xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

The Best Forum Software Company Some of the best Forum Software Company

Who do you think is the best Forum Software company which designs user-friendly forums or bulletin boards?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys, I am just trying to see what all of you people like, because soon, I am going to put a forum on my website. I was wondering which Forum software companies' forum do you like the best. This poll will really help develop my website, as it will provide information on which is the user-friendliest forum company. Any comments are welcome, too! :)

I feel that phpBB is the most user friendly because its open source and free for use. As a result, its widely used among people on the internet and they should be familiar with it. My second choice would be the Invision Powerboard that this forum uses. I took the liberty of linking you the three different forums so you could see which look you preferred.

phpBB
vBulletin
Invision Powerboard

Hope you found this useful and good luck.

Hi, I would like to swap that around to Invision Powerboard first and then phpBB because i feel that IPB(Invision Powerboard) is more user friendly than the rest not only to the actuall users but the host which i think is the purpose of yur poll. There is also a great community of help if you do get stuck with any aspect of your setup such as:http://www.forums.invisionize.com/index.phpAnd as you see here at Xisto there is countless number of mods, hacks and edits that a really easy to install that will make your board unique.Good Luck

IPB is definately the best, but it costs almost 200 dollars to use forever, and about $70 for one year... But then I'd have to say phpBB, there are many mods to help imitate IPB so you get hte quality of it, but they all lack that, that, you know the little thing that put IPB above all the rest, that thing Matt Mecham puts into it to make it so great...

I voted other, for SMF, it's the friendliest forum by far. I think this is partly achieved by the sorta, curvy look of the forums, as opposed to IPB's block aquares and rectangles. Although, I have to say, SMF isn't actually curvy, it just sorta, feels that way. :)

I've really always liked the block clasic so to say style of IPB, I think it gives it a clean, professional, and pleasing look. Also I like the modifications you can get for IPB, it gives you much more to do with your forums then phpBB, SMF, VBulliten, or YaBB combined. It also gives it more functionality than before...

Yea, I agree with all your comments and I have finally decided to choose PHPBB, because it is free, easy to use and the pages load faster (i tested to run inivision powerboard on 3 computers, which took about 5 seconds on DSL) I hope it will be a success. Thank You all for your help and comments. :)*btw, additional comments welcome*

First of all: IPB is made by Invision Power Systems, and vBulletin is made by Jelsoft. I dunno what the phpBB guys call themselves..I just know their product sucks. >_<

Anyway, I like Jaia Interactive (aka Daniel Murdoch), which has the MyTopix forum software, which t0t4lly pwnz. :)

Although I like MyTopix, purely because of the development effort going into it. SMF still beats the others hands down.SMF has more features than any forum software, note I said features, not bloat.SMF has just went 1.1, so if you didnt like 1.0.X, then I urge you to try 1.1 its a completely different barrel of bricks, and has a lot more features.Theres an influx of themes just about to be released and probably some of the best ones we've seen before.The mod community is growing by leaps and bounds, just give it a little more time.And converting from any software, is possible if you can get the database. The developers have put a huge push into this.

I would have to say Invision Power Board (IPB). It's the message board software I am most accustomed to. I've used PHPBB several times, but it didn't have the same feel as IPB for some reason. I have never used vBulletin, either. I see it as being too expensive for message board software ($200 US or something like that). I would rather make my own message board than pay $200 for a premade board.

i don't really like those three software, so i voted for other, but without other i would vote for ipb, but phpbb is nice too, but sucks, i really would like a simple, fast forum with some good features and security, ipb gets quite slow, not to menshion vbulletin :)

Then have you tried SMF?If not, would you willing to hear me out about SMF? I know I can prove SMF is secure, fast and very clean and can be skinned however you like it. And im more than happy to sit for hours on a messenger, talking on and on.