xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Twistie

Best Browser? Which one do you like the best?

Which of the Browsers do you like the best?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just love Firefox...lost of extension... tab browser..and cross palfrom

Never heard of most of these, I'd have to say either Opera or Netscape. Heck, I'm a Netscaper, hands down. I think it's better than Firefox, it's already pre-tabbed, too/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read this and understand.

Netscape's non-corporate development

Netscape was the gold standard for browsers in the '90s, and now it's climbing back to the top on the shoulders of Mozilla. Recent versions of Netscape were based on the Mozilla browser, and the new Netscape 8.0 is a fancy version of Mozilla Firefox.

In case you're wondering how all this works, Netscape, which is owned by AOL, is an investor in the Mozilla project. In return, it gets to build its browsers based on the Mozilla code. This arrangement works well for Mozilla developers, giving them the resources to write good code with no corporate strings attached. Netscape also wins, as it wraps some corporate extras around Mozilla's efforts, resulting in what is essentially a heavier version of Firefox.

This arrangement demonstrates how true innovation may best occur outside a corporate environment. I can't help but wonder about this kind of application in other industries. For example, what if car companies funded independent labs that didn't have to think about things like demographics? Our cars would probably have the handling of a Ferrari and get the mileage of a Toyota Prius. That's an arrangement I could live with.

Wayne Cunningham

Senior Editor, CNET Download.com

I am a Mozilla Firefox user who thinks Opera can do better if it is open source with an adblocking feature and Camino 0.8 is the alternative Mac OS X browser to Mozilla Firefox so I don't think it should be a choice in this poll.

Firefox,we've discussed this too many times. It's becoming quite useless now, please twistie, these things are discussed so many times, think of another way to make usefull posts :P

I love Firefox because of its general layout and user friendliness. I think the worst browser I have seen is the one that AOL users must use... it is very annoying and in my opinion hard to deal with. It also does not allow you to go to the sites of their competitors. :rolleyes: I also like Safari (the Apple browser) because it is very fast and also has a nice, user-friendly layout. When a website won't work on Firefox, I use Safari!!!

I actually use the SBC browser.. but that's because that's the service my dad bought..if I had a choice, I would choose Firefox because we used it once and it much faster loading times and using it was easy

Opera takes it, Caderay ("Internet Exploror will always be the best for me. Netscape comes in a close second. ") you dont really like IE right? do you know how buggy and how easy it is to get spy ware and trojans.... opera has built in protection

I use FireFox, even though I have checked Galeon here :). In Windows, I have tested IE, Opera, Netscape (which I used for a long time), Mozilla (used that one for a while too) and FireFox (oh and Avant, which is just an IE shell). I found FireFox the most user friendly, however the looks of Mozilla, Netscape and Firefox are very similar, if you use one, you can easily switch to the others. Of all the browsers I've tried I hated IE the most, since I stopped using it, spyware, adaware, viruses and popups are very very limited :rolleyes: In Linux, I've tried again Mozilla, Konqueror, Galeon, Netscape, Lynx and a few that slipped my mind. So I can honestly say I've tried many :) I have to say that I prefered Galeon and Lynx in Linux. Even over Netscape and Mozilla. I never used their built in email and irc client. I used Evolution (and I wish I could get it for windows too - I'd switch from ThunderBird to Evolution) and Xchat. For the record, this is about the 5th time I've typed in which browsers I use, why I use em and all that. Please learn to actually CHECK the forum for previous messages, this is getting as bad as the zillion of threads about which webdesign program (quoting the name LOL) people use.

In the beginning, I chose Mozilla Firefox because it has better security than Internet Explorer. After using it for a while, I modified my reason for chosing Firefox: The extensions of Firefox are cool, especially Adblock where one can block ads with ease. Clearly, Firefox is a keeper.I still use IE occasionally for Windows Updates and for viewing websites that fail to appear normal in Firefox. Should I be ashamed for doing that? :rolleyes: