xisto Community
fillrbnny

Anti Virus Software Anti Virus software

Out of all the Anti Virus software that I have tried out, PC-Cillin 2005 is the best. The other day i had 20 trojans and i scanned with norton. It said it couldnt get rid of it unless I subscribed to it. I thought that was pure BS. So a friend of mine offer PC-Cillin and I am about to try anything at this point,and it got rid of all the Trojans I'm happy to say and it even detects them coming in without lagging up your computer. If anyone know anything better tell me,but this is somethin i suggest to protect your comps.

as in all my other posts on the subject of virus scanning progs: NOD32.have tried many others and am stuck on this one.simply the best!

Well, i hacve tried norton and mcafee... between them both... McAfee... by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, for i have heard.. AVG is the BEST FREE ANTIVIRUS available out there..... my friends use it, and they say it kick *bottom*!!!!!!!And it's free!!!!!!!!!! (maybe not for commercial uses....)

As much as I hate to say this, I think that most companies like Norton/Symantec. The company I work for bought the enterprise edition and installed it on all the computers throughout the whole building. Luckily it's just the antivirus. I heard horror stories about the Internet Security Suite. Causes more trouble than it's worth for some. :)

My suggestion is to give Grisoft AVG a try (as someone else has mentioned here). I think there is an enterprise edition for AVG also. Since this is more for a corporate environment, the enterprise license would be best. AVG Free is only for personal use. I second what rapco said. At least I think it's the best antivirus program out there that's free. Free is not always bad. I've used it for years now and have no complaints about it.

Keep in mind that no antivirus program is perfect. I usually ask users to use one or two other antivirus scanning methods (preferably online) to make sure that they are virus free.

but I think that Ad-Aware is good, and it's free

Ad-aware is not an antivirus program. It may catch some viruses/trojans at times, but that's not what it's used for. It's mainly an antispyware program.

marcin, you should look at the thread i posted before about norton.... that way you could see my point..

check it at:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/84080-topic/?findpost=1064304728

There i defended McAfee... but two weeks later i started to have probelm with it too.... That why i switched to acg, and yeah, there's an entreprise edition.

So far so good... altought i know there are other free excelent antivirus, this one was recommended.. so...

Try it out!