xisto Community
rapco

Antivirus Slows Down Your PC? norton does...

Yea I installed System Works 2004 on my computer, with the antivirus on my computer runs slower, so I leave it off. Also when I installed the Windows Service Pack II, it slowed my computer down aswell. So I had to uninstall that. Try using a browser such as Firefox, it will protect your computer from virus's. Also under a firewall you're also protected.

Use nod32 antivirus if u have some reallt slow pc's .. good and Least resource taking firewall/av combo according ot me isNod32+Look'n'stop firewall or jetico firewallAnd if u have top notch computer thanKaspersky av+ Sygate firewallalong with log of spyware scanners

so.. norton people, accpet the challenge!!!!!!!Unistall you NORTON and install any other antivirus (in this topic some have recommended some..)Test you pc for one week... o yeah, before doing it..1. Count how much time does your pc take to start, to shutdown, to open your webbrowser, etc.. all the common things you do....2. After unistalling it, take the time again3. After installing the NEW antivirus, take the times againg...COMPARE FOR YOURSELVES!

I used to use Norton for years. It's terrible. Not only does it add a whole bunch of memory-sucking processes, it scans incredibly slowly, doesn't update as often as other products, and is very hard to totally remove. I now use AVG Free. It scans quickly, without slowing my entire system down, and gets updates daily. It's also free.

I have used Norton Systemworks from 2000 to 2005 versions. I had only minimum performance differences when Norton was installed and when was not...Now my PC runs Norton Internet Security 2005. And it's fine. No lag no slow down.So maybe the problem is with other programs preferences and options. Maybe more than one firewall is turned on or something...P.S I always keep my Windows XP an Norton up to date, what means I use SP2 with Norton Internet security firewall.

I have used norton for a while now at work, and I have only had one problem on one PC, and that was fixed when I went through and edited the settings it was running at...In all the research that I have done, Norton has had mixed reviews, Some say it will slow hyour comp down, others say that it won't. The choice is the individual users to decide.And a note from a moderator, lets keep the yelling to a minimum, or this whole thread will be locked, and moved. We try to keep a very open place to visit, and the Yelling, and bolding all make it very unwelcoming sometimes....Thanks, -William

And a note from a moderator, lets keep the yelling to a minimum, or this whole thread will be locked, and moved. We try to keep a very open place to visit, and the Yelling, and bolding all make it very unwelcoming sometimes....

wwheeler, i went back to check the messages, and i noticed that it was me the one yelling and stuff. Your right, i didn't noticed before, and i'll stop doing it. The worst of it, is that that's my posting style, i didn't realize i made topic "unwelcoming".... I apologize with those offended

i want to make this clear, i'm not against Norton Antivirus... i just don't like it on my pcs.

Well i don't if Nortor make your computer slow. But if try any new antivirus, my computer become really slow. Because i have an old computer with 64 mb ram and windows ME. But i must use a new antivirus, because there are so may virus out there. So i decided to use a one year trial EZ Antivirus. It's work really great.

I currently use ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.0 Beta and it's a beauty. I've used Norton, Panda, BitDefender, McAfee and other AntiVirus and this one doesn't hog up your CPU. If you're interested I could possibly hook you up. Email or IM me. :lol:

RobertVanHagar, ley me remind you that you could get in trouble for giving up non-free software...And, personally, ZoneAlarm, well, i tried it out some years ago, and i didn't like it, i assume they have improved their software a lot since then... so i guess it should be ok.And wwheeler, i'm waiting for a respond. Waht do u think of this way of posting, is it ok with the "moderator"?