xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jeigh1405241495

Official XBox 360 Pricing Revealed Pricing and bundles confirmed

Full Xbox 360 price details revealed (Xbox 360)Official pricing of the Xbox 360 revealed

Microsoft has confirmed that there will be two Xbox 360 packages at launch: one with a hard disk and accessories and one without. The full package details and prices are detailed below.

Xbox 360 Core System - $299 (299 Euros, 209 GBP)

* Xbox 360 console
    * Wired controller
    * Detachable faceplate
    * Xbox Live Silver membership
    * Standard AV cables

Xbox 360 - $399 (399 Euros, 279 GBP)

* Xbox 360 console
    * 20GB detachable hard drive
    * Wireless controller
    * Wireless Xbox Live headset
    * High-definition AV cables
    * Ethernet cable
    * Xbox 360 Media Remote Control (limited time)
    * Detachable faceplate
    * Xbox Live Silver membership

The many peripherals will retail for the following:

* Faceplate ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
    * Hard Drive (20 GB) ($99.99, 99.99 Euros, 69.99 GBP)
    * Memory Unit (64 MB) ($39.99, 34.99 Euros, 22.99 GBP)
    * Wireless Networking Adapter ($99.99, 79.99 Euros, 59.99 GBP)
    * Wireless Controller ($49.99, 44.99 Euros, 32.99 GBP)
    * Play and Charge Kit ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
    * Rechargeable Battery Pack ($11.99, 14.99 Euros, 9.99 GBP)
    * Controller ($39.99, 34.99 Euros, 24.99 GBP)
    * Headset ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
    * Universal Media Remote ($29.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)
    * Component HD AV Cable ($39.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)
    * S-Video AV Cable (US) ($29.99)
    * SCART AV Cable (Europe) (24.99 Euros, 17.99 GBP)
    * VGA HD AV Cable ($39.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)

"The sheer entertainment value of Xbox 360 cannot be overstated," said Robbie Bach, chief Xbox officer for Microsoft. "While the system has the muscle to power awe-inspiring graphics, audio and online play, it's also got the intelligence to serve as a one-of-a-kind entertainment device that plays CDs, DVDs, MP3s and digital content from an array of devices, including portable music players and digital cameras."

"With both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 Core System, we're offering consumers real choice and real value," said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of worldwide marketing and publishing for the Home Entertainment Division at Microsoft. "We're bringing true next-generation experiences into gamers' living rooms this Christmas."

Well, the rumours can now end. There will be two different packages and the hard disk will not be as standard. No word has been given on the release date, but we'll keep you updated.

By Tom Orry

https://www.videogamer.com/news/full-xbox-360-price-details-revealed

Personally I'm a little shocked... they made a huge deal about a possible 400-450 price for the PS3 and now the Xbox 360 is going to cost 400 if you want the more cost efficient choice of the two. Plus the PS3 will assumedly have a similar bundle for the price point so I was really expecting the 300 dollar Xbox to have more bang for your buck. Not that it's a huge deal but it just wasn't what I expected based on how people seemed to be talking about it in comparison to future PS3 pricing probables.

Another thing is the HD being optional, seems like it basically kills alot of the best uses for it since most developers wont want to limit their possible customers by making a game require an optional component... but maybe some will still take some risks with it. Who knows.

Either way, there's the pricing info for the Xbox 360, now all we need is an EXACT release date

Look left look right, now look in the middle and you see the remarkable Xbox 360. You look up and see the price, you shake your head and turn away......
No really, this would be a realistic situation for most people around here. First of all is the Xbox 360 really worth the money?
As written in here, the Xbox is pretty comparable with the PS3. To my opinion, i like the PS3 better because i like the idea of hookign up your PSP wirelessly to your PS3 although it is just a rumor. The PS3 can also support back editions of games so that's pretty cool because there are a bunch of games i used to love playing on the PS1.

Obviously the Nintendo totally loses out on both of them because of the company's lack of creativity. Though of course it might be priced cheaper than either, the company produces great games using their console though, the playstations are more racing and Xbox is for strategy or RPG games.

Too many factors to even consider purchasing an Xbox 360. Personally I am going to be sticking with my PS 2 mini form factor a while longer. Why? The xBox360 doesn't have the HD-DVD drive yet. THe whole HD-DVD vs Bluray thing needs to be sorted out, and lastly is up comming titles.

I'm thinking the PS3 will storm in with it's full blue-ray support and crush the HD-DVD... optional accessories just do not have the same force as something intergrated into one of the main consoles.But yea the only reason I'll "have" an xbox 360 at launch is because my roomates buying one mwhaha.

the lack of blue ray support does seem to be a bit of a problem for the xbox 360 mainly due to the fact that gta sa aparently totally filled a duel side dvd but im sure microsoft have done their homework

That seems like a lot of money, and there just arnt enough good games on the X-box to make it seem like its worth getting. At this point, Im much more interested in the PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution. Ill most likely get a nintendo as soon as it comes out and get the PS3 at least a year after its launch.

The Core System is pretty much going to be the standard. Xbox Live, though under a new console, will be a requirement for those who want to even touch the surface of the games on the Xbox, and the premium package lets you do it. Of course, you also have to add on monthly fees for Xbox Live... There's pretty much no way that I'm going to be able to afford all of this, and yet it feels like I'm missing out if I don't get it...

Well you can have xbox live regardless of which you buy, you just might want to buy a headset if you get the core package, and wouldn't be able to download much/any content to add to your games until you got the HD

Wow - I was expecting even the basic package to cost about fifty to a hundred bucks more than that. I mean ... that's still sort of expensive, but at least you're getting a decent start for the price.Maybe this time around Microsoft and video-game developers will focus on creating/licensing more games that aren't boring, idotic piles of junk. A lot of the titles for the first XBox are, well, stupid. I can only see so many inane sports titles coming out of the developers' headquarters before I get sick of the whole thing.But maybe that's just me.

$400 for an Xbox 360 was quite honestly less than I expected. I mean, with all that technology built inside, I personally wouldn't be appalled if it was $500.But you shouldn't get it right when it first comes out. Because when you get to wait a little while, the prices drop and they gradually make improvements of the console. I mean, just look at the old PlayStation2! Some games lock up on it. And in addition, not a lot of games will launch off right away and the first games are probably crappy. Waiting will do wonders.

*sigh* obviously I'm going to be stuck on the current generation of consoles. I just got an XBox about 8 months ago. I never really play many games, but I have to say both of these systems look rather nice. Hope the cost comes down within about 1/2 year. Don't they usually "just about" cut in half within a year or so?

The prices are very affordable considering this is a launch price. Remember when the first Xbox and PS2 came out how much they were. They were around the same price as this launch will cost ya, but look at how much you are getting with the Xbox 360 compared to when the older consoles came out. Also, think about how this consoles price will drop down after it's been out on the market for a while. I think it's an great price for such an awesome product.