xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Favourite Website Colour Favourite colour for a website

What is your favourite colour for a website background/theme?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I think that light colors are too bright for a computer screen. I like black backgrounds because I believe it gives your eyes a rest. I usually have blue, purple, or pink graphics/text, depends on the topic and the look that I am going for at the moment. For instance, my Hogwarts site is black, purple, and gold, while my dairy is black, blue, purple, and silver. My neopets guild site on the other hand, is black and maroon. So yeah, I'm a huge black background fan. I approve of dark colors. However I am not sayiong that light colors are a bad choice. They don't bother me during the daytime, although thats when I usually sleep so staring at a white screen at 2 in the morning is not very appealing to me. LoL!

I always use white colour for my background. I think it's an essential colour and an important one in web designing, maybe becuase typography looks good on a white background. A lot of professionally designed websites almost always use white background. It must be that it makes it easier to read on a white background.

I usually frequent with black when it comes to designing a website. However, black and dark greenish-blue shades are my favourite layout colors/shades. I also like different gray shades on black as well. I find that dark colors are much easier on the eyes. At night, bright-colored sites just irritate my eyes. I always tryw to take the user into consideration. :)

My Apple computer has a setting for people with vision problems which, when turned on, changes the monitor to black background with white lettering. Since Apple uses that for visually impaired computer users, I'd imagine they did a bit of research into what colors were best for people with problems.It is always good to consider visitors to one's site when selecting colors. I agree that blue is calming. The hot neon colors are exciting and can be used for grabbing attention.

I'm not gay or anything but I really like the way pink looks on a site. With a light-drak shade, and light shade of grey.. It's readable.. Pink could be replaced wiht another colour.. (depending on what your site's about).

As for me, I prefer light blue or grey as a color for a website. Green is also good. In my opinion, the worst colors are ones that are bright like red, yellow, etc. Those colors hurt peoples' eyes and discourages visitors from returning, or at the very least, checking out your site.Color is definitely an important aspect of a website, needless to say.

Sometimes very light colors can hurt you eyes. I'll like to have a dark shade with contrasting text color.
I use various shades of blue when I design my site. If you want some color schemes go to
http://www.colourlovers.com/
That's a great site. Check the most popular color schemes. You can get an idea what colors pleases people most. I found some cool schemes for minimalistic css designs from that site.

Sometimes very light colors can hurt you eyes. I'll like to have a dark shade with contrasting text color.

Not colors like light blue. That is true for colors like yellow, though.

lol well i like more of a pattern for a website but if it came down to a color i like greens there eyegrabbers

I'd have to disagree on that idea. Background patterns with those hippie-ish swirls just makes people want to click the back button.
Speaking of colors, I find that webmasters are actually wasting their time coding new layouts all the time. If I were you, I'd make one really good layout and stick with that. Apparently most people focus too much on the layout rather than content. All too frequently, the latter ends up making people want to gouge their eyes out.

To sum it all up in a nutshell, focus more on content instead of reveling around the layout.

Speaking of colors, I find that webmasters are actually wasting their time coding new layouts all the time. If I were you, I'd make one really good layout and stick with that. Apparently most people focus too much on the layout rather than content. All too frequently, the latter ends up making people want to gouge their eyes out.

I agree with you. But it's not too bad to design a new layout from sometime to time not every time. It let's you to experiment with your creativity. I design themes for wordpress. When I get fed with my current theme I'll pack it as a download and design a new one. It will get the same treatment as the one before. The nice thing is to have a theme switcher with some themes different from each other. Like a minimal theme and a colorful theme with some nice images.

I tend to like a blend of white and grey, it looks clear and stylish. I've also been to a few sites that looks great in an orange theme.

Orange and grey looks cool on a white background.