xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marcin

What Is The Best Program For Animated Gifs?

HelloI have a problem:I want to create some animated gifs, but I don't know wich program is good. because some programs accept only 256 colors. I would like to create animated gifs 8bit color.Is there any compresion for those kind of images? Sometimes 50kb image for the net is to large...

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I use Image Ready to make the actual gifs, but use Photoshop to make the layers (which in turn can be used to be frames).If you want to create 8bit color gifs, then you just have to select 8bit as color option :D which should work in most animator programs.I once tried Ulead Gif Animator, but I can't for the life of me recall if it had that option. Fireworks is pretty good too, actually to create webgraphics, it's probably excellent :P and yes, it does crete gifs as well.

well me too did like moon witch ... I had never animated before.! So got a copy of Adobe photoshop cs2 with image ready.!and first to create an image with layers .! then in image ready u will have to set the order of animation u want .! And trust me its the easiest animator ..! i had ulead gif animator but its tough to configure.! But photoshop-image ready are the best i have ever seen!

ive done a few anim gifs in Macromedia Fireworks. ity pretty easy to use and all. or i think you can also just do a flash movie and export is as a gif. by the way for me fireworks is a lot more easy to use that photoshop. its just that photoshop can do a lot more stuff that fireworks but it requires that you do a bit of learning to nagivgate the programs and use all its funcitons and all.

Yeah concrete is right Flash should be used for anything like that. I use flash and make the stick fight animations (its really hard because you have to animate it frame by frame with the stick fighting things but...) for transforming gifs and stuff like that it is really easy.

If you have photoshop, you can use imageready, but it's a little tricky when you have no actual knownledge of it. but i'm sure you can find online tutorial and you know, you'll eventually get around it.

or-

you can download a trial version of animation shop, a little program that comes with jasc paint shop pro.

you can find it here: jasc.com

it's really simple to use, and you actually can do quite a lot of things.

id have to agree with most everyone when i say that imageready is the best program for animated gifs. if you have photoshop, you have imageready, and you can easily jump into imageready from photoshop without having to search for it in your apps. i've never used fireworks, but im sure its good, considering it's a macromedia program, and i have heard great things about it... but im a creature of habit so, i usually stick to photoshop and imageready. imageready is also a great program to begin design for websites.....

I am not that much into animation. but whenever i need a small piece of movement using images i try flash and imageready...Flash is good for creating gif images that is of high quality

I would recommend flash at first. It's very nicer looking with flash in my opinion. But if you don't know how to use the flash, then head on over to adobe image ready. That's very basic and all you need to do is put the pictures together whatever you want, and make it a gif instantly!! It's that simple! Now if it was simple to get a good price on Adobe...

You will get the same two answers wherever you ask this question. It will always be Imageready or Flash. I prefer to use imageready myself just for the fact that it has photoshop at the click of a button. But I really like the look of flash, nice layout easy on the eye. So at the end of the day its purely both down to preference, both will do what you wanted doing.

There is a program called animation shop pro but its not that mentioned although dont think its not good . It rocks !! ive used it over and over again and i dont every get tierd of making animation gifs . There are some bad points ! Its very basic in style but its really good if you wanna create text on the animation . It has a tool to shine the text frame by frame to make a highlight feature . It also has its own painting program which i think is even better than photoshop cs . You can make really cool imgs with it . There is also fireworks which is not that good and you have to prepare the frames and then compress them in to a gif . well there are sites for them too so here they are : https://creative.adobe.com/products/fireworks/

You can download fireworks here . Also if you are making sites with dreamweaver fireworks is the default editor so its good to have it ! http://www.corel.com/en/ thats the link for animation shop pro . The latest version is 3 and you can try or buy it there . Stay Cool Kai

Hi!!Very nice program, indeed... tried it an it has many advantages!!Another utility for making animated GIFs is ULEAD GifAnimator...Very smart to handle and good results!!You can download a Trial at Ulead-Homepage, just goooogle for it and you'll find :) _____________________JulianSorry for my bad english, but I'm from Germany :)