xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Negative Hosting Credits from +10 to -28 in one day

There was not a realy free webhosting provider.I have some free web hosts others & couldn't believe it can survive for a long time due the high bw & storage.They gets lots of <- snipped -> on their forum suggest the members to click,and it won't get useful help to the live of this free hosting site.Then I thought Xisto,It's the same status with other webhosting provider,it take ads on forum,get credit system to keep members active,to do so kick the inactive members from the server.then get lighter load of the server.It's sure,sure enough couldn't be blamed.the hosting belongs to the Admin.Admin paid money & time to run it.He can do anything to the site,we only need accepted.Remember when you register a member you had ever been read lots of TOS & Pinned topics.That's all,anyhow.}

Of course he understood the complaint, but he did not comment on it.

60490[/snapback]

This was the comment.

Don't rely on others to start a topic for you, be creative. Have an opinion on your own, if you see a news story that interests you, write it down in your own word.

I would say that this comment was supposed to address Dawid's concerns. The concern is that topics of a serious nature do not generate intelligent or meaningful responses. I don't see how creating topics would address this issue.

I think he is commenting on Dodger, and his complaint about not being able post a lot. Well, starting a new topic does make it easier to talk about stuff you know about. And about the replies: You are right, some people don't read the actual topic and just reply so they can get credits. They usually read the last post and infer what the topic is about. This is dicouraged, as it ruins the point of posting.

Please excuse my double post as I have to comment on this separately.

I understand that a lot of forums don't mind copying posts and news articles, but there is one thing to note. This isn't legal. The copyright notices are not just for decoration on the site, but they are actually and legally, preventing you from using the same article. Not only will this hurt the page rank and reputations of Xisto, but it will also attract lawsuits and more problems. I hope you understand. We are sorry you want to leave, and hope you will have much luck in future endeavors.

Regards,

Xisto Management

60491[/snapback]

I always linked to the original site so there shouldnt be any problems with the law. It's just a news articles, not copyrighted materials. Unless you rip it and make money off it its legal to discuss news with the exact quotations, here in US anyways.

The script run once an hour and deletes any account with more than -30 hosting credits.

60191[/snapback]

Hey shouldnt that mean that dodger's account should be deleted by now? ..with-56 credits..

^I just said in the above post that I had -21 points plus and then a couple positive points from these posts on top of that but its still negative.So is there any chance you could drop these negative points so I could have a stable account fo a couple weeks without being suspended every other day so I could redirect my forum users to a new host? Do I need to PM admins with this since I didnt get a response so far and my forum is going down the drain.

^No it's actually at -16 points and it's a lot. I just don't think I deserve such a hard punishment for simply not knowing that posting news articles is not allowed in here.

It doesnt seem like admins are reading this. Oh well, I guess I will need to take off my sweater and start posting quick to pull my account out of this hole.