xisto Community
crs_cwiz1405241504

Video Card Battle: ATI vs. N-Vidia time to revive the old battle

Yeah the 8 series, but idk if youve noticed but there RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Sure Nvid has the leading edge now but thats because it was a suckerpunch to the attention that ATI was getting from the consumer-friendly 1k series. Look at it the way they do, there in it for money, not to make the world a better place with mind-blowing graphics, and the entire point of buisness it capitalism. And as we all know the point of capitalism is selling the best product for the best price. There ARE limits to that of course, which is the consumer. For example, just cause a v10 lambo is being sold at the LOWEST price of 340,000, doesnt mean thats what everyone will buy, but if theres say a honda civic that performs great for 18,000,, alot more will buy that, How it transfers over is that although Nvidia is ripping innovation a new one, ATI have realized that simply racing Nvidia in innovation WONT bring in the big bucks, what can however is lurking in the wake of Nvid's innovation and using the "yesterdaY" ideas to invest in cards that catch more intrest from your everyday 1grand gamer. not from the 3k gearheads that put out a second mortgage for new hardware. So yeah, to say that Nvidia is better than ATI is true, is true as far as advancement goes, but ATI has taken the lead in applying to your average consumer. And the reason Crossfire is not as popular is that motherboard producers did not see "crossfire" as the more appealing thing on the box, because in thier opinion that wasnt the best multi-GPU interface. Through my own research and experience, it really is a much better interface. Nvidia, like all the tech of thiers rushed through its production, and saved it for after release to correct some of the more minor flaws, while crossfire was tested throroughly, which contributed to its later release than SLi. And without decent mother board producers taking enough pride in it to incorporate into thier decent motherboards, it never really got the boost it needed.

Also don't forget young gamers, your graphics card isn't going to speed up your games load times.It's the time your hard disk(s) and cpu(s) take to load that data into memory and make use of it that affects loading times (internet connection can also come into play on multiplayer games).

Unless people have way too much money to burn, there really isn't a point to getting an 8 series card from Nvidia. But for those people who want to spend around 400 on a graphics card, the 8800 GTS cards are pretty nice. Personally, I like Nvidia better than ATI. ATI hasn't exactly had the best deals on graphical power when you consider the price. No matter what graphics card people get, they almost always forget to get better cpus, ram, and hdds. Most people just settle with normal IDE. If anyone wants faster responses from games, a crappy IDE connection isn't going to cut it, try going for SATA or SCSI (thats what i have).

8 series is good, but I compared them yesterday I still vote for ati :) and its cheap too :D, I compared them with games and other 3d graphic eatter applications still ati stands with out a prob on the other hand nvidia give me some other issues with the graphics like wow new map in the game coz of messed up graphics like lines and stuff like that lol well I still say ati is better if you want power and save money but I'm not a nvidia hatter I got an 8 series on my other pc :) -drigger