xisto Community
ebbinger_413

Finally Finished That Site With New Template uploaded and all check it out

here is BLUE WAFFLE DOT COM not finished completly (still got a bunch more stuff to add) but for the most part it is complete. the main page is done! there are about 6-9 games that are uploaded and i am working on getting the flash videos and pictures up and working. i am also working on a flash intro (one that will only load up the very first time you visit site - so you dont have to keep skipping) but that might take a couple more weeks seeing as my computer freezes every time i do a tween...

let me know what you think ! :D :D :D

...for those of you who dont know that my sig has the link - here is the link (i suppose most of you dont know anyways - my bad me srry)

blue waffle dot com

quite a nice template...would like to see it when its completely done for now i would give it a rating of about "5" (but whose asking me) keep up the good work and I will check back on your site soon..

Two Points of Criticism:The scrolling date is unreadable. It should be a mild-light grey or just plain white.The flash buttons only work if you get the whole text part, rather than the whole area of the button. Also, the sound loops and loops and loops if you hold the mouse on the button. Gets kind of annoying.

It's looking good. Did you make the template yourself or get it off the net? If you made it yourself, then great job. One problem I saw was that your buttons only work when you hover over the text. That can be a pain sometimes. I think the header looks really nice. Great job, keep up the good work.

I don't usually push a website of my own, but this templating stuff it kind of different to me. The easiest way to set up a Professional Web Site is to have a Content Management System like PHP-Nuke or Post Nuke or XOOP. To see what a real working site looks like using about 15 MEG of disc space (not including database, which is unlimited, at least on my host)

You will give up the amatuer stuff and start with a professionally designed CMS that you control through the admin panel via the internet realtime without taking down the site of having imcomplete content.

Get Real and get a CMS. Get NukeXtra (my own PHP-Nuke versions) just go to my download section and download a fully functional website, all you have to do is read the simple install instruction included with the downloads...this is not an Xisto site this is my main site that is undergoing reconstruction but is fully functional to the end user.

You folks might find this a site that you use as a favorite and or bookmark! The link is right here at NukeXtra where I go beyound the template and study and all that...you get aworking site with the ability to add modules, add on and of course Ported MODS that I write...this can only be found at my site, to find out what I say try doing a Google search for PHP-Nuke. :D

Steve DeMarcus

Owner/Administrator and Webmaster

NukeXtra

It is not finished till it is finished. If it were finished that means it is complete, you have merely finished some steps of the process, a web site is never "finished" unless you are dead.

It is imcomplete with the links and what not...

You should have stated that you just finished uploading an imcomplete site with limited content that is under construction...WHY

GET Nuked TODAY my stuff works right out of the BOX

NukeXtra

It’s good you have the knowledge and know how Houdini but at some point in your learning you did not even know what HTML stood for.Stop beating on others who try and feel good about it!

thanks for all the comments

first of all lets answer some of those questions

one...no it isnt my template :D (i am making my own seperate from this one, this one i got from webtemplateszone.com)

second, i cant edit the buttons (the whole banner is flash and the template download didnt come with the .fla file only the .swf - so i cant fix it) btw i dont know what browser your using but in ie 5 and mozilla it doesnt have any problems...at least for me

third, yes only having the text linked sux...but as i said i cant fix that

i will keep you guys updated on updates on my newly updated updatably updatable website.....especially when i finish MY template

thanks for the comments