xisto Community
Raskull

Xbox 360 Vs. Ps3 ready...FIGHT

Which do you think will be better?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm getting the Xbox 360 the day it comes out. The graphics look so much better than the PS3's or the Nintendo Revelation's. I'm not sure about how the three stack up comparing prices, but the 360 doesn't seem too expensive..I will also be getting Halo 3 the day it comes out (which happens to be the same day as the PS3 is released.. Good luck Sony...)

I'm really a Nintendo fan but since it's not on the poll as an option I'd say X-box 360 will be so much better. There are more compatible accessories with the console and it has a lot of memory bandwidth and storage size. Also it can be played vertically or horizontally and it has a high colour resolution. The PS3 will be alright I suppose but I looks much two silver and thin for it's size and also the controller looks so much like an alien head! B)

I would have to say that the Xbox 360 has it for me. A lot of people are basing their opinions on what was shown at like G4tv and what they saw from the E3 convention earlier this year. Microsoft messed up when they came up with their demos and displays for the Xbox 360. They even admitted after they showed off their demos that the graphics were not fine tuned yet in what they were displaying. Sony on the other hand, not rushing to release their product, fine tuned their demos and focused primarily on the graphics part of the demos. This in turn made Microsoft's Xbox 360 look plain compared to the games shown on the PS3. I think that once everything is released, both the PS3 and the XB360, then you won't be able to tell one game from the other. You have to understand also, that before Microsoft came along with the Xbox that Sony had a large customer base with the PS2. The PS2 did so well because at the time Nintendo had cheesy kids games and nothing with any real content. Sony released a huge assortment of games for all genres and hit it home within gaming market. Now Microsoft comes along with the Xbox and Sony keeps their customers that migrated from Nintendo over to their PS and developes the PS2. They both duke it out and Sony holds the majority due to its original customer base. Microsoft does however turn a large number of heads and starts to draw a crowd with their awesome gaming console. Point being, Sony and Microsoft will both do very well with both of these game platforms. The Xbox360 will have great games that attract gamers due to the content and graphics and the PS2 will have an advantage due to its original customer base and its huge array of games. I'd go with Microsoft.

I am leaning towards the Xbox 360, but mostly because that is where my experience was. I don't know to much about the PS3, but not many of my friends had a PS2 so I never got a chance to actually play on one to see for myself. So chances are that I will get the Xbox 360 at this point.

PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!! PLAYSTATION 3!!!

I personally think x-box and playstation should merge and make x station. They could monopolize the gaming industry because there is no way that the nintendo wi would even compete with it. I know it would never happen but the idea is pure heaven. I own an x-box 360 and only prefer it over PS3 for one reason, Halo. If it weren't for that, it wouldn't make a difference to me. -Timberlemons

I also say the xbox 360 is better. Playstation was good but there latest release (PS3) has clearly not been a success. Many players have bought the 360, even players who were PS fans. Xbox gives you more to do, you have xbox live which just makes the gaming really good. The options with xbox live are really good and the community is very large.So i say the xbox 360 is better.

So... in regards to merging and stomping the Wii... the Wii actually has the highest sales and fan base of the current generation lol. So obviously that would not be guaranteed, plus infighting between sony and microsoft would be monumentally damaging lmao.In regards to the ps3 not being a success, obviously it's release was hampered by various factors not least of which was the price issue. Now that we are a few years in the sales have picked up with new SKU's and units sold is actually getting to a respectable level. It hasn't competed well versus the 360 because it took off so fast and I would not argue it the victor but I am sure I would not call it a failure especially where we are still not at the end of the generation and since the ps3 has been gaining momentum over the past year at a strong rate.Now, onto my opinion of the consoles themselves. I voted PS3, probably because I own one haha. Personally I think the hardware edge will eventually pay off. The blu-ray player is a great addition without having to buy an addon and it adds a great value to an already strong machine. Further a large portion of the 'great games for 360' are on or coming out for ps3. Sure there are exclusives for microsoft but a few games does not a console make. I enjoy the PSN and have been loving my ps3's media center capabilities. Personally I prefer those over the 360's which I have used long term.Also I just like the hardware better. The controllers are great in that you can recharge them on the go and not have to stop playing on them. The ability to install linux easily is hours of fun for geeks and can turn your console into emulation heaven, especially with the easy use of external hard drives. I have yet to hear of a single person randomly having their ps3 die (ok, excluding the few during that patch-brick incident, but frankly thats still way better then having a console that dies every few months as I know many 360 users have had happen).Software wise the 360 DOES have the edge now. Few of the exclusives for ps3 are ground breaking but some great looking ones are on the way and I think in the coming year or two it's going to start leveling the playing field. Frankly I just see the ps3 as a long term solution where the 360 seems like it's strong now but will falter eventually. And personally I buy consoles so I dont need to upgrade every couple years.So yes, neither console sucks. Neither is perfect by any means. Anyone who says anything along those lines are just insane and shouldn't be allowed to speak in public. But for now I prefer the ps3 personally.

I have always liked sony more than microsoft when it came to gaming but the xbox 360 had three things.1. It was out way before the PS3 meaning more people had it.2. It had Halo3. It had more games because it came out first.With that said I choose the X-box this time but the wii beats them both.

Wow, you have that backwards. All PS3 consoles come with a hard-drive, which not all Xbox consoles do, and Xbox has a 4 player limit, PS3 has 7. The PS3 has wireless rechargable controllers too, not battery packs.The game on the 360 are decent, but PS3 games are way better in terms of quality and content.The 360 is more expensive in the end, with extra add ons and annual fees.

