xisto Community
DigitalDingo

Area 51 What do you think it is?

Well, some people believ this is a myth, but I believe area 51 is true and is out there somewhere. It's probaly a place where the United States Government researches top secret ptojects like aliens and things like that. I wonder how you would end up working there? You'd need to be very well known by the government, or you could just suck up and ask Mr. Bush really nicely. I would love to work there if there is such a place. :D

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "official" name of that airbase yet. "Area 51" exists only as a reference to an unknown airbase. Most people believe (or assume) that it's referring to the Groom Lake Air Base, which is what we see on the satellite image. Groom Lake is supposed to be an average base with no specific purpose. However, when there's signs warning/threatening of deadly force surrounding the place, and odd white jeeps following you around, and that damn solitary mailbox on the highway, one has to wonder.From what I gather, the Groom Lake base is supposed to house/test an advanced recon aircraft built for the air force. The name Aurora has floated about for years. Remember, when the SR-71 was being tested, people 1) had no previous knowledge of it, and 2) could easily mistake it for a UFO. I've read/heard claims that said Aurora could fly continuously at supersonic speeds but without making a sonic boom, thus making it perfectly silent. How it does this, I have no clue. Second, it's supposed to be able to make radical turns without problem. As in, turn very sharply without slowing down. It can literally take entire states for the SR-71 to turn around. Imagine if it only took a football field? It's supposed to test fly over Las Vegas down around Los Angeles, over the Pacific, and back. I've also heard it's an orangish color, which baffles me. Why would they make it orange if they wanted it secret? Hmm...Sure, all of what I've said thus far is "supposed to" and "I've read/heard..." Nothing substantial. However, last March I was in Los Angeles on a rather clear night and witnessed something I couldn't recognize or believe. While gazing up above the trees I noticed what looked like a diamond flying incredibly fast. Imagine a kite with four tips, and at each tip was a dull glowing light. The diamond itself glowed a faint orange color, and I sware it couldn't have been flying more than 5000ft above the ground. It passed directly over me at an incredible rate of speed, then basically flew off until I couldn't see it anymore. Besides the eerie visual, the one thing that creeped me out was the complete lack of sound. At 5000ft, I should have been able to hear it very clearly. I heard absolutely nothing. As the craft flew over me, I did notice two fainter lights somewhat following it, but behind and off to the side. Follower aircraft? I don't know, but it's something I won't soon forget. Unfortunately, I was only able to get one other person to verify this. He saw the exact same thing I did, and we discussed it in great length that night. If only I had a camera...It's hard to say that Area 51 is an alien warehouse, or that we're using alien technology in our future developments. What's rather easy to say though, is that technology advances by leaps and bounds, not steadily and slow. We've seen modern flight advance from single engine prop to jet. One can only imagine what's going to come next.

Well, I do not think anyone mentioned it, because we have not heard of it, thanks for sharing! That is th very first time in my life, that I actually heard that.Groom lake? Where exactly is that located? And about those signs, you always see signs like "Private Area" or so on in movies, etc. But are they real, do they actually have signs around waring people not to enter? I also wonder what they would do if you disobeyed such a sign? Shoot you, I think that is unlikely, they would probaly put you in jail for breaking some law by not obeying the sigms.

I agree with the first comment made about it being a testing ground for new aircraft. I have read up a lot on the area 51, ufo's secret testing on humans too. To be honest i think it is all just hyped up rumours that have got out of hand ( alot of people have very good imaginations!!) The whole ufo situation surrounding area 51 with people seeing spaceships etc around there are purely the new aircraft being tested. When they tested the sr-71 people saying they see fast moving streaks of light , this was just the diamond shape fire made from the afterburners and especially when the plane is travelling at mach 3.5 its gonna look like its moving at a ridiculously fast speed.

That is true, maybe people haven't really seen UFo's at all, personally myself, I believe we are the only populated solar system in the entire Universe. I do not think people have seen UFO's or space crafts or any such thing, They have just seen tests, and secret prjects going on by the United Stated Government. The lights, or round things, or whatever they said they saw, wwere probaly the United Stated Governemt testing a new plane design, etc. That is why they never saw such a thing.

I believe there is extraterrestial intelligence. But I don't think there is anything related to extraterrestials in Area51. The US doesn't disclose what type of operations they don there. It's one of their Top Secret bases. I think they test latest combat aircraft there. It's due to the secrecy that weird stories about Area51 are made. :D

Well, that is true, if there werne't weird places like Area 51 that are top secret, then people, bored out of there mind will make up these stories about aliens being experimented on at Area 51, I don't believ there are aliens, thats why I think Area 51 is just a secret military base that is used for testing, building new planes, bombs, etc.

YES!! I LOVE POSTS ABOUT ALIENS AND STUFF LIKE THIS ;) Ok...so...I'm not sure what to think about Area 51, its hard to say what goes on there, I was watching a documentary and there was a person who used to work there talking, and supposedly it goes 51 stories undergroudn, thats why they call it area 51, and PERSONALLY i think its dual purposed, I beleive its used to test new equipment for the government, AND I beleive its used for alien research, because I beleive there are aliens, and the government knows something and isn't telling us, but thats just one mans opinion

First of all, the X-1 may not have been the first plane to exceed the speed of sound; it's believed that a two weeks earlier, an F-86 Sabre prototype broke it in a shallow dive.

Anyway, Area 51: Yes, it's a site at Nellis AFB in Nevada. As for what there, probably ultra-secret stuff...such as the Aurora, if it exists. That's probably where the F-117 and B-2 were based too. But with all the security, it kinda makes you wonder...

Well, it is a known fact that it does exist, whether the government says it or not. Basically, in my opinion, they test a wide range of aircraft, nothing close to flying saucers though. The Stealth Bomber (The one that looks like a flying wing) was said to have been tested there. There have even been reports of the Aura fighter being seen in the skies over area-51, an extremely fast bomber.

I came to know about Area 51 when I watched the documentary about Apollo mission. That said Apollo mission was fake and all the images and stunts were actually done in Area 51... The Consipiracy Theory about Apollo was well documented...Well I know Area 51 is protected by US millitary and I do suppose that is a forbidden area....that is all

thedevil: If you look at the facts, the Apollo missions would have to be on the moon. All the evidence with the photo quality and stuff like that...

destinyblue21: First off, there's a button that says "Caps Lock" and should be on your keyboard. Second, why the heck would we be helping Osama? ;)

i agree with u. nasa may is the responsible. about michel jackson i think it is one of them lol, maybe someday he will tell us the truth!!No no,,,, my opinion is that there are no alliens. hope u dissagree with me, cz believing in smthg u can c is good. it makes ur imagination better and gives a reson to excist.Anw aliens stories r nice and i like them. if have in mind anthg tell me, i mean a book or anything like this. waiting 4 reply