xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Google Toolbar do you use Google Toolbar?

Just wondering, do you use Google Toolbar? For me>>>

I have IE with only one Toolbar line (including Google) at the top.
I am not sure how I compressed them: drag and drop somehow.
I use ALT-(left arrow) as my Back button, so I don't need Standard Buttons.
(As a test, I have just re-added Standard Buttons, and I still only have one line of toolbars. Go figure.)

For me Google Toolbar has a few uses:

1) Popup blocker (great)
2) Quick way to search, rather than go to Google's main page
3) Search a Website, rather than whole web (great)
4) Click my search term to go to where that term is on the page
5) Highlight my search terms (makes it easy to find multiple instances)
6) Link to language translation tool (I play games on a site where there are a few Italians)

Have you tried http://www.bing.com/ ?
It did a much better trawl of my website than Google.
So it might be the better search tool.
But the ability to highlight my search terms with Google, means that I use Google more. :rolleyes:

I don't download and use Google Toolbar because I use Mozilla Firefox as my main browser. Firefox has a built in search function in the top right hand corner of the navigational area, you can search not just Google, but also Yahoo, Amazon, Ebay and many other search engine easily via there. Also, Firefox has a built-in pop-up blocker already.

use the Googlebar because it has many more features than the built in google search field. I have removed the built in field and compressed the remaining toolbars so I have at top the menu and the personal toolbar items (mostly webdev bookmarklets) and the Gmail extension. The next toolbar has the basic browser buttons Back Forward Reload Home History Print. I then have the Googlebar that is customized to include a Canadian sites search. Finally below that I have the Web Developer Extension toolbar. The 4 lines take up about 55 px height added to the minimum 70px for just two rows (assuming using the small icon sizes)I find it is very useful to move items between toolbars (for example putting the personal toolbar items on the menu toolbar rather than on a toolbar by themselves. :rolleyes:

I stick with Firefox and some special extentions for it. It does wonders for me with ads, searches, text proccesing, email and many other great functions. Overall I hate toolbar add-ons because they clog up my net surfing view of web pages. If I used IE, chances are I would install Google Toolbar because of its pop-up blocker!

Well, I figured I'd give the Google Toolbar a try :rolleyes: I installed it on FireFox, it's not that bad. But I do think it slows my browsing down, or at least the amount of memory taken up by FF is what's causing the slowness. What I do LIKE about the toolbar, is the ability to highlight a full post and hit "search selected text" and then I can easily find copied posts :) A moderator's best friend LOL. So that is my only reason for keeping the toolbar. It makes my job a lil easier. :)

I cannot see the google toolbar slowing down your system. Are you talking about the google desktop search? The one that sits on your desktop and you can search your whole PC as well as the web?Whenever I use IE I have the toolbar installed and never noticed a slow down due to the toolbar. :) __________________

I think the google toolbar is the best toolbar out of all of them for IE. The pop-up blocker feature is really useful for annoying pop-ups and it has so many useful functions and buttons that can be used for you needs. Also the search bar is good if you want to just type in words very quickly without going to google.

Google bar or any other toolbar like Yahoo or MSN are not for me because I am on firefox and the little search on top right corner is enough for me. I could not congest my web browser space so I hate tool bars. I have also customized my firefox so that only one toolbar is there in my broswer.