum Topics. There are some exceptions like "Hosting Request forum", "Support" etc. where your post count does not increase. This is because we believe that these areas do not contribute much the the Information base of the forums.

Like OpaQue says, it just means that there are forums in Xisto where your post count does not increase, which means that posting in those forums does not add to your credit. Such forums are clearly labeled with the tag (No post counts). =^^=

I was really excited to see that you were able to implement the hosting credit transfer function. This would provide our members with a really great way of thanking another member for the help that was received. I'm interested to see what kinds of contests members might dream up and offer credits as the reward for the winner.

Thank you for the in-depth explanation. I'm busy with hobbies and studies at the moment, so posting regularly will prevent my account from locking. I was afraid that I'd had to post every day in order to keep the service.