xisto Community
warbird1405241485

What Browser Do You Think Is The Safest Not the best, just the most save

What browser do you think is the safest?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Firefox - go for it.. I wouldn't settle for anything else. While it won't allow you to view ActiveX control based pages - it cuts out 60% of the security risk Right There. These activex controls are the worst source of spyware/adware & worms. Firefox by default blocks a horde of different kinds of malware scripts - which would run with all glee on IE.. so there :lol:BTW, warbird - are u German ? Or Dutch ? Dunno - which one, but one of them use "V" in the place of "F" - the way you did here.. Germans I think..

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

This shouldnt even be up to debate. Mozilla Firefox hands down. Internet Explorer will kill your computer. Back when I was using it, I had to do a system restore every few weeks. Its just really crap at blocking out spyware and adware. I started using Firefox, and I nolonger have problems with spyware and adware. I would recomend Firefox aboce any other browser.

I recommend Firefox. 1. Firefox blocks out all spyware and adware off picture files2. IE doesn't have the security update yet3. Firefox has more security updates than IE4. My favourite game's company uses Firefox, so i think that Firefox is more secure

Yes Firefox seems to be the safest browser out but just to add as a side track that with security these days the safest place for your computer is in chains in a safe at the bottom of the ocean - why do i say this you ask, due to a securtiy risk that no browser has fixed skilled flash programers can emulate a site login for any browser and it doesnt show the root of the pop up so even microsoft can be faked 100 % this was posted as a topic here on Xisto unfortunately i cant find it to link so i described it as briefly as possible - any1 who remembers trhe post or link please post it here thanks.Happy surfingReaver

I totally agree. Well, I remember a security thing where Javascript could be used to cover your normal address bar address with a different one, so you can forge microsoft or bank addresses. As most people use Internet Explorer the hackers targeted IE so it didn't work on Mozilla Firefox. Mozilla Firefox showed the address was fake because the bar was out of position :lol:

Firefox is safe but its not perfectly safe. There are still exploits. In recent past version updates (from 1.01-1.04) were resleased in a short span of time(meaning more and more expolits were found). The good thing is that they were released. Do wacth out for following things.1-Plugins exploits (flash java etc)2-Counterfit XUL Apps3-Malecious Websites offering downlaods with torjans viruses.That said I think that Mozilla Suite should have been counted once only ...and KHTML based browsers (Safarai, Konqueror) should have been added to the list

I'd have to agree with the vast majority of users here... Mozilla Firefox offers the best safety v/s functionality.

However, old shell users might recall an even safer browser albeit with rather limited functionality. Yes! I'm talking about that old symbol and leading cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndroms in the mid-90s - Lynx . :lol:

Without a doubt... the safest way to browse the web.

This is the easiest vote I have casted in my life so far. I don't think it is needed to tell to whom I have voted.......Offcourse Firefox.This browser is truly amazing. There were days when I used to get a lot of spywares/viruses through IE but now there is no problem like this. First I have installed Firefox at my home. Now I am forcing my office collegues to use Firefox instead of IE. ( It is really a tough task because some of my collegues have never heard about this because we are partner of Microsoft.)

with security these days the safest place for your computer is in chains in a safe at the bottom of the ocean

THAT'S the point! I agree. I think that as soon 50% of the internet surfers use Firefox, this browser will be much more targetted! Little scriptkiddies and evil crackers are still searching for exploits for Internet Explorer. If IE would only be used by a minority (like Firefox these days), it would be appaer as the safest browser in the world.
If you look at the car crash statistics of your country, how many Ferraris were involved in a car crash? And how many Volkswagens were involved in a car crash. Does that mean Ferrari is the safest car? You know what I'm trying to say. Firefox and other 'minority browsers' are not yet as much the taregt of the exploit finders as poor Internet Explorer is.

GreetingZ

BTW, warbird - are u German ? Or Dutch ? Dunno - which one, but one of them use "V" in the place of "F" - the way you did here.. Germans I think..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong guess, I'm Dutch, always been, will never change :lol: .

Thanks for the tips guys, I showed it to my father and he now also use FireFox :lol:.

-=jeroen=-

I think that between all the several one browser that I have tried, mozilla firefox is the best one. reliability, semplicità of use, and one great variety of plug-ins. also in how much to reliability he is not indeed not bad, before the time that I have installed it has carried to me endured to a page where there was a connection in order to unload the bug fix... that to say microsoft sucks! :lol: P.S. sn found to me also with Netscape well but firefox remains always the best one:P

I would have to say Firefox. I mean, not only is the code simply better thought out then IE is now... but they actually release updates in a timeley fashion. When a security hole is found they patch it up within a short period of time, whereas IE seems to be patched only when absolutely necessary.

I used to totally use Internet Explorer, but I seriously believe that there are a lot of bugs that are specifically designed to infiltrate your system simply by utilizing the IE or Netscape modules. So, I've been trying out Firefox, and, not only do I not seem to have as many bugs trying to get in, but the popups...oh thank god! So yeah, I think that, out of those three, Firefox is the best....btw, has anyone tried Opera? How well/poorly does it interact with Windows XP? Any problems?