xisto Community
wua05

Space Exploration (nasa= Good/bad)

Yeah thank for the conversation I can use it to write my essay.-reply by hinkle dinkle snikle snorf esquire the third

Humans are generally curious. When someone tells us not to look at something, we can't help ourselves but to look. Therefore I think human curiosity is kind of driving the Nasa program to its limits. Is this generally a bad thing? I'd say not.Alot of jobs are dependant on Nasa, and that a lone is a good reason to keep the program running. If in this solar system, in this planet earth, humans can live, there has to be atleast one other planet in this universe, in one of the galaxies, in one of the solar systems, in one of the planets where its just like Earth. Meaning out of the billions of planets earth can't be the only one that livable.Is looking for this such a bad thing. Could it lead to one of those sci fi movie galaxy battles to take over the earth..lol i would say not. And i don't think we are going to find anything interesting anytime soon. As of now, it just stands as a place for people to work lol..Just imo..But hey, i know very little about everything :)

I do agree Nasa and Space Exploration are important. People are very curious as you guys have said, and its nice to know the poepl involved with NASA are helping to find more and more about what goes on outside of our planet, Earth. However, I wish NASA was a bit more precautious, it seems there have been small to large errors with most of there recent flights. Its weird, they could fly a Space Shuttle with full success to the moon in the 60's and now there are troubles with every small experiment or flight they try to pull off.

Well what I think is that, with everything that has gone wrong and the people who have be hurt. I thin they should just spend time reaserching and perfecting what they already know how to do. Another thing to is that it would take less money instead of having them explore. Because we basically know what they know, all we have do is go to their webstie and get the photos and what they are.Oh yeah this website helped a lot on my finals!-reply by Kimberley

Space Exploration is a WasteSpace Exploration (nasa= Good/bad)NASA spends billions upon billions of dollars to prove that men will never live on another planet. Yet there are starving homeless people living on the streets of our home planet. NASA should be banned from any further space programs and the money should be directed at what can be done to save planet earth.

Why travel to space?Space Exploration (nasa= Good/bad)

Personally, I think we should spend the money we use on space exploration for things that are more important at this time.  Like finding cures to cancer, or even finding alternate energy sources.  If you haven't noticed, we're doing a crappy job of taking care of ourselves and our planet.  I'm just saying we should take of what we have before we go looking for more!

-reply by Brooklyn

I agree completely with you wua05. NASA is really a great foundation that has provided benefits and will continue to help mankind. I believe that useless entertainment such as American Idol and Pimp my Ride should be removed, but not NASA. For the population that support the removal of NASA, perhaps you should change your target to useless entertainment activities that do very little in supporting mankind in general. NASA is doing a good thing by trying to secure the future of mankind, and I believe others should look at them as a role model. Sure, other problems such as cancer, global warming, and oil consumption are the biggest threat as of now, but its not NASA that people should be pointing the finger at. I believe we need to open up a good book and start studying rather than watching tv. That is much better in my opinion than arguing to take out NASA.

Space exploration offers so much possibilities, some of which might actually save mankind in the very end. Remember, the sun wont live forever, and once that goes out, we go out. Sure, it will take billions of years to come, maybe even sooner, and it will take a while for us to reach that stage, but its a step in the right direction. 

-reply by zeus

Space Exploration could actually save mankind's lives. It is risky to let the outside world unknown. We never know whether aliens exists in other planets which would be a potential threat to us. Or even sudden comet or explosion to grab lives of the innocent. Furthermore, it is a great pity to let the beauty of God's creation left unwondered. One day, our sun will be gone, our earth sure will be gone too. Space exploration could be the only answer to our survival of our generation. Mean to say NASA is doing the best for our generation.Despite of the cost used, it is certainly benificial to mankind. For Science and Technology, we support NASA.

Space Exploration (nasa= Good/bad)Space Exploration (nasa= Good/bad)

The reason why we explore is to discover. When we explore space, we will come across  new findings that we will find beneficial for our planet Earth. In the longrun, homeless and poor people are not gonna save Earth, but our findings on other planets such as resources, water and life, that will help us survive.

