xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spistols678

Need Help With PHP-Nuke Themes Help Please.

I was wondering how you install the themes into PHP-Nuke. I know its a stupid question but i tried to do it myself and it always said it couldn't locate the images whenever I previewed the theme on my site.

idk much about that program...i should prolly look into it...from what i found on the internet it sounds great...

but i suggest that you try php-nukes website, you might be able to get what you need there...if i find anything else ill let you know

Okay, download the theme you want.Unzip the theme into its own file.If your themes name is Sunset, then uploade the entire Sunset directory including the Sunset filefolder to the server. Make sure that you upload the file to the Themes directory. (Probably public_html\php-nuke\Themes)So, you should have something like thi http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ /php-nuke /admin /images /includes /themes /DeepBlue /Odyssey /Sunset /Traditional /Your-New-Theme-Here /index.phpHope this helps some. :rolleyes: vujsa

Okay, download the theme you want.

Unzip the theme into its own file.

If your themes name is Sunset, then uploade the entire Sunset directory including the Sunset filefolder to the server.  Make sure that you upload the file to the Themes directory. (Probably public_html\php-nuke\Themes)

So, you should have something like this:

/public_html

/php-nuke

/admin

/images

/includes

/themes

/DeepBlue

/Odyssey

/Sunset

/Traditional

/Your-New-Theme-Here

/index.php

Hope this helps some.  :rolleyes:

vujsa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great advice, but you forgot to mention that he is going to need an FTP manager like Smart FTP. Its almost impossible to do it with the file manager that comes with Cpanel. By the way, consider trying XOOPS instead of phpnuke. Its much better! :)

All images are contained within the PHP-Nuke theme folder itself, perhaps you would do better to use the PHP-Nuke HOWTO HERE

or you could also try the Nuke Idiots Guide HERE

In the PHP-Nuke root folder you will find the following folders: includes, themes, modules, admin and blocks, and if you have any special addons other folders, but these are the main ones. Any theme you have downloaded must be placed in the themes folder, and new modules you download should then go into...the modules folder and the same with any block you have downloaded. To see your new theme, it can be done in one of to ways the first one most preferable which is to go to your account and if not logged in then log in and click the themes selection drop down box, you should now see the new theme that you downloaded amoung all the others. Select it and the page will now refresh with your new theme. You can also go into theAdminstration Control Panel for the PHP-Nuke and select Preferences then select the default theme for your site, if you choose your new theme it will be the theme that all users see when they access your site but are not members and are not yet logged in, if however they are currently logged in or they access your site and have checked the remember me option the site will present the theme that they have selected in their Your Account options, and since your theme is new they will not know about it so you might want to wrtie a little new article letting them know about it and at least give it a try.