xisto Community
prosorcerer

A Note To All Illegal Windows Xp Owners

I used WinXP Pro. now i hate it. it had many errors(the blue screens with stop error) so i tried updating but it got worse as i updated it. then i switched back to my previous os WinME. And now i Dual boot XP and ME and I hardly care of XP anymore :D

So, I would say that problem is rather simple. It's exactly the same problem for people who like driving nice cars.If you like the look and fell of Microsoft Windows, you have to buy a legal copy of the software, else you are stealing money from the guy who wrote the software.If you don't want to pay for that software and you only want to surf on the web or write down wordrocessing texts, free Linux versions are available and start being rather easy to use.Nevertheless, the info is interesting : you say that Microsoft has means to prevent people having an illegal copy from having the last software updates. This is a good reason for avoiding using illegal copies of WinXP.And this should increase the number of satisfied Linux users ! :D

Hi,

all illegal Windows XP users WILL NOT be able to download any updates or software from Microsoft website.

Automatic Updates will no longer work, because Microsoft will have to ask for your Software identification.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed the validation process when my computer did updating a few days ago. It's not such a bad idea, really ... especially if there's *any* chance that it will help keep prices down, even if it's only by a few bucks.

I thought they already did this since many years ago.I used to use a cracked version I got in China and that would never let me download any updates but I recently 'borrowed' a copy from work and that lets me download updates without problems.

Fake windows? Pirated windows is just a version of windows that has been copied of a genuine copy of windows and distributed via P2P, download etc.Any, Microsoft's software always seems to be a hackers delight. All of the programs that Microsoft says should hold hackers back attract hackers to have a go and keep trying. The hackers alway get through. Microsoft needs to spend more time and put it through hack tests or something. My old version Windows 2000 prob had to download atleast about 500 updates or something lol.I agree that there will always be ways for a hacker to get in, but if Microsoft took security more of a priority and take more time with that.It is pritty obvious that the activation bit didnt quite have much success, neither did the copy protect on the CD/'s.Im glad im not working at microsoft as a CEO, programmer or anything like that. The high prices of Microsoft software and lack of anything that is really worth that money is basically the cause of most of this piracy. Many people cannot afford it so they download it or buy it really cheap from some unknown retailer.Software piraters are just low-lifes that want the people to stop making programs and just want everyone elses things to not be as easy to run/maintain. Imagine if they had made a program and then for everyone (well most people) to get it illegally and you not get any money from it.

The high prices of Microsoft software and lack of anything that is really worth that money is basically the cause of most of this piracy. Many people cannot afford it so they download it or buy it really cheap from some unknown retailer.

Software piraters are just low-lifes that want the people to stop making programs and just want everyone elses things to not be as easy to run/maintain. Imagine if they had made a program and then for everyone (well most people) to get it illegally and you not get any money from it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i disagree with that statement. we're not supposed to be promoting warez here at Xisto, but all the same i don't think you can classify hackers as lowlifes that want to stop everyone else. why not classify linux programmers and users as the same... since they also want everything to be open source. lots of people can't afford to pay the high prices demanded by microsoft and other companies. let's just take windows for now. if it cost under $50, i think there would be much less people using pirated versions. there always will be some, but but jacking up prices so high they almost force people to get it from somewhere else

i disagree with that statement. we're not supposed to be promoting warez here at Xisto, but all the same i don't think you can classify hackers as lowlifes that want to stop everyone else. why not classify linux programmers and users as the same... since they also want everything to be open source. lots of people can't afford to pay the high prices demanded by microsoft and other companies. let's just take windows for now. if it cost under $50, i think there would be much less people using pirated versions. there always will be some, but but jacking up prices so high they almost force people to get it from somewhere else

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the thing with linux programmers is that they (the legal owners of the program actually allow it and want it to be open source. Open source programs are able to be changed and redistributed freely. Its not supposed to be that rude, but why dedicate most of your life to hacking and changing programs protected by law and make the life of others harder than it should be.

Just because they cant afford it, doesnt mean they have to basically steal it. Look, i can easily cope without the things i cant afford. I only have XP now because i had to by a new computer due to my last one running Win 2000 not being able to run anything that i tried to run on it.

Pirating software is just like sharing and downloading music freely via P2P software. It is illegal and unwanted. It is corrupting the society of today. Music artists arent getting as much money, software producers arent making as much money as they would if P2P, BitTorrent etc. didnt exist.

im just asking

Replying to Casanova what did you do to make your windows activated without internet connections or so pls help me, because I hired a technician and he did manage to do that then my pc crashes again I want to do it on my own questioning me why? cause it cause expensive hiring one

-reply by adrian

im just asking

Replying to Casanova what did you do to make your windows activated without internet connections or so pls help me, because I hired a technician and he did manage to do that then my pc crashes again I want to do it on my own questioning me why? cause it cause expensive hiring one

-reply by adrian

You can activate Windows XP manually without an internet connection by calling the Microsoft Support on the phone number supplied during activation, and will guide you through the process of manually activating Windows XP. There are only really two ways to activate Windows XP, i.e. through the internet or by phone manually.

It's a good thing I have a Bought Version of Windows XP. I don't see why Microsoft is so stingy about this though, only a very small percent of Windows XP Machines are using Hacked Software. If I was Bill Gates, or another Worker of Microsoft I would just be happy that anyone bought a copy of Windows, its overpriced and under performing.

It's a good thing I have a Bought Version of Windows XP. I don't see why Microsoft is so stingy about this though, only a very small percent of Windows XP Machines are using Hacked Software. If I was Bill Gates, or another Worker of Microsoft I would just be happy that anyone bought a copy of Windows, its overpriced and under performing.

They are glad, something about if someone got an illegit copy of something massive, m$ think they will buy the smaller(!) stuff like Office.