xisto Community
escobar5

Weirdest Thing In Internet

I think the craziest thing I have ever seen on the Internet would have to be:One day a couple of years ago my friend asked for something random to type in google. I yelled out "er i dunno, cheese invaders?" So he types it in and the results are: cheese invaders the game. Basically, it was a game where you are a spaceship and nagivate past these other ships on a scroll screen and try to collect all the cheese you can. Now that is weird.Ryan

The weirdest thing I see on the internet is how people would go around asking where is this, and where is that, when all they have to do is search for it on google or something. You also get faster results usually when you try to find things yourself, instead of asking on a board where you can find something. If it's when you can't find something, that's when you should go asking on boards for help. The internet can do a lot of things, I just wished others knew that sometimes B)

+1 When people ask me easy to find information, I just tell them to google it

From off the top of my head, I would say one of the weirdest things I have seen is also from eBay.A slice of toast in the shape of (I think jesus or something like that), it sold for at least $200US+ I believe.

I saw a fake image of a man holding his private under his legs and back over his shoulders and it was like a foot diameter.
it was odd.

wow that is REALLY weird.

my question is where did you find it? what were you searching for?
:P

I've heard of a recent case where a woman used Ebay to auction off advertising space on her forehead. I think she was desperate for cash to pay for her bills. In the end, a US gambling company bought the adveritsing space the the woman has to go around witht he name of the company on her forehead.

I think the time the guy tried to sell his (or was it someone elses?) kidney on Ebay was about the weirdest thing I have heard of on the internet. Of course, all the other things people have sold are pretty far out too, like pieces of toast burnt to look like someone, an aircraft carrier, etc. Makes me wonder what random stuff I could sell, hmmm... :P

There is quite alot of weird stuff on ebay.
I found a list somewhere of the weirdest stuff ever put on ebay.

10. Item #191367029: The Internet
If people can sell plots of land on the moon, then why can't someone sell the Internet? Someone did just that, for the bargain asking price of $1 million. Of course, it was all just a gag and it's unlikely that this Pay Pal transaction ever went through. But still, it would have been the deal of the century-the buyer was even throwing in free Internet access.

9. Item #277481422: UFO Detector

A prototype manufactured by a Brazilian company, this modified magnetometer is supposed to pick up UFO activity and was proven to work when red and orange balls of light appeared in the skies over Sao Paulo. Unfortunately, it wasn't 100% guaranteed due to the fact that "the propulsion systems of UFOs are not the same." Why would the seller want to part with such a unique item? It's okay-he had two. Final sale price: $135.03.

8. Item #248619068: The Meaning of Life

Someone finally figured it out, and they put it up for sale on eBay. Even with eight bids this incredible find didn't fetch much, but it was probably the best $3.26 the winning bidder ever spent.

7. Item #1178647016: Russian Test Space Shuttle

This one-of-a-kind item was once offered by a Russian company for $2 million, but was posted on eBay for "a fraction of that." It's not known how much they wanted for the scaled-down Bor-5 VKK spacecraft, because the reserve price was never reached. Bidding topped out at $25,200, but perhaps it was the $5,000 shipping price that scared off potential buyers.

6. Item #2961640885: Vampire Killing Kit

The stylish vampire hunter would love this late 1800s European "vampire killing kit," which included a crossbow with four silver-tipped arrows, an ebony wood stake, a large bottle of holy water and various surgical instruments, among other things. A solid mahogany wood box kept the items secure until they would be needed. Final bid: $4,550.

5. Item #289158639: Real Shrunken Head

Straight from the Jivaro Indian tribe in the jungles of Ecuador to the world's largest electronic marketplace, a total of 26 shrunken heads were put up for sale. Only 7 people bid on them, with the top bidder paying just under $25. It is assumed that he or she got first choice of the heads, which ranged in color from dark brown to gray.

4. Item #2931457201: Ghost In a Jar

As the story goes, the seller of this item found a rotted wooden box while metal detecting. Inside were two glass jars and a journal. One of the jars was accidentally dropped, causing a black mist of some sort to be released. The other jar and the journal were taken home, and the seller proceeded to be haunted by something he could only describe as "The Black Thing."

Wishing to pass the jar (and the ghost) on to someone else, he put the still unopened jar on eBay, insisting that only serious bidders would be considered. People must have loved the story, because there were well over 60 bids placed.

Unfortunately, not all of them were serious, because the selling price topped $90 million. No word as to who finally wound up with the jar, or if they too had supernatural visitors. Since this auction, there have been many, many more "ghost in a jar" items posted on eBay.

3. Item #150118191: USAF Hughes AIM-4D Falcon Missile

Yes, a real missile was auctioned off; fortunately, it was disarmed prior to the sale. The bidding reached $3,950, but the reserve price was never met.

2. Item #127658711: Serial Killer's Fingernails

In 1979, Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris cruised southern California on a killing spree that resulted in at least five victims. And now, the fingernails of Roy Norris have been sold on eBay for only $9.99.

Taped to the back of a Christmas card, they were accompanied by a penned note from Norris himself, signed and topped off with the serial killer's black thumbprint.

1. Item number not known: "Stricken Life" Painting

A rather macabre-looking self-portrait of a man known only as "Harold," this painting is believed to be haunted. The artist was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in early 2001. Knowing that he could no longer care for his Multiple Sclerosis-stricken wife, he put a double-barrel shotgun against her head while she was sleeping and squeezed the trigger.

There is quite alot of weird stuff on ebay.I found a list somewhere of the weirdest stuff ever put on ebay.

It's amazing what some people will sell. But it's even more amazing what people will buy. The weirdest thing I've seen was a picture of an extremely old man being cut in half with a butter knife.

I must agree that the Internet itself is the weirdest thing, especially how it's such a big part of our lives and how some of us are wholly dependent on it. Most of us (well, in the modern world, at least) are surfing the Internet daily, playing games, Googling stuff, checking email, doing research. We do a LOT of stuff on the Internet now. I have friends that spend the whole day watching TV shows online or chatting on MSN. Some of us are reliant on the Internet, so we can't go a day without at least going online once. I should know; I used to be like that. (If you want to know, it's really just because I've got my nose stuck in some really good books and don't have much time for the Internet.)But I guess eBay and what's being sold there's pretty weird too. I've never really surfed around on eBay, so I don't know what weird items are currently up for grabs, but I have read (news stories) about that woman selling advertising space on her forehead, and that's just...really weird.Serena

I would have to say that the weirdest thing that I've seen was chocolate rain by Tay Zonday. That guy's music just gives me the chills. If you don't know what I"m talking about (I"m pretty sure you must know what I'm talking about since you're on the internet), check out youtube.com and search for chocolate rain. It was featured there a little while back and the guy has become a big star now.

This is probably the wierdest thing I have come across. Looks like just a picture until you click it then you find that you can play games like packman (only it is very small and you never win). Well most people already know about this site but still I think it is cool. If you could put swf files in your avy I would put a small game like one of thouse ones. That would be soo cool, people could be playing a game off of your post.
My Opinion,
Sparkx

omg sparkx that is SOOOOOOO cool!the pacman is actually fairly easy, lol.if u were from like the ages ago time then you would think the whole internet is weird.i cant think of anything really weird on the internet, lol

well as far as websites go I would have to say Rotten.com is defiantly weird. A website that details murders and suicides with pictures is scary. however for images i would have to say an image of a woman who shoved a jar of peanut butter somewhere could pass of as weirdest thing. The internet has no limitations so indeed it is a very weird contraption.