xisto Community
aaorozco

Your Favorite Website Creator

NOTEPAD of course and Macromedia Homesite (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
'>see features here)

If you are in need of a LICENSED professional webeditor, go and buy Homesite Version 4.5 at ebay for some bucks, nobody seems to want it. This version appeared under the name Allaire Homesite, after version 4.5 it was bought by Macromedia and is now delivered as an extra with Dreamweaver MX.

GreetingZ

Right now, I'm right between Dreamweaver and Frontpage. My school has dreamweaver, and I'm trying to figure it out. On the other hand, I have frontpage at home, and I know how to use it fluently enough to get by.

Dreamweaver is the best one..Frontpage, the only software that forces his design over your actual intended design.. works and look great on its WYSWIG but looks crappy on most browsers [generated files]..I am so sorry to all frontpage fan but I despise that editor, it creates laziness to people and It also have a bad habit of injecting lots of html codes that are unwanted to your html file..using the frontpage ftp service messes a lot of your webhosts security settings for your account.. it also introduces alot of security leaksDreamweaver on the other hand have a robust editing capability and it can be configured to communicate with different webservers. it also have an ftp software though slow but it wont trash your websecurity settings..Flash is for animation and not all people can afford a fast connection, there are still lots of areas around the world that have connections dropping to 30kbps and flash movies or flash base websites will really load at a very ssslllloooooowwwwwwww pace..if everything fails, just put out your notepad but if there is wordpad, use it instead.. :)

I would also have to say dreamweaver, it was the first I used and after trying some others I always came back to it. I still like coding in plain text editors but I dont get alot of time to play with html lately so when I do make a page I often go for dreamweaver cause I can make a fancy site in a short time frame.

Front Page since it is the easiest. I never tried Dreamweaver, however, I have heard of it. As for Notepad, how do you create a site in it? I should learn how to use Dreamweaver because I hear it's good.