xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theillestmc12

Any MS Word Plugin For Writing Movie Scripts ?

hi wats up..well i just have a question for you guys..becase some of you can probably answer it :( well first off my name is jude and i like to write movie scripts but i dont have a software i can use to write them easily..im using microsoft word 2003 and i have to do the script manually and it is pain in the butt because i have to type all the characters then their lines...any way i googled around and i found this one article that says that they have a script writing plugin for word but it is only for word 97..well if they had it in 97 they should have it now right????well i did try the 97 plug in and it didnt work :P..well thx for reading...and ya i dont even know if this is the right forum for this question lol...thx anyways...peaCE and Love! :(

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

hi wats up..well i just have a question for you guys..becase some of you can probably answer it :o well first off my name is jude and i like to write movie scripts but i dont have a software i can use to write them easily..im using microsoft word 2003 and i have to do the script manually and it is pain in the butt because i have to type all the characters then their lines...any way i googled around and i found this one article that says that they have a script writing plugin for word but it is only for word 97..well if they had it in 97 they should have it now right????well i did try the 97 plug in and it didnt work :P..well thx for reading...and ya i dont even know if this is the right forum for this question lol...thx anyways...peaCE and Love! :o

Yes, there are add ons for MS Word that will make script formatting easier. You can find a list of them at this Web site.

I know that standalone scriptwriting programs are generally expensive - a friend of mine paid over $150 for Final Draft Pro (and that was with a very good student discount). The add ons for Word should be more reasonable.

Maybe Notepad+ could help you?
Notepad++ Homepage
ITs Open source so no money to pay :D it has many features for editing many documents at once in the same window etc etc
Im sure in that you could add the characters names at the start of each line with a couple of clicks..by default it has many programming languages that it can understand such as SQL..so if you type "Select" which as an SQL term it will highlight it in blue becasue it recognises it..im sure you can add new languages to it so you could make one called Scripts..then add your characters names in there...add them to the clipboard..and volia each time you come to a new line you could paste out the name out of the clipboard..and the persons name will also be highlighted into a different colour for ease of reading..

Hope this helps..

Mark420

Script writing programAny MS Word Plugin For Writing Movie Scripts ?

I have a MAC and I use CELTX. It's freeware, and works great for me so far. Lots of really helpful features!You can download it here-https://www.celtx.com/index.html

-reply by Jasmine