-reply by Varkeil

****box360, you mean?the 360, if applied mean that it just return to where it just started...So wat up with that? sure this opinion is late, but who gives a flying ****? I mean, seriously...The moment ****box360 started selling, I've started hearing bout RROD and ****.XBL? why would I wanna pay to play online? I'm already paying for the internet, so why should I lump the ****box fees on top of that? not to mention, the damned game already cost $59.99...DVD9 format...8.9GB...How is it next-gen if alot of things has to get cut out?I've seen Halo...Halo should be renamed as Hallow cuz that all it is...If Halo 3 was suppose to be the best with excellent graphic, then I think it time for all of you idiots to stop being brainwashed cuz the graphic look ****tier...Heck, SNES had better graphic and it was only 8bits.ps3 has more power behind it. Not to mention, it hasn't been hacked...Which mean that sony is smarter. PS3 doesn't resemble anything remote to ****box360...The shape it takes is better designed...Then there the fact that it comes with HDD while ****box360 comes without one. 160gb? seriously? I've seen some ps3 users have 500gb on theirs.then, ps3 has BD which provide more content on movies. Have you seen FFVII:AC on DVD? try watching it on BD...They're able to push technology to the brink and back. ****box360? retard...Miscrosoft Points? that another excuse for them to screw you...basically, bluetooth is probably the best, considering that you can have up to 7 controllers on one consoles, ideal for sports games. Then you can also have free online which should have been started since we're already paying 60 bucks for internet, phone, cable, and whatever else we have. $59.99 on BD which is damn worth it. No more multiple disc. Easier HDD access. No warrenty voids on swapping hdd.most of all? dicated fanbase that remember what ps3 brought. For those who remembered, the earlier model didn't come with hdmi and M$ is shafting users by avoiding 3rd party accessories whilein, Sony allow 3rd party accessories while at the same time, allow us to change the XMB AND allow us to have chat up to 6 people on one webcam.then, there is the small detail that there has to be no sacrifice in graphic, gameplay, and/or replay.think about it...The price is high, but you alway get what you pay for. For me? I have a BD Player, game player, standard dvd player, music player, ATRAC codec, AND photo arrangers. What this mean? it a multiple enterinmate systems. And for all those losers out there...Ps3 and psp can be paired and used together for ps1 games...And for even more losers...There is a product made by Sony call LocationFree Base Station that allow you to directly pair up your Sony Bravia, Ps3, and PSP with your pc wireless. Think of it like a wifi source, but for media share only. How cool is that?

Response to IguestXbox 360 Vs. Ps3

By the way Iguest, all Xboxes come with a 20 Gig harddrive, some come with a 120 Gigs.

Xbox 360 has a lower initial price, but, if your going to be online with it for 20 years it would cost 600 $, IF you;re going to play online for 20 years. There are no "extra add-ons" that don't exist on the PS3 for free. 

PS3 has a higher starting price, but you could play online as a hobo for as long as you wanted, disregarding  electricity and internet bills. PS3 has better graphics, but gameplay does not differentiate. If you're going to argue about the gameplay of an Xbox or a PS3, jump into a Wii blog, because I don't want to here pointless arguements. PS3 has some more minor features, like accessories. 

I also don't want to here "OH BUT THE PS3 GETS UPDATES SO THATS KILL!" because that is also true for the XBOX. And last but not least no "XBOX HAS BETTER INTERNET" or "XBOX HAS A BETTER CoNTROLLER" because both of those statements are completely untrue. Not to say the opposite is true though...

-reply by Turchx

Bluray disks won the arguement for me. Alot extra space meaning more gameplay or the space for better graphics, which is clearly visbale when comparing both consoles side by side. The PS3 is also alot more advanced than the 360 with extra's including 6-axis gameplay, bluetooth connectivity and can also be turned into a complete home cinema system (which is easier said than done btw).Yes, the price is a alot higher on first purchase but is still very good value for money. I recently purchased a "Console Package" (back in Jan 2011) consisting of: 320GB Slimline console, 2x 6-axis contorllers, Fifa 11, Grand Trismo 5, Tiger Woods's PGA Tour, all wires including HDMI cable and a stand all for £315. Not bad considering thats saving £40 a year on 'xbox live' fee's and around £140 on a bluray player. After wanting a bluray player and mainly getting a console for the online gameplay, the idea of then getting 3 games, 2 controllers and the console itself for £135 (£140 + £40 = £180, £315 - £180 = £135) was pretty appealing compared to spending £179 on a basic Xbox 360 package.

Since the playstation network has been hacked, people that own a playstation 3 cant play online. Due to the amount of time sony have had to try sort this out, they have failed and networks have been down for weeks. Sony didn't even warn their customers that their credit details may be stolen due to hackers attempting to hack the system. But when PS3 was hacked and their networks went down, PS3 only told their customers 10 days later that their credit details were stolen. Playstation 3 have been ruined and criticised. Even though it was the hackers fault, but hackers must of had reasons to risk so much for doing this.Anyway, xbox360 is my overall favourite as its run by microsoft and microsoft doesn't fail much, even though they are all into making large profits.Yes Xbox360 live got hacked last year twice but it took them a day or less than 24 to sort it out and microsoft are really good and no accounts were stolen.