xisto Community
FearfullyMade

Do You Program/code Your Own Games What games have you made?

Hey all!

I was wondering what kinds of games you all have made or are working on right now. I'm also interested in what languages/software you used to make them.

The most recent game I've made is Cannon Wars. It is a 3-D artillery game, similar to Scorched 3D. You control the angle and power of your gun and try to blow the other players up. After a lot of work I was able to add network support so you can play with people over a LAN. It also has a primitive Ai so that you can play against computer players.

I wrote it in C++ and used Directx for the graphics, sound, some of the input, and networking. It took a lot of headaches and late nights to make it. Altogether it took me a little less than six months to finish.

Out of all the programs I've ever made, Cannon Wars is my favorite and the one I'm most proud of.

Why don't you put up your game somewhere and provide a download link in here ? That'll be cool :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's part of the reason why I came to this community, I'm wanting the web space to make I site about my games. Until I get it up here is a small temporary page that I put the game (and I couple other things I've made) on. If anyone gives it a try be sure to let me know what you think.

I use RPG Maker 2000 to make my games, but they suck so i never finish them.

I know what you mean. Before I finished Cannon Wars there were many games that I started but then gave up on. Out of the many games I've started, Cannon Wars was the first one that I actually finished.

Not counting a silly question game I made using Prolog for a school assignment, I've made one 'real' game. I'm an RPG girl, so that's the type of game I like to make. My brother and I made this awesome RPG using RPG Maker for the playstation. Actually, the game wasn't that awesome, it was pretty terrible.....but it had its moments of brilliance. I think that RPG Maker is a nice little program to start out with for someone with no prior programming experience. For the RPG we're currently working on, we plan on using RPG Maker 2K3 for PC, since its more versatile and will allow for easier test playing among our team. The programming stage won't be for a while though. We want to have the entire storyline as well as most of the dialogue and sidequests planned out in advance before we start into the technical stuff. That was what was most lacking in our previous RPG, and we're determined not to repeat that mistake.

I don't consider myself a game programmer at all. In fact, I don't consider myself a programmer. However, I'm currently in the process of learning programming (and thus, I'm browsing the programming forums to see what info I can absorb).One of the toughest projects I've worked on so far was Chess in Java. No, there wasn't an AI. No, the game was not 100% bug-free. No, the game wasn't made individually (I was in a group of three).However, it was a fun experience nonetheless. The game works properly in about 90% of fully-played games, which means that an glitch occurs every several hundred moves. Even then, the glitch is merely a little box that pops up when it's not supposed to, and is easily dismissed.Lessons learned: Games are tougher to make than they seem, gameplay is the most fun part of a game to code (though most frustrating), and Java was not designed for the dedicated game programmer.I only hope that one day I'll know how DirectX works. And I guess learning more C/C++ wouldn't hurt.

I just started creating games, but I have created:1. Snake Clone - QBasic2. Bomberman Clone - QBasic3. Black Jack - Visual Basic4. Space Shooter - Flash5. Pong Recreation - FlashI also have many unfinished and games that were horrible failures!So far I like making games in flash, but I plan on learning C++ and DirectX over this year to create some games with more depth.

Well not including this really *person* game i made in RPG maker, I have completed one game; Pong Remake! Haha. Anyways I did say completed. I have tiny bits of programs I had been working on scattered all over my computer. Just a tip if you start programming; STAY ORGANIZED. Also you will need to plan your projects out first, otherwise they will fail. That is what happened to the majority of mine.

Well I made pretty much games, but I lost a lot of them because my father reïnstalled the computer. *sniff* :) :) . The last game I made was Alien Invasion, a Mario-like game but instead of monsters you had to kill worldleaders like Bush (almost similar to monsters, sorry for that). Maybe i'll post a download link and some screenshots later.

I've started a load of Projects, I just havn't finished them all yet. I've made:

Lots of Flight Simlators

Space Simulators

FPSs (Mainly S.A.S games and the gulf war)

This one I'm working on now. A really addictive yet simple game

And loads more..

I'm not bothered if I don't finish them. I am a game developer but I get the most fun out of just making them. You find the game you like and is right, and you'll keep on making it. Never be put off if you get bored of one and stop.

How did u ??

Do You Program/code Your Own Games

How did you connected two PC using c++ can you e-mail the code Please..

How did you use the sound and graphics and what direct X?? code Please...

-question by Sarwesh Suman

Do you have any of those FPS's done? If you do, you should try to send me the code. send me your best one if you can.

Maybe not simply send to Mike? Rather share with us in the current topic?