xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Volume Control Icon Disappeared.

My system is Windows XP SP1.The icon of sound volume control in task bar disappeared.It does appear after I tick the "Place volume icon in the taskbar" in Control Panel -> Sound and Audio Devices.But it disppears when the system is rebooted next time.How can I fix this problem??

I would suggest trying to reinstall your audio driver. If all else fails, and its bugging you a lot, try a system restore. Those usually fic any problems you have with your computer.

Seems like your settings are not being stored, which suggests you may have disabled this or your shutdown process isn't shutting down correctly, maybe try setting the volume control in safe mode but try to figure out if your shutdown is going smoothly and fix this if that's the case.I ain't on Windows to provide a step by step guide, nor can remember where you would enable this option, if this doesn't work, and know how to write a file that can automatically enable the volume control part in the registry file on start up, you could write a file that adds this entry to the registry all the time (spyware/adware, viruses/trojans use this method, so it's not a good idea, and it may not work depending on how secure your box is).Cheers,MC

it's verry simple , look this picture ,here is your solution :)

Posted Image

i have Windows XP french , but i tink is clear now ,

I wait for your answer :P !!!!

The main question is do you have rights to change settings?Are you the Administrator of the machine?IF no are you a power user of the machine?if no are you just a lowly user?If your not Power User or Higher than the settings usually do not get saved. Especially if the Administrator has set it up to default all settings on shutdown.Why are you using SP1? Why haven't you Upgraded to SP2?Your problem could be resolved by upgrading to SP2.aminzzlink if you read the post they said they already ticked that and it still un ticks when they reboot.

I logged in as Administrator and do a search with spybot search&destroy and adaware.Now my system should be clean.But the problem remains.Yea. why am I still on SP1?? I don;t know.I may Upgrad my system to SP2.Thanks for you guys suggestions.Your problem could be resolved by upgrading to SP2.

volume control disappeared

Volume Control Icon Disappeared.

I have relatively the same problem. But I cant find volume control ANYWHERE

It's annoying because my speakers are connected to the tower, and they are definitely plugged in

Although whenever I go to the properties I can't tick anything as it has forbidden me to do so. Whenever I try to open itunes it says they have detected a problem with audio configuration

I try to plug in headphones through the speakers AND the tower but still no sound.

If I can receive any help then it would be a God send

Thanks

-Davey

If you have windows vista, right click on your desktop. Click on personlize,click on taskbar and startup.Click on notifacation area. Put check mark on hte volumn box , click on apply.. Windyfeather

I find that the volume icon disappears from my taskbar in Windows XP occasionally when I log on into Windows before the hard disk lights stop blinking. The reason for this problem is likely that the taskbar is loaded after the volume control is loaded, causing the volume icon not to exist. My solution would be to wait until Windows finishes loading before logging into my user account.

Vista fix for missing volume IconVolume Control Icon Disappeared.

• Click start > run and type regedit to open the registry editor.

• Search for "iconstreams"

• Delete all keys with the name "iconstreams" and "pasticonstreams" until "iconstreams" cannot be found in the registry

• Restart Vista

• If the icon is not there at startup, right click the taskbar, click properties then notification area and enable the icon like normal.

-reply by Steve

vista - sound icon disappearedVolume Control Icon Disappeared.

If you have windows vista, right click on your desktop. Click onPersonlize,click on taskbar and startup.Click on notifacation area. PutCheck mark on hte volumn box , click on apply.. Windyfeather

I did this - thanks but when I get to the "notification area" all my options are checked off EXCEPT volume - only I can't check off Volume because it's greyed down (like its not an option) what does that mean?  thanks.

-reply by Windyfeather

did the suggestin by steve work ?Volume Control Icon Disappeared.

did you try to remove the register file ?did it work?

-reply by masudrana