-reply by Bmastertak

Space Exploration is CRAPSpace Exploration (nasa= Good/bad)

The money that is spent on space exploration can rather be spent to reduce poverty in the underdeveloped countries. The national wealth can rather be channelized towards the betterment of the downtrodden lot of the society. Space exploration involves both astronomy and space technology. It requires a huge amount of money to be spent on the journey to space. Some believe that the money can be diverted towards the poor. When many cannot even meet their basic needs of life, is it right to spend on space exploration?Manned missions to space impose a huge amount of risk on the astronauts who travel to space. Apart from the expenditure of money, a travel to space also risks the human life. The human beings who travel in space have to face harsh conditions and challenge themselves to adapt to unfriendly environment. Unmanned missions and those using robots to explore space are a solution to risking the human life. But robots mean another new technology, thus incurring added costs.What seems to take us by surprise may land us in trouble. We may find something in space that is lethal to life on Earth. We may discover something that is extremely harmful for the living beings on Earth. Space exploration may invite some dangerous microorganisms that may exist in space. The extraterrestrial beings may actually prove dangerous for human life.Space exploration can mean a major leap for mankind but it is also criticized as not having achieved any major scientific breakthroughs. Public interest can serve as the determinant factor in judging the suitability of space exploration. It may not be wise to splurge on space exploration if other basic needs are being ignored or left unfulfilled.-reply by Briana

i think that space exploration is good because you never know there might be life out there and dont say the telescopes have proved overwise because somewhere 70 billion lightyears away means that the image that is seen in the telescope is 70 billion years old because it took 70 billion years for it to reach earth. also almost lightspeed space travel is possible because you could use a system which sends out particles and as you speed up the mass of these increase so you speed up more until you are at almost or even on the speed of light and once you have reached the speed of light these particles would propel you maybe faster than the pseed of light because the mass of the would be infinite. I don't see why people would want to throw away space exploration so fast we need to find anwsers to alot of questions and there might be something out there to help improve the condition of our planet. the thing is people complain all of the time about how much damage space travel is doing to our planet. is it really i dont think so sure they burn fuel but if i m not right isnt it liquid hydorgen and oxygen they burn so there is no co2 what you get is water so that water comes out as water vapour goes into the atmosphere and comes back down as rain somewhere helped to grow crops. so space travel helps people grow plants so it is good for the planet. get out of that one enviros. no you cant.

the only thing is like someone else said the amount of money that is used for space exploration would not make a difference if it was dividied among the poor. infact a reasonable chunk of it would go into the pockets of a 3rd world countries governments officials and their people would never know that they had been given that money. it has happened many times before thats why alot of ledc's are in great poverty the government is given money to share amoung the people they go wait a minuit why don't we put it into our pockets. then this money which was given as a loan is asked to be repaid so the governments who have spent it on building a second home then use taxes to get it paid of thus increasing the poverty so even if the money for space exploration did get used in this way it would not make any difference.Also by going into space we can discover important facts about the universe and maybe help find a solution for global warming afterall even if this money was used to help the poor global warming would still be causing disasters all over the world. Another thing that is believed about global warming is that is actually caused by shifts in the earths orbit around the sun which happen at predictable dates. also mass cooling on the planet is caused by the ice caps pouring fresh water into the ocean cutting off the gulf stream cooling most of europe to ice age tempertures and the icecaps melting is caused by the warming caused by shifts in the earths orbit. and also like i said before you can not say that the space craft going into space aid global warming because it does not produce co2 but h2o from the fuel that space craft use which is usually liquid hydrogen and oxygen being ignted. causing chemical reaction creating water vapour which quickly cools and falls back down on some random field improving crop quality.

I think that space exploration is a very good thing. I believe that one day, we will get somewhere with it. Maybe the way we view the universe will turn into Star Trek. ;)Years ago, we couldn't get to the moon. Look at where we are now. In a few hundred years (if we are still around), we might be out of this galaxy and into another one. Who knows?What if we find another planet that is similar to Earth? The Earth is dying right now and it would be great if it was possible to transfer some humans to the other planet.

i dont see why they cant build a space station on the darkside of the moon and start building rockets there and lauching them and creating a refueling station for rockets coming from earth. this would be a very good system this way they could launch missions to other planets like mars (manned mission) much faster and use the same amount of fuel as they would normally use for getting out of the atmosphere. and they could send a 2nd unmanned module full of fuel for the return journey which lands near the land site of a mars mission.then they can refuel and get back to the mars space station and take a simple hea prove craft back to earth. simples is it not.

Wow...Space Exploration (nasa= Good/bad)Replying to iGuest Accually space exploration is 1% of what the US spends it money on... 30% is spend on poverty. So just saying...Not tryina critize u. Also those hard conditions are known by the men that go to space before they do. They know its dangerous and everything. They CHOOSE too and its thier descition. No ones forcing them at all...-reply by Just asking...