xisto Community
rhodesian.dragon

Adobe Buys Macromedia

This topic was brought to my attention last Thursday at school and I just wanted to know what was everyone's opinion about Adobe buying out Macromedia?

There will be good and bad things about this merger.

Like for example with less companies competing with Adobe, this may mean that Adobe products will rise in prices :P , and become less innovative :P . However on the other hand this could mean that some standards could be developed for products like HTML editing and stuff like that. So what is everyone else's opinion on this topic? :P

Click here to read some information about the merger.

This topic was brought to my attention last Thursday at school and I just wanted to know what was everyone's opinion about Adobe buying out Macromedia?

There will be good and bad things about this merger.

Like for example with less companies competing with Adobe, this may mean that Adobe products will rise in prices  :P , and become less innovative :P . However on the other hand this could mean that some standards could be developed for products like HTML editing and stuff like that. So what is everyone else's opinion on this topic?  :P

Click here to read some information about the merger.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't like the idea personnely, and yet it makes so much business sense.

I always considered Adobe to be a PDF type company and Macromedia to be the graphics company and the company that i have always liked more. Theres not really a reason I like it more I suppose then that I just started using Macromedia products before Adobe.

We'll see if Adobe puts out Go Live and takes Dream Weaver off the market, but that would probably be one of the most significant changes is what the company sells.

Personally I think all the buyout will do is broaden the spread of Adobe's products. Immediately, this will result in an extension of revenues, to the company, while reducing the cost of competition. Also, this buyout will also bring a mix of technology into both firms, putting in place a lot more technical knowhow and software innovation techneques into both forms.. thus making both Adobe as well as Macromedia software stronger.... As with most mergers and take-overs.. Adobe will direct Macromedia products to grow at the same rate of progress that the brand products have been doing so .. all the while flushing in extra technology.. and vice-a-versa.. back into the Adobe fold.. Result--- better products over both the brands' range.. Another thing, there'll be a bigger pool of 'mind power' for the firm to dig into... bringing about a larger spread of innovation in current and new products.. from the consumer's point.. I do believe that Adobe will actually bring down the pricing model to reflect the highly decreased competition cost.. although not by too much because there are a bunch of other companies out there, waiting on the sidelines to tear a chunk out of the market share.. so... competitive pricing.. great products.. !!

Adobe bought out Macromedia, when did that happen :P I am so out of it when it come to stuff happening like this.This probably won't be a bad thing, if anything it will just make Adode products better not to metion a stronger company as well, and maybe with less compitition lower some prices on their products.....I hope

i personaly really didnt like it. when i first heard about it i got really madi use both adobe a macromedia products and like them for there differences...but perhaps it will turn out to be a good thing...guess we can say goodbye to fireworks (never liked that) perhaps freehand too...im done..

I've never been able to go from Photoshop to Flash without losing something of the visual effect that I wanted. I think this will help. I'm glad and can't wait till they put out something to help with this.

I don't like Adobe products, I hate these "flying" menus. But .... i think it really doesn't matter if we like this fusion or not. Adobe doesn't take over Macromedia for creating nicer software or cheaper programs, they do it for one reason only: making more money! (See how MACR stock quotes rose up since the message that Adobe eats them.) So let's wait and see what happens. Perhaps one day Microsoft will buy Adobe. :)

I've never been able to go from Photoshop to Flash without losing something of the visual effect that I wanted.  I think this will help.  I'm glad and can't wait till they put out something to help with this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly! I know for a fact that this will make alot of flash users i know happy. Most people start off using Adobe products, rather than macromedia, so when they finally turn to programs like Flash, its really confusing and overwhelming. Alot of people use illustrator and then transfer the files into flash, even though flash has a similar function to illustrator's ever-famous 'pen tool'. Now that Adobe bought macromedia out, they'll improve the tools and settings to resemble more of the typical 'adobe' settings. People will be less intimidated when using it. I, for one, would have liked that to begin with.

I think someone said it's merely a scheme for more money... well, yeah. But to get more money, the product needs to become as user-friendly and easy-to-use as possible. They're going to have to put a lot of effort into changing the settings to suit both the adobe AND traditional macromedia styles. It's for the best, I say.

And besides, did you know that the very original photoshop wasnt even created by adobe? Yeah. And look what happened, everyone whos even remotely anyone in this industry knows the great 'Photoshop'. It's all Adobe.

It's not a devestating drama, people.

Wow If this thing goes on .. Adobe will become A Huge Giant in this Industry..! And Macromedia wont give so easily.! adobe will have to pay Lots of money to get that.! I wonder why cant Microsoft Buy Adobe inc? If it buys that .! It will become a tale of Fishes.! And Microsoft will Start Integrating Photoshop n Acrobat in Windows then.! Dumping their Ugly Ms Paint .! LOLAnywayz Looking forward what will happen.! I guess Macromedia Wont sell ! As its doing well at market.! If in losses that may Give up.!Anywayz Bro nice info there!

oh no! I like macromedia :P I don't really like adobe though... Why can't they be two seperate little companies? I would rather that. I don't think macromedia would sell without having being offered an extreme amount of money. Lots of people buy their Flash MX to make flash sites. Well, I jsut don't agree with this idea. I would rather them stay seperate or join together with microsoft to make: admacsoft

I don't like the idea, macromedia as a whole other thing. Let them want to take out each other. They have to lower prices and make new options to earn money. So that's positive.

Your whole post is a bit confusing. anyways as to the whole idea i dont really like it again either. im very fond of flash, dreamweaver and fireworks. they have this great intuitive user friendly interface that really easy to use. I dont think Adobe GoLive can compete with dreamweaver either. But then again you mentioned someting about them going together with microsoft. i dont think that would be very good. id rather have them merge with adobe than microsoft. anyways that all my input on this. please be more specific and clear next time you post something like this.