Here I am using a old PC but not too old

The Config is 

AMD amd Athlon Dual Core 2

* Processor speed 2.5 Ghz 3800+

* RAM DDR 1GB

* Nvidia 8500GT 512MB 

* 500GB Segate Sata

* 19" View Sonic LCD Monitor

The above is my config I play a Test Drive Unlimited and Crysis@Meduim setting the games running smoothly no problem

But  the Intel

* Processor Core 2 duo 4800+

* Ram  DDR 2 4GB

* Nvidia 8500GT 512 MB

* 1.5 TB HDD

* 20" View Sonic LCD Monitor

The above Intel config I play a crysis and test drive unlimited but I get aPoor performance and the games not running smoothly...

Always the AMD is rock when compare to Intel AMD is un beatable

-reply by Selvanathan

Intel=AmdWhich CPU Is Better? AMD Or Intel

AMD cpus are very hot after using for 1/2 hour. However, Intel cpus remain cool even if you use for 5 hours non-stop. So, you need get a good cooling fan for desktop and cooling pad (with fan) for notebook. Of course, AMD is cheaper than Intel because of lacking certain features.

In terms of speed, both are almost equal depending on the OS and programs.I used Athlon 1.67gz for desktop and AMD  Mobile 3000 (1.8 ghz) before this. Now, I used Intel T4300 Dual Core (2.1ghz). The speed is almost the same when encoding videos, converting audios/videos, open several internet pages at the same time. T4300 is slightly faster because it has 2 cores. But, don't forget RAM. You need at least 2GB regardless of the cpu that you use.Finally, you need to maintain your pc from time  to time, I use ccleaner.

Real timeWhich CPU Is Better? AMD Or Intel

All I can say is use an intel based computer system and an AMD ,  don't go on these numbers and units if u don't knw what they mean , but in the market u cannot put all good stuffs everyone here for something , simple rule ('',)

-reply by nazish

I am a software engineer - that means I develop systems and code them for a living from machine code eprom stuff up to high level languages like c++ so I have to know the architecture of the machine and how data flows through the various layers from the cpu, ram to kernel layer down. I also been building pc back when they were msdos screen to the more easy plug & play windows systems like vista and windows 7.

I have owned both AMD and Intel CPUs and I can tell you straight up that you really do get what you pay for. Intel is far a better chip than AMD in many ways. It will take all day to explain the mechanics of both chips. They have both improved over the years but Intel is still a far better chip than AMD especially when you use it with the best graphics to date the Geforce 9800 GTX GPU series for those of you who are gamers. 

Intel runs faster, cooler, crashes/hang less and more efficient at multitasking and memory intensive software be it graphics, photo or game applications.

During the winter months I recommend using an Intell cpu. I man it makes no sense duplicating energy costs to heat your house when all you have to do is fire up your computer.

-reply by Southern Boy