xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
irwan6179

Mp3 Player-i Dont Wan Ipod do they have something other than Ipod?

hi guys, this is my first post here and i would to discuss about mp3 player. i cant find any other thread that is suitable for me to post this topic. As computer section is the closest match, i think i better put it hereso, everybody has a ipod nowadays. but i really dont like using things that is too common to be cool like ipod. But as u guys know, ipod is standing in its own ground with its quality, design and consumer support.i wonder where is other mp3 player makers hiding with their product? ;) (Rise, rise and fight! never lose to an 'apple') do fellow forumers here use other-than-ipod mp3 player and would like to promote or comment about their player?

Get one of those new iPod Nanos....not many have those yet. When it comes to MP3 players, there really is iPod and everything else is junk. Rio is out of the MP3 business now just leaving Dell and Creative to compete against Apple. Yes, other players have more features, but the iPod's interface has yet to be beat. I am on my way this afternoon to see about picking up a new iPod phone since I already use Cingular as my wireless provider and its phone upgrade time for me. This one is about 3 years old now. There are those that "I don't want to be with the crowd because then I'm cooler", but in this case, the Ipod is the player that everyone is using for a good reason: the interface doesn't suck. Plus team it up with iTunes and it is a combo that is almost impossible to defeat even by the likes of Sony and other major players.

Bleh, iPods are overpriced and overrated. I got my Creative Zen Micro for cheaper than the iPod mini and it came with 1gb more storage, a radio, AND a built in microphone and recorder. Simply put, although the iPod is a good product...its become more of a fashion statement now than a music player.

well, it all depends on what type of user you are. Most people who are reading this would have no problem using other music players like the iriver, or the zen, the main advantage the IPOD has over the other players is that it looks awsome, is easy to use, is reliable, and has an amazing UI. (and the click weel is sooo much better than that scroll bar thing when you left the volume deafeningly high)I have an 30gig Generation 4 IPOD Photo, and an IPOD shuffle, (the photo was a gift.) If you are currently looking for a music player, I would reccommened the new $200 IPOD NANO. It is your decision though, just go to a local circuit city or something and try them all out first though. (then go buy it online, where you get free shipping and special deals, I got free engraving)If you are using it for use in a car, you might want to buy the griffin FM adapter, you get some static, but it isn't that bad.You have to admit that the new IPod Nano is awsome though.

Personally, I'm still waiting for them to become more affordable. Okay, they're not really expensive right now, but I'm in the middle of college and sort of need to spend money on books and stuff.As much as I dislike Apple in general, I'm finding that they're actually really great for digital music. I *love* iTunes, so I don't see why having an iPod (which will naturally work very well with said software) could be an inherently bad thing.As for not wanting one 'cuz everyone else is using them ... anticonformity just for anticonformity's sake is a weird form of conformity. You might find other brands cheaper, but if they're of lower quality you might want to think about going with the best that you can afford - even if it IS an Apple product.

Apple is currently making most of their money in the music market. Just look at the way it has come back into out lives once ITunes and the IPods were released. I personally think apple is a great company, you just end up having to pay a high price for high quality.On the upside, none of their products run on oil.

I have A Creative MuVo N200, it stores on 128 megs of music. Personally I think that you cant beat Apple when it comes to the looks of their iPods. Their designers have done a great job really, they have led millions to crave for the iPods and they are wiling to pay a premium for it.But if you're looking for features, go for Creative. They have a much wider choice, players of all sizes and colours and functions. The sound quality is better than iPods, I've heard. The battery life is longer too.

is Apple the first one that create an mp3 player? because if it is, that's why it's popular. I do want to get an Ipod Nano.

I heard that Sony has just release an mp3 player.... it calls Connect... I guess it release in Japan.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Waa....!!!! it loooks really nice... i wonder how much the price would be. If im in my country(malaysia) im sure i can get it cheaper than any online seller would sell. U know wut, u can get 1gb sony E-407 for USD110... it is very cheap... also, Creative product is also cheap as we are neigbouring wif Singapore, the country where the company come from....

For me I was never really a fan of ipod because of the price. Right now I have an mp3 by Napa and I can't really ask for anthing more! But then I saw ipod nano, I'm not sure whether to but it or not, it looks cool but not attractive.

If Apple's iPods don't suit you, get Creative. The only thing I don't like about them is how they actually advertise their products. The Power of Zen...? Makes it sound like some nuclear powered mp3 player. Other than that, Creative makes good mp3 players but for now, I will recommend the iPod nano even with its earjack at the bottom and the easily scratchable screen. Well, it's like...is there any mp3 that is as sexy and thin as the nano? haha. This is 1 for the iPod nano and 0 for Zen Vision. And seriously, don't even think about getting the ROKR e1. A useless phone when you can get i398 by flashing the e398 which is alot more cheaper. Besides, who would want to listen to a radioactive mp3 player? B)

i have make up my mind to buy a new nano 4gb, 239$ for student,after hours of reading reviews and asking people. And then suddenly, they came out with video ipod...omygod... now im in the cloud99 of choosing between those two... nano is so irresistable small and thin and everything but video ipod have video... and its thinner than mini too... with 20hours of battery life, that is a lot of songs to listen too... 360++ for 60gb, im really in the divergence of choices...what do you guys think... is video capability and 60gb of storage can outthrow sexy and sleeky nanos??