xisto Community
RainbowPhoenix

• Too Much Info! • How do I remove my CPanel login ID?

Hi All!I just noticed that now that I am hosted, for some reason my CPanel account ID is showing up in my user profile. Is there a way to make that invisible? Or... am I seeing information about myself that isn't available to anyone else in the first place, lol! Hopefully, the latter is the case... I was up and down the settings for my options and I see nothing that would control the visibility of that information.As well... hopefully this is the right forum for this question... I apologize in advance if I posted this question in the wrong spot.Cheers,Phoenix :P

WHEW!!! On one hand, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T out to get you... on the other, I kinda figured the only person seeing that particular information was me... especially since I couldn't see that on ANYBODY else, LMAO!!!Thanks for your prompt replies!!!Cheers,Phoenix :P

Being paranoid is a good thing, as long as it doesn't cause you to act too paranoid. And they are out to get you, they have been since you've been born. Xisto will help slow them down. Welcome to the ranks of the hosted. (The preceeding stuff is my crazy way of welcoming you to hosted status while functioning on very little sleep, if it offends you or worries you, please disregard it, otherwise laugh if you want.)

I kinda figured the only person seeing that particular information was me... especially since I couldn't see that on ANYBODY else, LMAO!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Phoenix, I hate to partially burst da bubble LOL. But moderators and admins can see that info about you :P However, normal members or hosted members can not. Of course this has a good reason, otherwise an admin wouldn't be able to suspend "badly" behaving hosted members. Yes, there is a sad side to every story huh?

But mods and admins could look it up anyway, so it wouldn't be hidden from them just because it isn't displayed. That's just convenience. Only those who have a reason to know the cpanel username get to see it, it isn't public knowledge.

Hey RP, welcome to the "Hosted World", lol. Nice to see that you're hosted now. You're not the first to be concerned with a visible username, as you can see in this fairly recent thread. I think that thread is also a good example of how responsive the Xisto staff is to its members. If you have any other concerns or issues you'd like to see addressed, please don't hesitate to let us know. :P

As a matter of fact trekkie101, I do yll at thr WinXP login for showing the username. The only reason I haven't changed back to classic is I'm the only one on my computer and I like the pretty colors.