xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Volume Control Icon Disappeared.

Fix for volume control disappearing in VistaVolume Control Icon Disappeared.

Thank you this worked perfectly.  Edited registry, and rebooted.  Thank you so much.  Now if I only knew what caused the problem, but my guess is it was a download of Firefox.

-reply by Ayadaddy91

It worked for me!!!Volume Control Icon Disappeared.

Thanks, Following the steps of going the Personilize and clicking over display Icon, worked for me!!

-reply by Andre

I have the same problem.  And I had tried the above advice, BUT the volume box is gray and won't allow any clicking.  All others; Clock, Network and Power and clickable. Any help??

Tnxdude that worked 100% guys do like hi says ,but 1st in AUDIO,and you will find out that your soundcard driver been replaced with some **** diferent from original option ,so you have to change it to original sound card driver , and than go to VOLUME and choose to place volume control icon to task bar :) that is it ! goodluck  and thx again to the french dude!

-reply by BUSTER

Simple Fix for Disappearing Volume Icon on Windows XPVolume Control Icon Disappeared.

I had this pesky problem -- the volume icon disappearing -- for a year before I finally decided "ENOUGH" and set about finding out why.  I guess I had a very long fuse. Like many others, I'd click on the Control Panel, choose set-up for the volume, and follow the prompts to tick the boxes to place on my taskbar.  It would stay active for *that* session but would disappear on any reboot or just because it decided to mess with me.  I would have to untick the box, exit, go back into the control panel, tick the box again, to "jigger" the icon to appear.I followed the advice in another forum to right click on the taskbar itself, and select "properties" and make sure that the "Hide Inactive Icons" wasn't ticked, because if it was, then the volume icon, when inactive, would no longer be visible. This seemed logical until I realized that box was already NOT ticked, so that couldn't be doing it.Instead, I ticked the box "Hide Inactive Icons" on the Taskbar Properties, and then, "Customize."  When I did that, I could see the list of icons available to me on that taskbasr, including the Volume Icon.  I changed the option to "Never Hide" for that icon (and any others), and then "OK" to save.  Once I did that, although I had "Hide Inactive Icons" ticked, I customized the icons individually to never hide, and although that seemed at cross-purposes, it finally worked beautifully.  The volume icon never disappears, now, and life is much irritating.

-reply by Kate

To add the Volume icon to the notification area of your computer, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Copy and paste or type the following command in the Open box, and then click OK: mmsys.Cpl 3. Click to select the Place volume icon in the taskbar check box. 4. Click OK.

Replying to aminzzlinkThanks been looking for a few days for a solution and this help me fix my problem. They say a picture is worth a thousands words so it doesn't matter whether it is in french or not The picture showed me the solution. Thanks a-mill... = )

-reply by MrHardball

Desktop Sound ProblemVolume Control Icon Disappeared.

I have installed the sound drivers in dell pc it has installed , and also yellow mark also not there on sound tab of device manager but problem when I m opening volume icon that is getting hide, so how can I solve that problem , Please tell me any idieas.

-question by santosh