xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ASR1405241491

The Next "windows"... The tech. that will turn the world...

It seems that mobile and wireless is the way to go nowadays. Just look at the new cell phones that are built with a small harddrive to hold mp3s. As the technology gets better, much more information will be stored and made portable. But my opinion is that it wouldnt revolutionize anything. It'll take something farfetched and outrageously unthinkable to change the world.

what I could add is when crystal disks to store information will be stable and will change hard disks, the space won't be such a big problem, imagine a server with a crystal disk silent, no heat and terrabytes of space :)

Next Big Leap in ComputingIn my opnion next big leap in computing would be OS based Assisting Agents. Like the ones in star trek where Computers respond to voice commands etc. It is possible right now but requires a)signifiacant computing power :) training for softwareNext version of Windows will not be a deal breaker for economy as it will be very hard for people and businesses to convince to spend moeny on some thing which they really dont need. Microsoft has dropped all the cool stuff from Longhorn (WinFS etc) so i am not sure how Longhorn will do business ..i think MS will get losses for 1 year (compraed to the advertisemts they give out)

Like in "Star Trek"???Then... a step further than just the Assisting Agent... would be a Transporter? Who needs the overpirced Airlines, and lack of service when you can step into a transporter, and be "beamed" where ever you wanted to go instantly???

the next big thing will people atually using their computers. Full house wireless networks with a pda as the 'remote'. control tv, telephone, internet, music, heating, lighting all from any 'terminal' in the house. this will allow people to really use computers and appresiate how good they are. And of course it will be affordable bescause everyone will have linux and opensource software and the hardware will be the only expeniture. thinking about it the only hardware that needs to be developed it the wireless network as servers in the losft could store all the files with a fast enough network.i know this is all possible now but it will take a bit of time and reduction in price, and it willall need to have more marketable names. and p2p will have to figure something out about music and film if those industries are going to staysounds nice doesnt it - i want one of these houses :)

Everybody seems sure that the next big technology that will turn the world around is going to be some computer-thing. Personally I think that's going to happen, but I hope there will be something else. Something unexpected. A system that connects our brain to a computer with a chip, or even networks of every electrical device in your home. Stuff like that. However, I wouldn't mind a quantum computer either...