xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

A Solution For Disabled Right Click On Web Page

a solution for disabled right click on web pages!!?? :lol: Webmasters may disable right click on web pages by Java Script for copyright purposes.follow below ways to right click:1- Hold down middle button and press right button.2- Hold down left button and press right button.3- Press Esc or Enter and right button contemporaneously.4- Press specific button on keyboard.Be successful :lol:

I know of at least 2 easier methods than this, of course it depends on what is used to disable right-click.

Method 1.

Highlight the text, by dragging the mouse over it while holding the LEFT mouse button down.

Press Ctrl+C

Method 2.

Again highlight the text. (dragging the mouse over it with left mousebutton down)

Leave the text highlighted, do not click on the document, but go to Edit -> Copy

I have a couple methods for saving pictures if Right click is disabled:1. This one's kinda lenghty, but you can get almost anything you see on your monitor into an image. You press the "Prt Scrn" Key (to the right of F12). This copies your visible screen to your clipboard. Then you can paste it into Photoshop/Word/whatever, and crop out the parts of the screen capture that you don't want.2. If you're web language savvy, you can go to View>Source in your browser and find the URL for the image, and then copy and paste that into you're address bar. However, there are ways to block access to page sources, so that might not always work.

There's a much simpler way to do it in Firefox (and maybe also IE).

I found this one from the Mozilla site. All you need to do is create a new bookmark (in the toolbar for easier access) - and in the URL of the bookmark type in:

java script:void(document.oncontextmenu=null)

Whenever you come across a page with blocked right-click menu, just click on this bookmark link and your context menu will come back right-away :lol:

Have fun :lol:

m^e

I would just look at the HTML of the page and find the picture (by finding text around it or the caption). Then I just type in the path into my address bar and I'm good to go.

I tried all of the above that involed using right-click with a combination of something else. Didn't work. Besides, why would I want to copy?

Disabling right-click is stupid anyway. If works were that "precious" then they would have watermarks splashed all over them.

Disaling right-click, I would think, only makes a visitor more obliged to copy the content.

Oh okay, I'll contradict myself. Again. File > Save Page As... or Ctrl+S lets you save the images, javascript, HTML page, etc...basically everything. (Or so I think.)

Yeah, reallyGetting around a disabled right-click has got to be one of the most easy things to do on the internet.Even the people who don't know anything about computers, if they have any sort of creative thinking powers, they'd be able to find a way around it themselves.I don't come across websites with blocked right clicks very often, so it's not that much of an issue... Since really... Anyone who's created and hosted something even remotely valuable to warrant the disabling of right clicks... 9 times out of 10 would know that it's one of the easiest things in the world to get around.

I never have this problem because I use Firefox 2.0 and the NoScript extension. This prevents javascript from executing in the first place.For sites that I need to use JS on but I want to turn off the right click issues, there is a greasemonkey script that pretty much does what microscopic's post details.

Good tip SilverFox. Didn't know about that Page Info feature in Firefox. Still have to go searching for that image link though...:)Like others, I usually view the page source and find a link to that image (if it's descriptive). Otherwise, I check the temporary folder (yes, I have done this a few times myself before to see if it really works LOL) B)

Yeah if its a big site I think I'd also use the source code (after seeing this) or more likely the temp internet files.

There is no equivalent to Page Info in Opera (just looked). http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is an Opera addon for Developers and it might have something like that.

I'm pretty sure IE doesn't. The chances of finding a site with RightClick Disabled is not large.

Hello ,If you have frontpage go to File menu and select edit with Microsoft Front Page and you get the page source and images also works with webplus 10 and coffecup html editor For granparadiso you can use SilverFox Page Info feature or Save page as both work javascript for disable right click

<script language="JavaScript">function right(e) {if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' && (e.which == 3 || e.which == 2))return false;else if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' && (event.button == 2 || event.button == 3)) {alert("Right Click Disabled!!!");return false;}return true;}document.onmousedown=right;if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);window.onmousedown=right;</script>

to disable image toolbar add this meta tag

<META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">

Thank You hazemmostafa

Yeah, SilverFox, I forgot to mention the Page Info thing... I've used it before for these kinda things XDBut as you mentioned, it's kind of hard to find if you're on a heavily graphic dependant site because there ends up being a -lot- of files listed there <__<I just checked and there isn't even a Search feature under Page Info (That I saw).So I'm still gonna say that using Page Source on large/graphic dependant sites and using a Search feature if it's still alot of data to sift through would probably be the fastest way to go about getting an image you need.And just incase there are any uncertainties... by "Graphic Dependant" I mean one of those sites that use an image... For everything... And would have like 500 files listed under Page Info <__<

Edited by mvs.en (see edit history)

i found a way to save pictures, movies, flash and almost anything embeded in firefox. Go to the tools menu, click page info. Then go to the media tab. There you can find all of the pictures/images, movies, animations etc that are embeded or use by the page. Very useful for saving images, or downloading flash games/moves!-jimmy