xisto Community
aaorozco

Your Favorite Website Creator

I find Notepad best because I use a lot of Dynamic Scripting language, I have to be able to programme without the editor editing it. E.g. I use to use Frontpage, however I stopped because when I wrote PHP, I would write

<?PHP echo "Hello World!"; ?>
And I would get
<?PHP echo &quote Hello World! &quote; ?>
Things like that just put me off.

In regard to dreamwaver, I do give it credit because of it's fantastic CSS compatability tests and editing (I'm a bit dusty on CSS).

All are talking about Dreamwaver, I haven`t tried it, because I didn`t know this program advantages. Now I am looking for dreamwaver. We will see how good this program are. But I don`t think that I will leave my notepad and frontpage, this duete complement each other. When I craeting my web sites I use FrontPage, but when I want to do quick exchanges I use notepad :P

I didn`t know this program advantages.

ex-profit, dreamweaver allow u to owrk with php (frontpage don't).. dreamweaver tables are supposed to be better, but i think frontapge 2003 it's way better...

There're little details.. like menu creation from dreamweaver... check an example on my site:

http://ww2.rapco.subterraneos.net/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

it's text based, so it won't be the xxx kb flash menu o dhtml.....

You should really check it out... but keep with frontpage and notepad too!!!

Def dreamweaver, It does about anything you can think of doing and has the ability to import about any thing including flash, something more programs need., although it is a large program, (and somewhat expensive for ones and zeroes) it takes the cake. I still need notepad though, for things that im too dumb to figure out how to do in Dreamweaver, but thats my own problem (and something I dont understand are people who use a notepad type editor exclusively, i would much rather spend 10 seconds moving a table because i just changed my mind instead of 10 minuites re-organizing the code) but thats just me

I recently started using dreamweaver and I don't what I did without it...It has everything I need (and more) it's just perfect for what I do

Though I do all of my coding by hand using notepad now, I do have to admit that Dreamweaver would be a personal favorite if I had to whip-up something presentable on the fly. It's a very effective tool in website creation.

I like to use Quanta Plus on Linux. It's a source-based editor with nice real-time previews and nice features like setting up the outline of a page and then just letting me code the actually <body> section.

I love Frontpage and Dreamweaver, but now I prefer to do everything by code. Thus, I would say NotePad is my favorite program...However, I use HTML-Kit now... Why? It's basically NotePad with nice features for the coder. Of course, the tags and attributes are color-coded like every other program. It has many functions for the lazy coder (that's me). I like the HTML Tidy ability which of course checks for errors and cleans up my disorganized code. Clearly, HTML-Kit is my favorite website creator...

I would have to say dreamweaver, notepad and flashmx... Macromedia is a great company.. they have everything you need to build a nice professional website...I usually use flashmx and adobe photoshop for my images and flash images... Dreamweaver is use for coding and all the fun stuff (developing)Then notepad is for minor fixes of codes... simplicity is the key...

I use something called "Namo WebEditor".It's made by a Korean company and it's just like Dreamweaver.Except for that it has simpler interface.. :PI like it because it's simple yet, powerful enough to suit my needs.

I use something called "Namo WebEditor".

It's made by a Korean company and it's just like Dreamweaver.

Except for that it has simpler interface.. :P

I like it because it's simple yet, powerful enough to suit my needs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm...

I use note pad mostly.I use note pad because thats really the only program that I have for that kind of thing, and it is what i was taught to use, besides, it comes with windows, no extra cash for another program.

But with that being said, I am interested in another program besides note pad for web site stuff.

I have only seen the icon of dreamweaver on a macintosh program bar (on my dads comp).