xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Negative Hosting Credits from +10 to -28 in one day

This is the second time it happened to me. Just yesterday I had around +10 hosting credits and now its -28 and my account is suspended. Please help.

If any of your posts were deleted because they were spam, the hosting credits removed is more than the amount you received. If you spammed a lot, most likely you probably lost more than 2 times your hosting credits.

I've been going through my posts just now and I'm pretty sure my recent topics were not deleted. Ususally I post whole topics and not short replies that can be considered as spam. Somebody please clarify for me why this keeps happening because I need my hosting account for a few more months to finish doing what I'm doing.PS I couldnt find the Edit button so please dont give me a negative rep for double posting.

LOL. I doubt you will EVER get out of the negative area with the posts you are making.

I don't know if you know this, but copying articles from the net and posting them to get hosting credits is considered spam here.

Examples of your recent posts which will severly hurt your hosting credits if they are deleted:
1. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
2. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
3. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
4. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
5. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

There are MORE but those are probably enough. I am assuming you posted enough to get your self out of the hole. That means atleast 28 hosting credits. Keep in mind that according to Dooga, there is a penalty of 2 times for spam. If ALL your posts are like the ones above and they get deleted, you will end up losing 56 hosting credits.

You are digging a bigger and bigger hole...

^But I only made them to get out of debt. Please don't tell me that I'm digging myself in even deeper. I have a lot of work put into my site which I havent finished yet but I dont want to loose whats already done. Please give me one month to backup all my stuff and find a new host.

Definetly ; For credit we log on ; & when we found we have nothing to say ; but we have to say ; then the spam come ove.So, I don't like Credit system also But I have nothing to doPS: Do you have request a Upgrade of hosting It also discrease your Credit . good luck Dodger.:angry:

ya. good luck dodger. I just looked at my post and to some it may look like I am blaming you or something... but I'm not. Just trying to point out that you may be making it worse.You should backup all your stuff on your own computer though. That's what I do. If I never get access to my webspace, it doesn't really matter because I can just upload another copy somewhere else.

**I know my account may be suspended due to this post but this is how I feel**I absolutely hate the credit system- I don't know exactly what people do around here for a living but I don't have time to spend a few hours a week making posts about topics I don't even want to participate in because they really do lack anything intellectually stimulating. If your over 21 these forums really are just a means to get free hosting and they do really provide very little entertainment. Dodgers posts may have been content from other websites but at least they provided something worthwhile reading on these forums instead of reading about how much people hate the phrase "I know you are but what am I" or what your favourite soft drink is. I'm involved in another forum, no obligation for anything and it has around 3000 users but one gets to actually discuss and debate on topics that actually matter. There are real issues out there and other forums at least have the IQ to speak out about them, I for one am getting sick of this truley mindless gibberish that gets passed around out here and am seriously considering, like dodger, a change of host or even paying for webhosting because spending time on these forums is as much of a waste of time as watching WWE. The forum subsections that actually have potential to provide some decent discussion are all labelled "No post count" anyway. I realise that my hosting may be disabled because of this post but I please ask you to at least respect the fact that I have valuable information on there and to give me a week or two to find a new host and transfer all my data across.

I apologise for that outburst but it also comes as a result of my credits going negative once and thus meaning I couldn't access my mail and I got credits up to around three and desperately needed some information from my email that was sent to me from my lecturer in proffesional communication- my account was not enabled for more than 24 hours and it really messed me around badly, I had to phone the lecturer at around 8pm at home and asked him to send it to a different email address. What a fantastic impression that made on him especially seeing as he'll be one of the people assessing my 2 year thesis in a months time.

There is a perfect solution if you don't want to participate and post. Go for paid hosting...Hosting for the least expensive package is $9.95 per year, most people pay 3 times as much or more per month for a cell phone.It's state in the TOS and the signup agreement that you will participate in the forums in exchange for "HOSTING". Why do you come back and complain becuse we now enforce the TOS. You made a promise to post, now you feel like you are not treated right because you have to follow up on the promise.Dawid, what are you afraid of? we encourage free speach and you can voice your opinion as much as you please. In return, we will voice our opinion and the TOS. If you follow the rules and keep your hosting credits over 0 your account will not be shut down. If your hosting credit goes below -30 then the script will delete your account automaticly and there is no backup on our part. The script run once an hour and deletes any account with more than -30 hosting credits.Don't rely on others to start a topic for you, be creative. Have an opinion on your own, if you see a news story that interests you, write it down in your own word. Everyone of the articles copied could have stayed if he had written this in his own words.Nils

Dawid, what are you afraid of? we encourage free speach and you can voice your opinion as much as you please.... Don't rely on others to start a topic for you, be creative. Have an opinion on your own, if you see a news story that interests you, write it down in your own word.

I don't think you understand Dawid's post. OR maybe you didn't read it clearly. He is not complaining about not being able to talk about things that interest him. He is complaining about the quality of the members and the type of responses.

I also find that it is very difficult to hold any sort of high level conversations at Xisto because either people don't bother reading the post and simply reply to the topic rather than the post, OR they are incapable of replying to the post in an intelligent manner.

From your own post, you clearly did not provide an adequate response to his concerns (which are stated above). Asking him what he is afraid of? That kind of response leaves a foul taste in the mouth and could be seen as a diminutive comment. The worst part is the response simply proved his point. Why would you suggest he create topics of his own when the root of the problem isn't topics but the quality of responses. One cannot conduct a conversation, no matter the topic, if the conversing parties are producing unintelligible responses.

I know another forum where the members have just become like a group of close friends, if you will. Pretty much everything there has been discussed and now they just hang around jabbering on about this and that. It used to be a very crowded forum and you rarely see anyone stop by.I see nothing wrong with posting news articles but if thats not acceptable here then I'll look somewhere else. All I ask is to give me enough credits for a couple of weeks so I could redirect all my forum members to a new host. It took me a lot of effort to advertise my forum so please respect that and dont suspend my account for 2 weeks, after that you can delete it.

Admins, please have some decency and remove my negative credits so I would have time to redirect my forum users to a new host. I have -21 right now.

I don't think you understand Dawid's post.  OR maybe you didn't read it clearly.  He is not complaining about not being able to talk about things that interest him.  He is complaining about the quality of the members and the type of responses.

Again, I would like to explain this. The administrator noticed that the user said "I know that my hosting credits might be suspended for saying this". The member probably thinks that he'll get in trouble for saying what he said in that post. NilsC is just stating that "it's fine to say what you just said, and we won't take off hosting credits just because you think Xisto is bad". Of course he understood the complaint, but he did not comment on it.

Please excuse my double post as I have to comment on this separately.

I see nothing wrong with posting news articles but if thats not acceptable here then I'll look somewhere else.

I understand that a lot of forums don't mind copying posts and news articles, but there is one thing to note. This isn't legal. The copyright notices are not just for decoration on the site, but they are actually and legally, preventing you from using the same article. Not only will this hurt the page rank and reputations of Xisto, but it will also attract lawsuits and more problems. I hope you understand. We are sorry you want to leave, and hope you will have much luck in future endeavors.

Regards,
Xisto Management