xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Glockmeister1405241492

Keo - A Time Capsule

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KEO

Keo is a time capsule planned to be launched into space next year, and will come back.to Earth in 50,000 years time. It was first conceieved by a French artist-scientist, Jean-Marc Philippe. They are now inviting people to write messages.

http://www.keo.org/uk/pages/message.php

Its something cool that 50,000 years time, someone will open your message and read, basically the past.

I wonder which lucky person's drop of blood will get to go in the time capsule? I'm sure by then they'll have perfected some sort of cloning procedure to use the blood's DNA to "grow" a primitive ancestor of the Human race (us) :) And they'd better make sure whoever donates the blood is clean of any viral infections... I can see it now:Scientist #1: "Hurray! All forms of disease have been completely wiped from the face of the earth!! Now we have no need for immune systems! "Scientist #2: "Ok, we are opening the capsule from 50,000 years ago..."Scientist #1: "Oh what the? *cough cough* NO! NOOOOO!!!!!"*Human population dead from the common cold within 48 hours*But then again, I have doubts the human race will last that long. I'm sure we'll blow ourselves up or die of pollution or a meteor crash or something before that time capsule ever gets back home :)

Scientist #1: "Hurray! All forms of disease have been completely wiped from the face of the earth!! Now we have no need for immune systems! "Scientist #2: "Ok, we are opening the capsule from 50,000 years ago..."
Scientist #1: "Oh what the? *cough cough* NO! NOOOOO!!!!!"
*Human population dead from the common cold within 48 hours*

Lol, that is funny.. Maybe they should put some blood from endangered animals in.. Perhaps they'll be able to reconstruct the animal from blood cells in future. Sort of like they did Jurassic Park..

Well that sounds like a good idea, if earth is still gonna be around for another 50,000 years. I certainly think technology is gonna kill earth before we reach 10,000years... But thats just me... I saw terminator again yesterday, and the more I think about it, the more I believe it is true... We are beginning to be more and more dependent on technology, soon the computers are going to rule the world... I just hope we think of a way to prevent that from happening before its too late.Chin Chin..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KEO

Keo is a time capsule planned to be launched into space next year, and will come back.to Earth in 50,000 years time. It was first conceieved by a French artist-scientist, Jean-Marc Philippe. They are now inviting people to write messages.

http://www.keo.org/uk/pages/message.php

Its something cool that 50,000 years time, someone will open your message and read, basically the past.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey then I'd be history! :)

The people then will probably not even able to read our language :)It would be regarded as a message from outer space, as nobody remembers that this was actually fired from earth...Then someone would put the blood under a DNA-scanner, and found the shocking truth: very close similarities between their and the blood's DNA. Conclusion: this must have come from here.Then massive archeological projects would start and they would find New york ruins, pieces of the eifeltower, churches, manuscripts, inscriptions, tombstones, etc. Wondrous was this kin, that walked the earth before us! They have tamed the land and it's animals!Hear now the sad story of how such a high-standard civilation came to end...(I'll leave that for later :))

The people then will probably not even able to read our language :)

It would be regarded as a message from outer space, as nobody remembers that this was actually fired from earth...

Then someone would put the blood under a DNA-scanner, and found the shocking truth: very close similarities between their and the blood's DNA. Conclusion: this must have come from here.

Then massive archeological projects would start and they would find New york ruins, pieces of the eifeltower, churches, manuscripts, inscriptions, tombstones, etc.

Wondrous was this kin, that walked the earth before us! They have tamed the land and it's animals!

Hear now the sad story of how such a high-standard civilation came to end...

(I'll leave that for later :))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There language is most likely to be similar to us. 50,000 years isn't a long time.

and if it just lands in the middle of the ocean somewhere... all that wait for nothing... and..50,000 years is a long time...im quite sure the they would be able to figer it out though.. being that if we are still around we would be way smarter.. unless of course we destroy our selves and have to build up everything again... in which case no one might notice if a tiny little capsule comes falling from spaceand even if they do who is to say they would be smart enough to care..

OOOOOoooo sounds like fun but what to put in something like that I guess random stuff that is important I guess. I guess art work would be a good thing to place in but I really wander if anyone will be around to open it if they have wiped themselves out or if they have had to leave Earth for another because they have ruined it and if they are still here I wonder what it would be like.....that really just opens up more questions that can't be answered at the moment (SIGH) there I go again :D

50,000 years seem a bit too long... Humans would be lucky to survive another 10,000 years. Unless, the time capsule is meant for future life forms unlike humans. Then, it'd be interesting to see what would happen.Hmm, would the capsule get polluted in space all that time, and become an atomic bomb? Then, when it lands, it might destroy the entire civilization living in the future. :D

I'm a bit late to the topic, but it's just because I'm from the future.

the time capsule is coming to earth, it's going to his us hard in a week!!

ourScientiests with ZIGMA-Ray telescope have discovered that the timeCapsule is infected with co2 from your era. We managed to get rid ofGreenhouse gases completely, and our plants had droped out aCharacteristic of consuming co2 as food. Now it's poisonous to ourBioforms. 

DON'T send a time capsule!! I hope I'm not too late.

ICan't go back to future, because I'm here with time machine, and it'sNot supposed to be here in 2009, so now it's not going to be working inThe future, so now it's gone.

all is pretty darn like in a history movies, but it's not!

WHeeeT:@!

-reply by jonukas