xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
halo2krew

Ps Or Psp

Professionals will probably use PS over PSP. It's the industry standard tools but it come at a cost. Average consumer don't really need a tool as powerful as PS. A good shareware is sometimes more than enough.

i really dont understand.. the reason you are comparing both the software is because you actually dont know the possibilties or the power or the extent of graphics you can create with photoshop, to me you can even compare them.anyway, if you are an average pc goer with needs like red eye reduction and stuff,, go for PSP, but if yer like me and do a lot of image editing, processing and creating, then there IS NO alternative to photoshop, i can live without it anymore. i am sort of addicted, because i do so much of image editing every day, its become more of a part of life,If money is the matter, then forget photshop, anyway, it takes almost a year or a good year and a half of fooling around with to get used to the photshop's advanced but simple and slick working environment....just my .02$ :oTariq

I'd definitely prefer Adobe Photoshop over JASC Paint Shop Pro hands down. Here are my reasons why:

1) Adobe Photoshop is the original product!!

Adobe Photoshop was created by the people at animation company Pixar (I found this out while researching Maya for a Computer Animation project thing). PS was first used as their in-house image editing software (most computer animation companies make their own software and keep it secret), then they decided to market it - and thank god they did! JASC merely copied the entire Adobe Photoshop interface and moved buttons and options around, adding a couple of not-that-useful features like ghastly-looking picture frames.

2) Adobe Photoshop is the Industry-Standard

If you want to make graphics professionally anywhere in the world, you NEED to at least know how to use Adobe Photoshop.

3) Adobe Photoshop is comprehensive (easy to use)

Having used both PS and PSP, I'd have to say that Photoshop is much easier to use. If you're just switching over from PSP you probably won't think so, but give it a few weeks - you soon realise there's just soo much more you can do with PS than with PSP. Functions and options are logically located and easy to find in PS - there's even a comprehensive tutorial/guide that comes with the program.

So go Adobe. Don't Compromise! :P

This should be in the Photoshop forum.Photoshop is better, hands down. It's loaded with features that make it literally infinite in what it does. PSP has its limits, believe me.

This should be in the Photoshop forum.

yes it must be !!!

I used to use PaintShopPro before i discover PhotoShop , but now i never use PSP is very bad prog , evry times errors . but when i discover PS i have Uninstall PSP , because the PS is more powerfull and there are mor tols than PSP specialy in the Adobe PS CS2 , is the most powerfull , and is bettest !!!!! just i like it !!!!!

Adobe Systems If you use images to communicate or gather and analyze information, then download a FREE trial of the new Adobe Photoshop CS2 software and experience the power first-hand. Whether youre simply retouching or optimizing an image or building complex composites or animations, youll have the power and precision you need for superior results.

New features include simplified file handling with Adobe Bridge, revolutionary Vanishing Point, Multiple Layer Control, Smart Objects, Multi-image Raw Processing, Image Warp, Advanced Noise Reduction, 32-bit High Dynamic Range Support, Customizable Workspaces and Menus, Spot Healing Brush, One-click Red-eye correction. Make your vision a reality. Learn more about Adobe Photoshop CS2 and try it now for free.

To answer this question you really need to know what you want to do with your graphics program.If you are doing print graphics then there is no question, PS is what you need. It has almost endless possibilites as to what you can do with it, if you are prepared to take the time and experiment. It is without doubt, the program for the professional graphic artist. It is expensive, but it is very good.If you are doing screen based graphics where the resolution is much lower, somewhere around 79 dpi I think, then PSP will suffice. I have been making screen based graphics for web sites for a while and I find PSP produces results just as good as PS in this area. I personally find it easier to use than PS, but that's probably only because I am more familiar with PSP than PS. Because I am not a professional, price is also an important factor to me, PSP wins hands down in that department. Sure PSP has a few useless tools such as those god awful picture frames, but all in all I find it does everything I need, especially when you have a good collection of filters to go with it.I have a few graphics programs on my computer, PS, PSP, Fireworks, Corel Draw and few others I use for animated graphics, I use all of them from time to time, but I keep finding myself coming back to PSP as my main graphics program.So I say use the program appropriate for your use and budget, be that PS or PSP.

Umm, i began using Psp, but then i ran out of the 30 day trial and begin using ps. Although Ps is like, bigger, it really awsome. It's got tons of greater features then psp in my view. I can make much more cooler design in Ps and its linked to imageready to help me create animation, so i would prefer ps over psp.

hehe, just looking at the title of this topic, i thought it was about playstations...anyway, i use the gimp so this does not concern me much, but i would assume that the pro version would be the same as the non-pro but you get more features....