xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webguide

Yahoo's New "Adsense" Style Program

Looks like yahoo's releasing a new contextual advertising program which is meant to compete with adsense. The new domain is has just gone up. As soon as the program is active i'm going to sign up. Its about time that there was a better option then adsense.

Are you sure its practical to sign up for something that hasn't been certified and tested by others? Google's adsense program although they do scam people but i still see so many people using it. So this means that they do give out money for advertisers. Yahoo!'s "adsense program might be better maybe but tell me: Who's richer? :D

Yes, Yahoo is richer.But, I think that since Yahoo's search is based off Google, I suspect that the code for the ads will be very similar to the Adsense code.I would be very interested to see the code side by side and see if that is the case.but, a lot more information would be really helpfull to this site, and please don't cut and paste it all.-William

I believe that Google's bots and algorithmns are better than Yahoo!'s, so I think that Google Adsense would be better at guessing the content of a page and serve relevant ads better than Yahoo! contextual advertising program.

Are you sure its practical to sign up for something that hasn't been certified and tested by others? Google's adsense program although they do scam people but i still see so many people using it. So this means that they do give out money for advertisers. Yahoo!'s "adsense program might be better maybe but tell me: Who's richer?  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's only one way to find out and thats to test it. I'll put it on one of my sites for a few days and see if theres any change in profit, although adsense has been very good for my sites.

oh no.... the internet is coming loaded with adverts and yahoo is "going to make it better" - sarcasim. google is everywherere already! and here come yahoo! i remember a few years ago there wasnt much adverts around the internet. now i need a advert blocker and things like that! now its coming onto websites your viewing.

Google Adsense Sucks. Its really a big scam. They dont care for publishers at all.They value the advertisers (which is good). But just because a publisher does not pay them any money does not mean that their accounts can be simply deleted or terminated without any notice or approval. ( REad this, you will know the real face of Google Adsense - http://forums.xisto.com/topic/81960-topic/?findpost=1064289275 )

Anyway, I look forward for Yahoo to start its advertising network. I will be glad to join it. More than Yahoo, I trust Microsoft. I have never heard any cases of someone being cheated by Microsoft. And I am waiting for them to start this type of a network. As for yahoo, they have already started this service and it has a limitations on the publishers who can sign up . only big companies who recieve a lot of hits (in millions) per day can signup. I hope they will soon remove this restriction.

And btw, Google is not the rich guy. Alexa ranking shows that Yahoo is the #1 site. All noobs who are introduced to Internet know Yahoo. Yahoo mail is more common and there are thousands of accountn. And also, have you ever noticed how large is the Yahoo website. I got an E-book which teaches how to use yahoo effectively.

Just curious, but what is this domain they've registered?

Anyway, I'd like this. Currently, AdSense is the only advertisement program that scans the apge so the ads are actually relevant to the page's content. If this new Yahoo rpogram won't require me to give my Social Security number, I'm signing up. :D

You're really against social security numbers eh Jguy? ;)Meh well...There are a few other ad programs that scan the full page for relevant words...Some of them even take it a step further and make those words into little ad links...I know this because some members ont he site have that technologie and it seemed pretty engenuise to me.Ad for opaque...Well you really h8 google man :P N I love the h8 thing...But I'm still a optimist for them...Because I really don't want my account deleted :P sO I just pretend they are nice and hope everythign works out :DYahoo...On the other hand is quite hte big site, you are right on that opaque. But to whoever mentioned that thing about yahoos search being based on google...I doubt it's possible since yahoo was here way b4 google :D. Meh though. It should be interresing to see how this all works out...I dunno if yahoo has enough of a crew to respond to allt he help emails that will be sent though...Just as google can't.

Google Adsense Sucks. Its really a big scam. They dont care for publishers at all.They value the advertisers (which is good). But just because a publisher does not pay them any money does not mean that their accounts can be simply deleted or terminated without any notice or approval. ( REad this, you will know the real face of Google Adsense - http://forums.xisto.com/topic/81960-topic/?findpost=1064289275 )

Well, I know that some publishers have had there accounts terminated but that happens sometime on all networks. It is most likely a mistake on there part scamming you would only decrease there profit in the long term, so it would be illogical. Personally I have found adsense highly profitable and reliable but yahoo's still worth a try.

You're really against social security numbers eh Jguy? :D

I don't really have anything against Social Security numbers. Ir's jsut giving it out that I don't like. Seriously, who knows what a Google employee that reviews applications might do? :D

Yes, Yahoo is richer.

But, I think that since Yahoo's search is based off Google, I suspect that the code for the ads will be very similar to the Adsense code.

I would be very interested to see the code side by side and see if that is the case.

but, a lot more information would be really helpfull to this site, and please don't cut and paste it all.

-William

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong, Google's search engine is based off Yahoo's... Yahoo's Search engine has been like that long before Google's was. But Yahoo and Google are very simmiliar, let me list the ways they are alike... Both Have high-end/popular search engines. Both offer 2 GB+ email free. The only thing I am waiting to see from Google is Internet connection service...

Yahoo! was made in 1994 by Stanford graduates David Filo and Jerry YangGoogle was made in 1996 by Stanford students Larry Page and Sergey Brinmmmm i smell simliarity. Anyways it seems now everyone is just following in Google's footsteps. For example, the email storage, it was only after Google launched the 1 gig revolution did every other major company out there change their policy (god do you still remeber the 5mb Hotmail days?)So basically Google is just killing all the other engines out there (although Yahoo! is the most visited web page) and every time someone uses Google it becomes more revlevant thus causing more people to visit Google making it more and more popular.I used Yahoo! in the very beginning, I found it to be less user friendly then Google because I'm loading a whole site instead of just loading a search bar (The Google simplicity is rather unintentional, the founders are computer majors and sucked with graphics which is why they have such a simple layout... man they should have hired me) but Google is just dear to me (my friends actually work there)Anyways onto Adsense program. I really like Google's program although they have been known to suspend ads if they realize people are just clicking it for revenue... I guess I see where they are coming from.Ad wise I heard Clicksor is the best paying ones (but they have pop-ups which suck)So for my site I'll probably be using Adsense from google and I'm not really excited about Yahoo's product... its just not exciting or orginal.