xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What Drives Your Life? what makes you who you are?

I have a question, or poll if you like. What drives your life? What is making you who you are right now? Be honest!EDIT: The driving force of your life could be consumerism, addiction, approval of others, etc. What's yours?

Hmmm. Well I'm up :DI guess helping others solving their computer problems. I remember having so many questions on computers when I first got one (not too long ago - around 1997). Not too much help or don't know where to find better help. So I learned on my own and gradually gained more knowledge in the area. I don't want others to go through what I did, looking for answers but going nowhere.So there. Helping others with their computer problems pumps me up LOL. Keeps the adrenaline alive :P

What drives me in my life?Well this may be stupid or dumb...I live, because I have to. Because of the hurt I would cause to those that do care about me. THat is why I am still alive. If those people wouldn't be there, then I'd make it easy on myself and 'take off'. I just hope to make the difference in ONE person's life. And to show my dad that I am the winner, that I survived. Ok, this is more of rambling actually. Hey can I help it that it's my birthday and actually no one knows or remembers?Happy 22th birthday me.

Me too, if there wouldn't be anyone caring about me, and I didn't have any other reason to life, I think it would be quiet easy. I would close my eyes and go. Sometimes I realy don't understand why I life, why anybody life. I mean, what's the sense of life? Getting rich? Getting happy? That's I think why people believe in God or something like that. Because they can't accept the fact they were born out of nothing, just to be nothing. And that's also the reason for many people to get a goal in their lifes, just to be something instead of nothing. Personaly my parents are my driving power, but sometimes also we got some hard times together. Then I think about all the other people who care about me. If there wouldn't be anyone else except my parents, I think it would be very hard for me on that times.-=Jeroen=-

Like most have said, the people that care about me. But it's not just that. I think that there are mulitple things that drive me. Mostly my friends & family, and music.the people i care about and that care about me are so important to me. theyre influential and change your life forever. Be it good or bad, they've made a difference in your life some how or some way. As far as music goes, it's inspired me and helped me through many hard times. Just to know that there are others that have gone through the same problems and have experienced exactly how you're feeling... that's just me though....

What drives me? Just about everything. Movies, books, games, programming, teaching, the internet, physics, ... the list is endless. If it wasn't one thing it would be another. To be bored or unhappy shows a great lack of imagination (or illness, of course). When Marx declared that value comes from work, what a load of crap. It all comes from imagination which is the creative essence of living things.What sucks all the joy and interest out of life are unimaginative people, and the worst are those who decide that the best they can come up with is killing other people. And there are those who sacrifice the well being of others for dumb things like money and power, which is still a pretty pathetic use of imagination.People with which to share the things we and they create is what makes it all dynamic and alive - growing without limit. Without others our imagination which might seem a personal thing becomes a pretty dry place. But even alone and cut off from modern society I think that my own imagination would suffice to drive me and make life enjoyable and worthwhile.

Curiosity is a strong drving force in my life. I am never really quite sure about anything and enjoy the feeling of discovery. I like to experiment. I will listen to the most atonal and obscure music sometimes, just because it is something that is unlike anything I have heard before. My philosophy is that everyone has something to offer. I can learn something from everybody (young or old). I would rather make friends than make enemies and keep an open mind with what they have to say. Much can be learned even from children.

Driving force? I guess for me now, it's about finding answers to what is what I want out of life, versus what my parents wanted for me in life. I mean, I grew up in this really conservative Christian household, and was told that this was the truth and the right way to live and all that, which I might have been able to accept if it had been phrased more like "here's what we'd like you to belive, and here's why, but here's these other options that people have chosen." See what I mean? I'm not trying to say that I'm trying to do a complete 180 from the way I grew up, but after I left college and started broadening my horizons, a lot of what I decided to do with my life was opposing to the way my parents might have done, but isn't that what growing up is all about? Finding out what part of your parents fits you, and what doesn't. So, again, I think my driving force is to find out what is MY opinion, not something my parents told me to do.

What drives me? hmmm... that's a good question. Frankly, I don't think anything drives me. Right now I have nothing to look forward to. Exams, assignments, projects... dam, it's all too much work. I just relax here in front of the computer whenever I'm stressed out (and whenever I'm not as well). I'm trying to improve myself in everyway I can, but procrastination is one thing I don't think I'll ever get over. If the question is 'What drives you to continue living ?'.... I would say that it would be my hope of some day being able to purchase things that I've always wanted since I was a child, being able to do things that I wanted to do, being able to go places that I wanted to. But that doesn't really make me push myself to my limits. What I need is a real motivator to overcome my laziness and push myself to do my best in everything I attempt. The driving force has always been there.... but it's the kind of driving force that just quietly sits in the background and doesn't make a sound except when you're trying to sleep. I guess I've rambled enough. For some reason, I always blab too much when it comes to philosophy.