xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Bob

Google Homepage

Google have come out with a new "thing" i guess. it's called Google home page

https://www.google.com/ig

it's for you to set up what you want and to set their page as your home page. If you have Gmail it can show you up to the last 9 emails that you have recieved, the word of the day, the weather for where you live(united states only), 9, or something like that, quotes of the day, and a whole heap more. After you customize it you can go to anybody's conputer and go to the site and open up your preferences, but you need a gmail account.

correction, you need a GOOGLE account, that's something different.A google account is just a normal google account without gmail access. Gmail accounts are just like google accounts + gmail accounts.

Google have come out with a new "thing" i guess. it's called Google home page

https://www.google.com/ig

it's for you to set up what you want and to set their page as your home page. If you have Gmail it can show you up to the last 9 emails that you have recieved, the word of the day, the weather for where you live(united states only), 9, or something like that, quotes of the day, and a whole heap more. After you customize it you can go to anybody's conputer and go to the site and open up your preferences, but you need a gmail account.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That looks pretty cool.. i guess. It's another google thing that looks pretty uselful

That's very cool...I can read my gmail, news and stock information in just one page.and you can use Drag and drop to rearrange the page (this is very cool function)However, I couldn't find any way to set it display local news.Is it for US only??Zip code is needed for whether and movie. US zip code only???

It is very nice thing from google. Just after seeing this thread I have set my homepage to it. Preview of Gmail is very good thing and it is working for me well. I don't know why it is not working for Tommy. But I think the weather and movies are for US only because they need ZipCode. I have entered my zip ( India) but it is not working.

great stuff, changed my homepage also. Gmailpersonalization offers: Stock MarketDowNasdaqNYSES&P 500Add a stock ticker: New York TimesShow storiesBBC NewsShow stories Google NewsShow stories WeatherZip code: Wired NewsShow stories SlashdotShow posts MoviesZip code: Driving Directions Quote of the DayShow quotes Word of the Day