xisto Community
soleimanian

Turn On Your Computer Automatically

Sometimes automatically turning ON computer with autologon enabled could be bad for you. Especially if you've some stuff you don't want parents or siblings to check on your computer. :P

So i prefer disabling autologon feature before scheduling computer to turn on at particular time. Saves lot of trouble later. :D

power on automaticTurn On Your Computer Automatically

When power comes back, the computer doesn't boots up automatically...Please tell me is there any way to switch on the computer when power comes back.Thanks...Gilberto

-reply by gilberto middlehof

Some BIOS also allows you to set the computer state on power restore. After a power outage, or perhaps turning off the power bar or household circuit breaker, the computer can either stay off, turn on, or remain in the same state (on/off) as it was when the power was disconnected.

PC auto onTurn On Your Computer Automatically

guys why does my pc did not turn on after 8 hrs? can any one help me pls. I already follow your instruction. Ive try it for about 15 mins it did turn on, but when I'm setting it to 8 hours its not working. Can any one help me.

-question by Mike

really didn't know this...i wanted to read this post just out of curiosity for new stuff and things pc can do automatically...i think i will start using this to start defragmentation on my hard discs when i'm asleep so when i wake up it is done....good thinking and sharing this....thanks...Eggie

This is amazing. I can set my computer to turn on right when I get home from school. I also have a program on Windows Start-up that auto turns off my computer after a set time (my curfew ;) ). I like this because I can set it before I return home from school so I do not have to wait for the operating system to boot up. Thanks for sharing

Talk about scraping every last scrap from the jar lol does your computer really take that long to boot up?

Also you should probably consider using linux instead of windows if that's the case, windows operating systems aren't designed to be run indefinately as they can potentially become unstable even after a day or two, whereas linux has the potential to be left running for an undefined period and is highly unlikely it will become unstable (unless of course you are messing with the kernel headers!). Give Ubuntu a try and I can guarantee you'll notice an improved performance. Why do you think the vast majority of web hosts use *nix servers instead of windows servers?

This is amazing. I can set my computer to turn on right when I get home from school. I also have a program on Windows Start-up that auto turns off my computer after a set time (my curfew ;)). I like this because I can set it before I return home from school so I do not have to wait for the operating system to boot up. Thanks for sharing

Talk about scraping every last scrap from the jar lol does your computer really take that long to boot up?
Also you should probably consider using linux instead of windows if that's the case, windows operating systems aren't designed to be run indefinately as they can potentially become unstable even after a day or two, whereas linux has the potential to be left running for an undefined period and is highly unlikely it will become unstable (unless of course you are messing with the kernel headers!). Give Ubuntu a try and I can guarantee you'll notice an improved performance. Why do you think the vast majority of web hosts use *nix servers instead of windows servers?

Hah!  That is why most web hosts use Linux servers (or recommend them at least).  That is really interesting.  I am thinking about having my computer dualboot Windows and Linux.  Also, I did some extra research and found out that Ubuntu is free.  How similar is Linux to Windows? The GUI looks sort of similar.  I have never used it before so... yeah.  ;)

try *nix OS,i gave it a try,i gave it up after a bit,cause it takes too much time to get to know new OS and learn how to use it! lots of people told me that i should try it and use it,but now i use only Windows XP ;)thanks...Eggie

My BIOS isn't showing this option.Its a compaq bios and theres nothing in it that really resembles anything this was talkign about. Any help?

-reply by jamie

Really thanks man! I needed this very much I searched on the net for a software to turn on my computer automatically.There was a lot of **** on the network but now I don't need any program. My internet unlimited time was from 2.00 am to 8.00am.So I coudn't wake up, now I can just set the time and pause the torrent  before tuning off the computer.The next time it starts at 2.00am the torrent would automatically resume and start downloading, as it always happens.Once again THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

-reply by suresh=

not every BIOS shows it :/

that's what I hate :o I was able to do this with my other laptop

but now it's not in my BIOS so I'd like to know why not and did some reviews on the internet and they just sey that it's nt on every BIOS :/ kinda lame :o

Cedrique

Should I do that everyday?Turn On Your Computer AutomaticallyReplying to soleimanian Yes, this is possible in BIOS with a little hassle: You have to do it everyday, because you must set ONE day on the month for the alarm to work. I want to do it permanently to start it everyday at 8 am, and I can't if I don't enter to BIOS EVERYDAY and set the date for the next day. This is not funny!-reply by Monica K. Lopez

Turn on your computer for a convenient time automaticallyGo to your Computer Setup (press Del when your PC is loading).
Go to "Power Management Setup" and enable " PWron/Resume by alarm" and set date alarm and time alarm and then press F10 to save your change and turn off your pc.
On specified date and time, your pc will turn on

Not working with my Compaq 610 notebook. I tried to press DEL at the time of starting but its only start windows. after i tried to enter BIOS menu by pressing F9 and I don't found any menu about "Power Management Setup". Have anyone tried this in laptop/Netbook?

I guess that this would not be a great idea. A desktop computer is permanently connected to the electrical power outlet, so you can wake it up at any moment without problem.A laptop is often using batteries, so it should not wake up if you don't want to use it! :unsure: