xisto Community
The Bob

Need For Speed Games pre-underground

What was your favorite need for speed titles that were released before the underground series hacked up the franchise?I enjoyed Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 and High Stakes the best.I also was a big fan of The need for speed MMORG, Need for Speed Motor City Online. I realy wish they hadent shut down the servers for that game as it was the best tuner game ever in my opinion. There were more parts in that game than you will find in GT4, NFSU2, and Forza combined. The only drawback was that you were limited to 50's and 60's cars only. My car was a Ford ranchero(called rustbucket ranchero). I had some nice stuff on it but mostly used or cheap parts so i would break or throw rods in evert race :( Twas nice though that people would think I had no power becouse the exterior looked like it was strait from the Junk yard. Too bad they never noticed the wheelie bars sticking out the back :(

ohh not sure, i allways used to play a certain title when i got home from school when i was younger cant remember wot it was! - certainly rubbish standards by the newer games that r being released now tho. I think it was released around 1997 or something... ah im not helping lolanyway NFSU:2 best!!!

i'm partial to the underground series, and i can't wait for part 3 to be out. all the same, the earlier NFS series was good in its time. my personal favorites were Hot Pursuit 2, High Stakes, and Porsche Unleashed. I liked the approach in NFS5 of going through the drivers training, racing without scratching your car, missions, etc. i think that's the one thing i don't like about the Underground. only in Drag races can you total your car. all the races should be as realistic as possible, IMO, and that means crash damage, getting knocked out of the race if your car is totaled, having to spend money between races to repair your car, repair the engine, tires wearing out, etc.i'm glad they're bringing back one of the core elements of NFS to Underground3. ----Police. The game loses its charm without them.

Im sorry but anyone that thinks the Underground series is the be all to end all in racing games has prolly never even played the series before Underground. There is litteraly nothing in underground that hasnt been introduced in other games in the series(besides things that are not important like vynals and light kits). In fact Underground 1 add practicly nothing to the series but a hip hop soundtrack(trendy) and ricers dream quick kits(also trendy). Not that U is a bad series, but its realy not much more than NFS has been since the 3rd game and up. I would much rather see them combine the U series with the exotics that Belong in the NFS games. Until then I will play U and to a lesser extent U2 but I will spend most of my time with the last true NFS game, HP2.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit that was :D Yeah I even remember I downloaded some software to modify 3d cars models and textures. I made some kick *bottom* tuning :P That was even more fun than Underground.

Need For Speed Underground 2 is way better!!! I only played NFS: Porsche Unleashed, NFSU & NFSU2. Out of the three I rank NFSU2, NFS5 then NFSU

how to convert files from nfs 3 to nfs underground Need For Speed GamesOk I got some nfs 3 cars and there all .Viv format what program do I need to use to convert them cause I want to convert both of my dmc deloreans and even some cars from other brands like nissian and toyota dodge christaller and lamborghini volxswagon and other brands so could I get some ideas on how to convert .Viv files to BIN files-reply by adam

The best NFS game I played so far was Hot Pursuit 2. After that the rest of the games somehow didn't feel so thrilling as before. And I think the series is slowly losing its popularity. They need a good comeback game soon. In the worst case that they don't come up with a good game soon, the series will anyway be remembered for being the best racing game series ever!

Issue with NFS games is that the graphics is ever demanding. With each release of NFS the requirement for graphics is going high up in the air. And this way me or the most of the people can't keep up with such high graphics games anymore. I don't know how other gamers manage to keep upgrading their cards everytime heavy graphics games launch.

The graphics problem is not just in the case of NFS. Nowadays almost every PC game requires the players to have a good graphics card without which they cannot play the game at all. On my PC only games which were released before 2006 work - the rest demand a graphics card! So game developers everywhere just assume that gamers will upgrade their systems as and when required. In any case, the graphics appeal in the games needs to be kept up so these requirements can't be helped. If gamers want good graphics they have to upgrade their system or else be satisfied with the old games because there is no other option (other than getting a console).So NFS doesn't have to concentrate just on graphics. The thrill is somehow missing in the new games. Or, maybe we've seen it all. Gamers are always looking for new content and that's the reason graphics can't make a best-selling game always!