xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Version 1.0.5 Of Firefox , update of security

Whereas the final version 1.1 makes wait by fans of the free navigator (sencee to arrive during the summer, the version 2.0 being only foreseen for the next year), it is updates of security that propose us the Mozilla foundation through this version 1.0.5 of Firefox.

if you want to download it :
- Windows.
- MacOS X
- Linux

Oh, hey! Thank you sooo much for posting up the new version of Firefox. I haven't checked the mozilla site in quite a while so I really wasn't aware that there was a new version up, so... thank you for informing me about that me too. ^_^ Now I'm off to download the newest version... ^_^ Thanks again!

-- scryoko

It gets worse, 1.0.6 is set for next week, 1.0.5 crashed most of the API for the L10N teams so 1.0.6 is on its way.1.1 is however a very nice update and brings a lot to the table, a lot that I like, and is much better at memory management and boot up.Along with an improved pop-up blocker.

Alpha means it will crash. Althoughs its very stable from what ive seen.szupie, register to the google news alert, "Firefox" expect about 25 emails a day, so Gmail can organise them perfectly in one mail. Its the best way to keep on track.

Thanks, I just created that alert. I'll wait for the mails.I hope they could get all the bugs out and release 1.1 soon. There are lots of sites that have pop-ups getting through Firefox's pop-up blocker. And I hope we can block some windows from opening with custom masks.

Trekkie, where did you get those information? I've search through the Mozilla site, but can't seem to find that. I want to keep up with Firefox news.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you'd rather keep your inbox neat and clean, I'd recommend subscribing to the Mozillazine.org RSS feed.

It gives all the news regarding Mozilla based products as soon as they're available. They're also kind enough to inform us about BETA and RC releases.

Mozillazine RSS Feed

Another great RSS feed to keep in mind is The Extensions Mirror. A great way of knowing when extensions have been updated and new extensions have been released.

The official addons.mozilla.org RSS feed of Newest Extensions is here.

On a related note, I've installed some Firefox plugins and extensions. When I go to the official Mozilla plugin site to get my plugins updated to the newest version, the site asks me to have the newest version of Firefox installed first. Is there any way to get past that?

Yes, I have to agree with DerekBaldersonator. After just recently updating to Firefix 1.0.5, I haven't been experiencing any problems with this version, so I, as well, am curious as to what types of problems that you guys are having trouble with. Hm... but then this brings up another question. Why would it be, then, that for people using the same Firefox version, some would experience problems while others wouldn't? Would it have anything to do with this computer having certain viruses and that computer not? I'm not a computer expert... so this is rather puzzling to me. -_-;;

-- scryoko

To the guy asking about getting extensions/themes without the newest version of FF... if you type about:config into your address bar and then find the entry called "general.useragent.vendorSub"and double click its value (1.x.x whatever you have) and change that to 1.0.4 or 1.0.5 or whatever, it should trick the site into letting you in. I did that on my linux partition and it worked, havn't tried it on windows but assume it works the same.

The Mozilla teams have had some trouble over the last week...

1. Code was changed in v1.0.5 of Firefox resulting in a lot of extensions not working (it turned out to be something minor) The more notable amongst the extensions was the AIRoboform toolbar. Roboform released an updated version of its Netscape adapter to make it work again with Firefox.

2. Thunderbird v 1.0.5 was released. There was confusion because the previous stable release was 1.0.2, so a lot of us were wondering why the sudden 0.0.3 jump?? Naturally, some extensions stopped working with this version (example - Enigmail is an extension to the mail client of Mozilla / Netscape and Mozilla Thunderbird which allows users to access the authentication and encryption features provided by GnuPG) As an update: Thunderbird 1.0.6 will be out within the next few days and it ought to function like it was intended to.

3. The Spread Firefox site was attacked and was brought down due to an existing hole in the web server, i think.

All-in-all, this week seems to be the one where the Mozilla rollercoaster is on the downhill slope.