xisto Community
Trekkie101

London Under Terrorist Attack 6 Bombs

London was bombed this morning, 6 bombs attacking the public transport system.Confirmed as Terrorist attack, Al Qaeda caliming blame.Not many deaths and not a huge ammount of injurys.London Emergancy Protocals in action within 10 minutes, Tony Blair and G8 summit members all making speaches today to the UK population.Tony Blair is also going back to london from Gleneageles and then returning tonight, The G8 summint will NOT be interupted cancelled.

Well put it this wayThe 8 most powerful men in the world, are sitting only 20 minutes away from me, all in one place, something tells me, there will be a fast action and discussion on it.Tony Blair is heading to london as we speak, to return this evening.I sincerely doubt the terrorists will go unpunished.

Not many deaths and not a huge ammount of injurys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not many? 33 dead on the Underground, at least 10 on the bombeed bus, hundreds injured...

Okay, compared to 9/11 it's not many, but for us in the UK, this is big.

The underground's back up now, with the exception of King's Cross, DLR is up and running (I think) and I'm not sure about the buses.

My thoughts go out to those injured and the families of those killed...

This caught me by surprise, I didn't think England would be the next to get hit by a larger scale terrorist attack. I wish I could agree with Trekkie's sentiments that they wont go unpunished but having the G8 leaders discuss the attacks will be irrelevant if they still can't find the terrorists who matter... I hope they find the persons responsible but who knows if they will.It assumedly goes without saying, but I'll keep those involved in my thoughts/prayers

As someone living in the UK, I have been taken by complete surpise and am shocked by these horrific attacks. I sincerely hope that the security services catch whoever committed this atrocity and bring them to justice. I would ask everyone to pray or hope for the safety of everyone in London and in the rest of the world as they cope through this difficult time.

Did you say not many deaths or injuries?I heard that there had been over 1000 injured, but I forgot how many dead. I'd say that's a lot. And you would expect that too, with all the debris from the explosions, people can easily get injured.And how can anyone be sure that the statement is really by al-Qaeda? Anyone who knows the language can write something like that and publish it on a site.Jeigh, can you try not to use swear words in you posts? This forum is intended for everyone, and some people can get offended by those words.

omgsh when i heard about that on the news ..my heart dropped!!its so scary to think about it!! i live in new jersey right next the new york where 911 hit.. i was so scared my uncle is a firefighter and he helped in 911god bless all the families and friends of the victims who were involved in the attack.

when i was having my dinner in front of TV, suddenly a Sky breaking new came up: London Under Terrorist Attack. :PSo sad.Is this the consequences for supporting US to take over the middle east??if yes, I wouldn't be surprised to see the other countries victim to attacks.Fighting terror with terror brings more terrorWhat is the root problme of this kind of attack??We should solve the root problem.

this is indeed a scary event. i was there on 9/11 and lost many friends that day. most of my family is in england, and thankfully all are safe. i just hope that people don't use this event for the wrong reasons.

The first reports never indicated many people were hurt, after saying terrorist attack, I didnt want to cause too much fear but the first reports basically were just saying, 2 killed, 45 injured, which to me wasnt many when versed against Madrid and New York. But it is none the less a terrible thing.

The first reports never indicated many people were hurt, after saying terrorist attack, I didnt want to cause too much fear but the first reports basically were just saying, 2 killed, 45 injured, which to me wasnt many when versed against Madrid and New York. But it is none the less a terrible thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe the figures currently stand at 37 people dead and 700 injured. This is a horrific event and I thank everyone for their support, on behalf of those poor people in London. Apparently the underground network was supposed to be back to normal today except where the bombs actually went off. And some overground trains were running yesterday. I'm not sure what's happening with the buses.

I live in UK and I was also shocked by the terrorist attacks in London. But i agree that anyone could have said it was Al-Queda even if it wasn't. I just hope they do catch those responsible, and my thoughts are with the victims/ families of victims. I seriously hope that was a one off thing though :P