xisto Community
backflipkid

Easy Video Editing Easy Video Editing

hey i was just wondering if anyone knew of a program that is basicaly the same as iMovie but for PC. ive used iMovie on an apple and its so easy and has so many great options i was just hoping they made one for PC but i havnt found one...im just looking for an easy video editing software like iMovie...thanks a lot

I use Adobe Premiere 1.5 Pro and it's very cool and easy to use..like all the Adobe's applications is very simple to undertand and in less than one month you can learn almost everything about this program, if you're interested in Video Editing try also Adobe After Effects v6.5 Pro, it's a very useful program too, with some plugins you can make special effects and modify your film totaly...this program is a bit more difficult than Premiere..because you need a lot of practise with the plugins...Both the program aren't free but if you can have a special license, as student for example..it's not very very expensive....but it's not cheap too..:)

Does this topic belong in the Programming section? anyway... does Macromedia have some kind of produce available for video editing or creation or whatever? I think it is Macromedia Director... I may be wrong.Yeah. Adobe's Premiere is good from what i hear, as well is Windows Movie Maker, I used it when i first got Windows XP and it seems pretty simple to use from what i remember it splits the film into seperate scene images... yeah 'twas cool :).I have heard something about a program called Vegas Video. I am not sure how good it is, but you can "stitch" scenes together and add ending credits and so on. I think you should check that out.overture

i think it is supposed to be in the designing - animation forum... that's pretty much the subject isn't it? and no, i don't no very much about video editing... sorrythat's all!

To the person who asked whats an easy video editor just try Windows Movie Maker 2 first as its free and be worth a shot. If that doesn't suit your needs you could either go the high road and pick Adobe Premier or or Sony Vegas. Or you could take the middle road and get the watered-down version of the two its cheaper and easier to use but might not have all the features.

I don't really know as I don't frequently use these movie making stuff... But can firework or micromedia flash work? I'm fairly inept at movie stuff! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, neither of those things work for movies. What you want is adobe premier.

You can also supposedly use virtualDub. I am sure there is a free OSS thing for video out there as well. Search sourceforge.net

I don't think Macromedia has any video editing tool. Flash is used to make vertex animations that are drawn and scripting that can do games and other stuff, such as tools. Fireworks is a vertex drawing program too, used to draw stuff for advanced designing. Director, I think, is used to make simple applications. It's more of "OK, now that the video is done, let's add some interactivity to it.". It's also used to make games and stuff in the popular Shockwave format, which is web-based.

Since this is a video editing topic, I would like to throw my own question in to the fray:Say I were to make a video in 3ds Max. Are there any programs that I could export the 3ds .avi file in to, and edit the movie to make it look like an old fashioned film? Grainy, torn frames, black and white sort of effects?

I use Windows Movie Maker to make AMV's. It is very easy to use, but it a bit simple. Also, I get this problem where it freezes every like 30minutes in the program. Try the Adobe one, I think I'm going to try that too :(.

Movie Maker 2 is the easiest for beginners becuase of all of its tutorials it supplies with the program. For more average developers who know their way around video editing software, you should try using the Adobe Premiere, Macromedia Director, Ulead Video Studio, or Pinnacle Edition DV. Most of these products have the drag n' drop feature (which is always good) and are loaded with sounds/transition effects packaged with them.

dude wats up..well i just want to agree with some of the guys who had replied in your thread..im going to tell you to buy the entire adobe package for 1500 it is a good deal man...it comes with after fx,premiere pro,photoshop,audition..those applications are so useful dude..they are great..i use some of them myself and they are quite easy and has a lot of tutorials in the net..but if you want to just make movies..not special effects movies..i suggest you should just buy adobe premiere pro 1.5...it is awesome...you can film against a green screen and key your self so you can put your self in another backround or fly in the sky lol...well i dont want to bore you so ya just buy adobe premiere pro man..i think its like 600 dollars or something.well peace!

hey i was just wondering if anyone knew of a program that is basicaly the same as iMovie but for PC. ive used iMovie on an apple and its so easy and has so many great options i was just hoping they made one for PC but i havnt found one...im just looking for an easy video editing software like iMovie...thanks a lot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Download the demo of Vegas from the sony multimedia site. It is so simple and comes with the full help file. It is a full version but expires after time. It has all kinds of effects and it is a not linear, mutitrack editing system.

Check it out.

Ed

It's a shame that noone has yet to release USEFUL and free video editting software. There's free software for virtually every purpose except this. By useful, I mean selection of and ability to drag multiple layer tracks for audio and video, a plus would be filters. Windows Movie Maker does a decent job at video editting, but unfortunately only saves as WMV, and many programs don't support editting of WMV, so it's tough.